Speculation Liam Baker

Remove this Banner Ad

Time for some house cleaning.

1) Do not drag discussions or individual posts over here from other threads or boards.

Feel free to respond to those posts wherever they were posted, if you so choose.

2) Enough with the personal attacks. It’s a long season and this one may go the distance, so if you want to remain a part of the discussion, do it respectfully.

We will use thread bans and infractions if necessary.

Baker will be either WC’s 1 of the Barras trade picks from Hawthorn. Around pick 14 which ends up at about 17.
Or
Freos third first round pick from where ever Port finishes. Freo’s first 2 go on Bolton.
Richmond do not require any more late picks or 2nd round picks.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
If WC give up a decent 1st for an uncontracted 26 year old when they are in the middle of a re-build, fans will be very, very pissed!!

Especially in this draft where picks 10 to 30 are very close!

With Richmond having so many picks this year, plus maybe getting 3/4 more 1st rd picks, I can really see Baker going or WC's 2025 2nd rd pick.

I could honestly see Richmond having picks 1, 6, 9, 14, 17, 21 and 29........that's a very big player turnover already, so moving the Baker pick in 2025 makes sense!

If WC give up a decent 1st for an uncontracted 26 year old when they are in the middle of a re-build, fans will be very, very pissed!!

Especially in this draft where picks 10 to 30 are very close!

With Richmond having so many picks this year, plus maybe getting 3/4 more 1st rd picks, I can really see Baker going or WC's 2025 2nd rd pick.

I could honestly see Richmond having picks 1, 6, 9, 14, 17, 21 and 29........that's a very big player turnover already, so moving the Baker pick in 2025 makes sense!
Much weaker draft next year, we want more first rd picks this year. Unless of course it’s first rd next year you give us.
Maybe your first next year for baker and pick 21.

Much weaker draft next year, we want more first rd picks this year. Unless of course it’s first rd next year you give us.
Maybe your first next year for baker and pick 21.
That values Baker at pick 12 -14, depending on where WC finish next year.
That's a little high in my opinion.

Baker is a good player, but he's uncontracted and not an urgent requirement for a team rebuilding.

For mine it would be like Richmond spending a top 10 pick on Houston......good player but not what the club needs right now.

Baker is actually worth more to a team like Freo or Essendon......a team that thinks it should of made finals this ear but needs a bit more polish.

I think eagles fans bit out of touch . There crying out for leadership Baker is one his 26 years old. His no star or A grader , but a solid B grade player worth a pick from 12 to 15.
Solid B-graders aren't worth picks in the teens mate.

Keep drinking the Kool-Aid, thinking WCE will give up pick 12 for Baker, lmao.

Can we please stop saying "pick 23 will turn into pick 29...."

It does not matter because the players that get picked from Academies or F/S, the club does not have access too anyway!!

Clubs know that and know what players will go that they don't have access too, and where they should go.

But thats not the point. If we are saying that to replace Baker, we think a fair replacement is the 23rd player in the draft. Just because we don't have access to another 5, doesn't mean that we then say, but because of these 5 players, we'll take the 28th best player then.

You are looking at it all wrong from a trading perspective.

That values Baker at pick 12 -14, depending on where WC finish next year.
That's a little high in my opinion.

Baker is a good player, but he's uncontracted and not an urgent requirement for a team rebuilding.

For mine it would be like Richmond spending a top 10 pick on Houston......good player but not what the club needs right now.

Baker is actually worth more to a team like Freo or Essendon......a team that thinks it should have made finals this ear but needs a bit more polish.
You’ve obviously been into him for a while as have freo I’d imagine. Be interesting to see what happens but I’m confident it will be a first rd pick that is traded for him. The fact Matty Clarke drafted him and is now heading up your football department tells me he’ll end up at the eagles.

Honestly why are Tigers fans even trying to argue that pick 12-15 should be used for Baker lmao nobody is going to fall for that.
At least be a little realistic

I think eagles fans bit out of touch . There crying out for leadership Baker is one his 26 years old. His no star or A grader , but a solid B grade player worth a pick from 12 to 15.
We're crying out for midfielders. Baker would be a good player to have but at a fair price. We can't afford to be burning draft capital.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I could justify 15-20 for Freo with something late coming back, WC shouldn't really do anything in the top 30, it's just where they are at I think there's going to be some serious melts from one side when this goes through
We can swap Baker for Aish (statistically similar) and send a third rounder to add to the Brisbane deal to account for the age difference.

