Speculation Liam Baker

Remove this Banner Ad

Time for some house cleaning.

1) Do not drag discussions or individual posts over here from other threads or boards.

Feel free to respond to those posts wherever they were posted, if you so choose.

2) Enough with the personal attacks. It’s a long season and this one may go the distance, so if you want to remain a part of the discussion, do it respectfully.

We will use thread bans and infractions if necessary.

With Bolton and Pickett possibly coming in.

It is hard to see us having any first round picks left, at best we will have pick 25 or maybe 21 if we can get that from Richmond.
Yeah, I'm pretty sure at this stage it's WC or bust for him, aint no way we can get all three.

Honestly why are Tigers fans even trying to argue that pick 12-15 should be used for Baker lmao nobody is going to fall for that.
At least be a little realistic
Because 12 to 15 is the value for a 26 year old good solid player. You really think Baker nominates to leave and his management don't have a agreement in principle this is well advanced.

I don't know. Surely you've got another Balta :tearsofjoy:

secret smell GIF

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Because 12 to 15 is the value for a 26 year old good solid player. You really think Baker nominates to leave and his management don't have a agreement in principle this is well advanced.
Gold Coast will give you overs because they are Gold Coast. Take whatever you get for Rioli.
Other clubs live in the real world so Baker no.

This leadership angle doesn't fly with me for WC.

It's more relevant for Freo where some experience could help in the close games we keep losing. But we have bigger fish to fry with our pursuit of Bolton, Pickett, Warner. We have issues with salary cap and draft capital to get 2 of them (let alone all 3). Baker stuffs everything up.

At WC, Baker's not really going to change much. What has Simpkin done at North? He's a similar standard of player and the captain. No matter how good an example he sets, he ultimately can't do much to turn them around.

Feels like Baker has jumped the gun in announcing he wants out. Things have changed at Freo with Pickett, and WC haven't got a coach. He will want to have his say on the matter. If WC end up going after him, I wouldn't even want to give up 23 or a F2. I'd try to get 30 from the Hawks and say take it or leave it.
Jumped the gun you think footy clubs work like that lol. Baker has been talking for the last 6 months it's well advanced. For him to come out clubs have committed. Pick 30 another one living in fairyland.

Did he? Him and Beveridge were spruiking a top 15 pick on Gettable recently. I nearly fell off my chair listening to it
I am sure in one of the gettable segments he said the eagles should not give up a first round pick for him.
This was before the Tom Barrass request. We don't even know where the Hawks first will end up.
I am happy if Freo want to do a better deal with all their fist round picks.

I am sure in one of the gettable segments he said the eagles should not give up a first round pick for him.
This was before the Tom Barrass request. We don't even know where the Hawks first will end up.
I am happy if Freo want to do a better deal with all their fist round picks.

I’m not touching Baker now for any pick with a 1 in the front.

He’d be a deal done after we have Bolton and Kozzie through the door, but I’d still be interested with the Saints second

Last edited:

He’d be a desolate done after we have Bolton and Kozzie through the door, but I’d still be interested with the Saints second

Baker would be far better for you than either Bolton or Kozzie. Those 2 players play for themselves, good luck relying on them in a big away game or final, they are just as likely to cost you the game as they are to win it. Baker allows players around him to play better and would sacrifice his game for the team. He will also cost probably less than half what they will in a trade. Be crazy if you let him go to the eagles for the other 2.

He’d be a desolate done after we have Bolton and Kozzie through the door, but I’d still be interested with the Saints second
fine then, pick 9?

Think you’re underselling bakes here. What did we pay for hopper? Who was our head of recruiting then? Who is leading up west coasts football department now?
It's amazes me that you blokes have never heard of Blair Hartley.

Also, Gavin Bell heads up our Football Department.

Last edited:
Baker would be far better for you than either Bolton or Kozzie. Those 2 players play for themselves, good luck relying on them in a big away game or final, they are just as likely to cost you the game as they are to win it. Baker allows players around him to play better and would sacrifice his game for the team. He will also cost probably less than half what they will in a trade. Be crazy if you let him go to the eagles for the other 2.

We need small forward who kick goals.

Baker doesn’t do that.
I would still take him, but not at the expense of them or a Warner deal

Good luck selling those magic beans to literally any Freo fan.

Remove this Banner Ad

Speculation Liam Baker

Remove this Banner Ad

Back