Speculation Liam Baker

Remove this Banner Ad

Time for some house cleaning.

1) Do not drag discussions or individual posts over here from other threads or boards.

Feel free to respond to those posts wherever they were posted, if you so choose.

2) Enough with the personal attacks. It’s a long season and this one may go the distance, so if you want to remain a part of the discussion, do it respectfully.

We will use thread bans and infractions if necessary.

Fox Tv Popcorn GIF by The Four

What's Baker worth ain't the same as what WC will pay.

Same age as Liam Ryan and Duggan...assuming TB gets them 12 & steak knives -

Pick 3 imperative they use
Pick 12 - too much for Baker and WC should use
Pick 23 - Not enough for Tiges? & again WC need talent.

WC will likely be bad again so no F1.

It's not an easy one if he nominates WC as they will likely play hard ball.
I was playing around with this using Brisbane's pick 14. I don't know how I feel about it yet.

WCE
OUT: 23, 30 (HAW)
IN: Baker, 39

RIC
OUT: Baker, 39
IN: 14, 52

BRI
OUT: 14, 52
IN: 23, 30

Values Baker around pick 18 but Richmond get a slightly better pick than that. Roughly equal points for Brisbane. 9-pick downgrade for West Coast on a pick they don't yet have.

The question is do we plonk pick 17 on the table?

If Baker does nominate Eagles, then usually a deal gets done. Pick 23 although ‘unders’ is about as far as Eagles would want to extend.

Maybe if they get a hypothetical pick 12 for Barrass they give that for Baler but they would almost certainly want Richmond’s 2nd coming back and I don’t even know if either club likes that deal.
Would Freo do that though? 17 would almost certainly be a part of the Bolton deal.

Baker was at the eagles v collingwood 2018 grand final with his eagles scarf on according to Jay Clarke. Interesting as he was drafted by the tigers a year earlier… these are the blokes telling the footy public what will happen…

23 ain’t a first. Baker will be traded for a first rd pick. Not a 2nd nor a first with a 2nd going back.
No offence, as I think Baker is very good player....but a 1st rd pick for a guy that averages 18-20 disposals, 3 tackles and less than a goal a game??

I mean these are some other players with similar numbers, and I'd struggle to think any of them are worth a 1st?

Jarrod Berry
Hunter Clark
Blake Acres

I honestly think WC will get 12 and 30 for Barass and then it will be 23 and 30 for Baker and 57 (or some low pick Richmond won't use)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Baker is not as bad for a developing club as is being made out by a few in this thread

It is the reason I wanted to keep him before he decided he wanted to go back to Perth

And it is the reason why I think he’s worth a good pick from the club that gets him

He is a leader, current VC at our club. The is tough as nails, goes hard, doesn’t make mistakes under pressure, and sets the standard for younger up and coming players.

Will he play in the next Richmond or West Coast premiership? Very unlikely.

Will he have a very positive influence at the club he plays at and help set the culture and groundwork for a serious tilt? Definitely.

Having said all that, objectively speaking you’d think Freo would be the best fit for him.

You won’t regret it…

Seriously you want baker… he is a gun. My favourite player …
You’ll quickly see what he does to lift his team mates.
Gets his own ball, he is clean in congestion, good decision maker, elite kick. Mr reliable …

His disposal stats would indicate he is not a elite kick.

He is tiny, whereby we need strong inside mids. Thats the issue at hand. Very few Richmond fans are up in arms over him leaving. Like every fan base, they hope to rip off the other team in any trade.

His disposal stats would indicate he is not a elite kick.

He is tiny, whereby we need strong inside mids. Thats the issue at hand. Very few Richmond fans are up in arms over him leaving. Like every fan base, they hope to rip off the other team in any trade.

We are disappointed he is leaving .. but understand his need to go home.
It'll be a fair trade and you’ll understand exactly why we rate him as soon as he runs out as an eagle.

We are disappointed he is leaving .. but understand his need to go home.
It'll be a fair trade and you’ll understand exactly why we rate him as soon as he runs out as an eagle.

Hmmm the way I see it, you guys are only disappointed if he leaves without a first round draft pick, not disappointed that he is leaving.

And that’s ok. Lucky for you guys, we tend to overpay.

Hmmm the way I see it, you guys are only disappointed if he leaves without a first round draft pick, not disappointed that he is leaving.

And that’s ok. Lucky for you guys, we tend to overpay.
I think as a whole we're resigned to his leaving, having had a far bit of time to come to terms with it we moved past grief some time ago.

Can't see where you get a late first though so the point is probably moot.

I think as a whole we're resigned to his leaving, having had a far bit of time to come to terms with it we moved past grief some time ago.

Can't see where you get a late first though so the point is probably moot.

As I said….not disappointed if he leaves as long as a first round pick involved.

No one is going to pay a first on their own for baker in this draft.

I was playing around with this using Brisbane's pick 14. I don't know how I feel about it yet.

WCE
OUT: 23, 30 (HAW)
IN: Baker, 39

RIC
OUT: Baker, 39
IN: 14, 52

BRI
OUT: 14, 52
IN: 23, 30

Values Baker around pick 18 but Richmond get a slightly better pick than that. Roughly equal points for Brisbane. 9-pick downgrade for West Coast on a pick they don't yet have.
Does that get Brisbane enough points to match Ashcroft at say pick 2 with the discount? With the change to the points next year, I doubt they will want to go into a deficit.

As I said….not disappointed if he leaves as long as a first round pick involved.

No one is going to pay a first on their own for baker in this draft.
You make it sound like we were not disappointed, we were. If that's not your implication fine.

As I said the point is moot.

No offence, as I think Baker is very good player....but a 1st rd pick for a guy that averages 18-20 disposals, 3 tackles and less than a goal a game??

I mean these are some other players with similar numbers, and I'd struggle to think any of them are worth a 1st?

Jarrod Berry
Hunter Clark
Blake Acres

I honestly think WC will get 12 and 30 for Barass and then it will be 23 and 30 for Baker and 57 (or some low pick Richmond won't use)
It really is the how clean he is with the ball and the pick ups. His best position is in the backline.

However, what will make him a First rounder is that we were looking to make him captain. He has been mentoring a few of our kids and the standards he sets in the way he goes about it is huge. He is an accomplished player who is getting the best out of himself. As said before, he is far better for Richmond to keep over say a Bolton for a rebuilding side.

Does that get Brisbane enough points to match Ashcroft at say pick 2 with the discount? With the change to the points next year, I doubt they will want to go into a deficit.
It leaves them with the status quo. I can't see how Richmond or West Coast help them get 1,000 points this off-season. We might throw a late pick their way for Deven Robertson, your guys might overpay for pick 14 on your own, but they're still going to be well off where they will need to be.

Remove this Banner Ad

Speculation Liam Baker

Remove this Banner Ad

Back