;)

Honestly why are Tigers fans even trying to argue that pick 12-15 should be used for Baker lmao nobody is going to fall for that.
At least be a little realistic
Because they're delusional.

Apparently 'leadership' is worth a mid first-rounder these days.

Good thing Hurn's coming back to the club to mentor our leaders then.

But thats not the point. If we are saying that to replace Baker, we think a fair replacement is the 23rd player in the draft. Just because we don't have access to another 5, doesn't mean that we then say, but because of these 5 players, we'll take the 28th best player then.

You are looking at it all wrong from a trading perspective.
I'm not at all.....for WC and Richmond, all the academy kids may as well not exist.

Take away the academy and F/S kids and pick 23 is still the 23rd best player that Richmond have access to.

And in fact it can work the other way.....if a pick in the 20's is used up by an academy bid, then a pick in the 30's comes down.
Doesn't mean that that pick in the 30's can get you a better player!!

I'm not at all.....for WC and Richmond, all the academy kids may as well not exist.

Take away the academy and F/S kids and pick 23 is still the 23rd best player that Richmond have access to.

And in fact it can work the other way.....if a pick in the 20's is used up by an academy bid, then a pick in the 30's comes down.
Doesn't mean that that pick in the 30's can get you a better player!!
On draft night it doesn't matter, trading for the pick matters because you have to take into account the strength of the draft and who you'll get at that pick. Pick 1 with Reid in the draft is different to pick 1 this year.

Having said that, feels like for that same reason, this draft being so uniquely even means the push backs donesnt matter as much as other years.

Because they're delusional.

Apparently 'leadership' is worth a mid first-rounder these days.

Good thing Hurn's coming back to the club to mentor our leaders then.

This leadership angle doesn't fly with me for WC.

It's more relevant for Freo where some experience could help in the close games we keep losing. But we have bigger fish to fry with our pursuit of Bolton, Pickett, Warner. We have issues with salary cap and draft capital to get 2 of them (let alone all 3). Baker stuffs everything up.

At WC, Baker's not really going to change much. What has Simpkin done at North? He's a similar standard of player and the captain. No matter how good an example he sets, he ultimately can't do much to turn them around.

Feels like Baker has jumped the gun in announcing he wants out. Things have changed at Freo with Pickett, and WC haven't got a coach. He will want to have his say on the matter. If WC end up going after him, I wouldn't even want to give up 23 or a F2. I'd try to get 30 from the Hawks and say take it or leave it.

As head of your football department I’d say he’d be the most influential voice and have final sign off.
Good Richmond man Matty

Bloke just walked in.

If any club let's a single person make these calls they are fools. Essendon.....Dorodo....how's that going for them?

Clarke will have a say. A big one. But he alone doesn't make the call.

Not how big organisations work.

This leadership angle doesn't fly with me for WC.

It's more relevant for Freo where some experience could help in the close games we keep losing. But we have bigger fish to fry with our pursuit of Bolton, Pickett, Warner. We have issues with salary cap and draft capital to get 2 of them (let alone all 3). Baker stuffs everything up.

At WC, Baker's not really going to change much. What has Simpkin done at North? He's a similar standard of player and the captain. No matter how good an example he sets, he ultimately can't do much to turn them around.

Feels like Baker has jumped the gun in announcing he wants out. Things have changed at Freo with Pickett, and WC haven't got a coach. He will want to have his say on the matter. If WC end up going after him, I wouldn't even want to give up 23 or a F2. I'd try to get 30 from the Hawks and say take it or leave it.

Only thing you are close to correct here is offering the Hawks 2nd.

Bloke just walked in.

If any club let's a single person make these calls they are fools. Essendon.....Dorodo....how's that going for them?

Clarke will have a say. A big one. But he alone doesn't make the call.

Not how big organisations work.
He's also not going to jeopardise his career just to do his previous employer any favours.

What kind of idiot would do that?

You eagles boys are in for a big surprise come trade week.
Yea Right GIF

I could justify 15-20 for Freo with something late coming back, WC shouldn't really do anything in the top 30, it's just where they are at I think there's going to be some serious melts from one side when this goes through

With Bolton and Pickett possibly coming in.

It is hard to see us having any first round picks left, at best we will have pick 25 or maybe 21 if we can get that from Richmond.

Remove this Banner Ad

Speculation Liam Baker

Remove this Banner Ad

Back