Speculation Liam Baker

Remove this Banner Ad

Time for some house cleaning.

1) Do not drag discussions or individual posts over here from other threads or boards.

Feel free to respond to those posts wherever they were posted, if you so choose.

2) Enough with the personal attacks. It’s a long season and this one may go the distance, so if you want to remain a part of the discussion, do it respectfully.

We will use thread bans and infractions if necessary.

Because everyone knows whoever it is is almost certainly a caretaker coach that gets fired in 3-4 years. Happens almost every single time with a rebuilding team.
So if you are an aspiring head coach, how do you ever get a job then? Most first time coaches are going to find themselves inheriting a team that isn't going to enjoy immediate success. At some point you have to back yourself, jump in with both feet and take whatever job is available.
Is Sam Mitchell going to get replaced at the end of the year?

So if you are an aspiring head coach, how do you ever get a job then? Most first time coaches are going to find themselves inheriting a team that isn't going to enjoy immediate success. At some point you have to back yourself, jump in with both feet and take whatever job is available.
Is Sam Mitchell going to get replaced at the end of the year?
There's opportunities that pop up that aren't a poisoned chalice. I don't think this is news when several experienced assistants have publicly said they aren't going to interview for the role so I'm hardly the only one who thinks it.

If you're a good assistant and you think it's only a matter of time before you get a Senior gig, you'd be just as likely to hold your shot. You often only get one go at the gig.

Last edited:

Unsure how this thread regarding a Richmond player has turned into a bunch of Fremantle and Richmond fans taking potshots at the Eagles coaching gig

Dumpster Fire GIF by MOODMAN

Unsure how this thread regarding a Richmond player has turned into a bunch of Fremantle and Richmond fans taking potshots at the Eagles coaching gig

Dumpster Fire GIF by MOODMAN
Did you take that live at Mineral Resources Park?

But yes. Back on track folks.

At least try and keep it to how the incoming coach could impact on Bakers decision at least.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I heard hes taking the position of chairman of the board too as that will be vacant very soon. Big moves by Baker

You won’t regret it…

Seriously you want baker… he is a gun. My favourite player …
You’ll quickly see what he does to lift his team mates.
Gets his own ball, he is clean in congestion, good decision maker, elite kick. Mr reliable …

You won’t regret it…

Seriously you want baker… he is a gun. My favourite player …
You’ll quickly see what he does to lift his team mates.
Gets his own ball, he is clean in congestion, good decision maker, elite kick. Mr reliable …
As I and every other eagles supporter in here im sure has said, id be very happy to have him. But not for a 1st or early 2nd round pick

Then you don’t understand what compact he has …
impact*?
I dont care, theres certain types of players I think we need, and Baker isnt at the top of the list.
We are actually if you can believe it, also in a rebuild, so cant go handing off good picks in a deep draft for players that arent absolutely necessary.

What's Baker worth ain't the same as what WC will pay.

Same age as Liam Ryan and Duggan...assuming TB gets them 12 & steak knives -

Pick 3 imperative they use
Pick 12 - too much for Baker and WC should use
Pick 23 - Not enough for Tiges? & again WC need talent.

WC will likely be bad again so no F1.

It's not an easy one if he nominates WC as they will likely play hard ball.

The question is do we plonk pick 17 on the table?

If Baker does nominate Eagles, then usually a deal gets done. Pick 23 although ‘unders’ is about as far as Eagles would want to extend.

Maybe if they get a hypothetical pick 12 for Barrass they give that for Baler but they would almost certainly want Richmond’s 2nd coming back and I don’t even know if either club likes that deal.

23 is closer than 12 to the value (I think 23 is about right personally but its borderline), so I think us giving 23 and some minor pick swaps later on and it gets done.

Remove this Banner Ad

Speculation Liam Baker

Remove this Banner Ad

Back