Speculation Liam Baker

Remove this Banner Ad

Time for some house cleaning.

1) Do not drag discussions or individual posts over here from other threads or boards.

Feel free to respond to those posts wherever they were posted, if you so choose.

2) Enough with the personal attacks. It’s a long season and this one may go the distance, so if you want to remain a part of the discussion, do it respectfully.

We will use thread bans and infractions if necessary.

Isn't baker a free agent next year.Would be silly for both sides to over pay. If a deal doesn't get done this year he just needs to sign a one year deal.
We know he's heading home to his two million dollar home by the river.

It's amazes me that you blokes have never heard of Blair Hartley.

Also, Gavin Bell heads up our Football Department.

Isn't baker a free agent next year.Would be silly for both sides to over pay. If a deal doesn't get done this year he just needs to sign a one year deal.
We know he's heading home to his two million dollar home by the river.
Or we force him into the pre season draft with a min 2 year contract. He’d be good with the kids coming through and more value than some 2nd rd pick.

Baker would be far better for you than either Bolton or Kozzie. Those 2 players play for themselves, good luck relying on them in a big away game or final, they are just as likely to cost you the game as they are to win it. Baker allows players around him to play better and would sacrifice his game for the team. He will also cost probably less than half what they will in a trade. Be crazy if you let him go to the eagles for the other 2.
LMAO...Now that Boltons said he wants out he's suddenly become a liability....😂😂

We were told numerous times he's been a brilliant servant for richmond and owes them nothing, is that how you treat them?
He doesn’t owe us anything but the club is always bigger than the individual. Gotta look after the club first and foremost.
Saying that I highly doubt it would come to that, sure a deal will be struck that both clubs will be happy with.

If he only costs us a 2nd round pick I think most WC supporters wouldn't be too upset

It's expecting any more that is the issue

Its why I get a feeling it's going to be a second and F2

second rounder = Richmond supporters say its unders
first rounder = Eagles supporters saying its overs

There's no way West Coast would want to give up a 1st rounder when trying to rebuild their list, otherwise they would just keep Barrass. There's no way they would give up pick 3 either.

Richmond will want more than a single 2nd round pick for a player who is our vice-captain and touted for being a great clubman since he first stepped on the field and is still only mid 20's. Baker is actually a very decent player one that makes players around him better.

Talk of the PSD is rubbish. Also talk of him going to Freo, if that was the case then he would have said so, waiting on who the coach is ... why? he needs to be looking at the lists and if he did that his preference would be Fremantle right now and it isn't.

Richmond supporters will still be spewing because it's not a 1st rounder, Eagles supporters won't be entirely happy either as they are giving up 2 second rounders.

Also talk of him going to Freo, if that was the case then he would have said so, waiting on who the coach is ... why? he needs to be looking at the lists and if he did that his preference would be Fremantle right now and it isn't.

He may also simply be 4th in line in priorities.

Where he's happy enough to go to WC, but holding out to see what else happens.

(I don't believe any of this btw, but could be true).

I see Serong and other WA journalists bringing up Baker in regards to us, I really hope he doesn't end up choosing us if it means we lose out on Pickett, Bolton and Pickett should be the #1 and #2 priorities for us.

Or we force him into the pre season draft with a min 2 year contract. He’d be good with the kids coming through and more value than some 2nd rd pick.

Lol. Force him to the PSD.

Why would any club force a player to stay via the PSD after coming out of contract?

For any employee employer relationship to work both parties need to want to be there.

If someone forced you to work somewhere you didn't want to be how would you feel going to work each day?

Would you perform at your best? No. Not a chance.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

no, its not
The media reporting around the Richmond guys leaving is a complete head scratcher to me, maybe I overate Bolton. But aside from nuffy Ralph, everyone on Bolton is one top 10 pick and then 17 or even a 2nd. This seems between fair overs (10 and 17) and a rip-off for 9 and a 2nd round pick.

Then you compare it to frankly insane values on Baker, who is out of contract and Rioli who apparently became the best HBF in the game and I dont understand what is going on

Its why I get a feeling it's going to be a second and F2

second rounder = Richmond supporters say its unders
first rounder = Eagles supporters saying its overs

There's no way West Coast would want to give up a 1st rounder when trying to rebuild their list, otherwise they would just keep Barrass. There's no way they would give up pick 3 either.

Richmond will want more than a single 2nd round pick for a player who is our vice-captain and touted for being a great clubman since he first stepped on the field and is still only mid 20's. Baker is actually a very decent player one that makes players around him better.

Talk of the PSD is rubbish. Also talk of him going to Freo, if that was the case then he would have said so, waiting on who the coach is ... why? he needs to be looking at the lists and if he did that his preference would be Fremantle right now and it isn't.

Richmond supporters will still be spewing because it's not a 1st rounder, Eagles supporters won't be entirely happy either as they are giving up 2 second rounders.
2nd and a 3rd rounder maybe

2nd and a 3rd rounder maybe
Arguably the thing WC can even less afford to do than give up a top 20 pick, is give up MULTIPLE picks in the top 30. Kelly wasnt expensive in the top end of picks given, it was expensive in the sheer number of picks given up. It's like a compounding effect of giving up picks

The media reporting around the Richmond guys leaving is a complete head scratcher to me, maybe I overate Bolton. But aside from nuffy Ralph, everyone on Bolton is one top 10 pick and then 17 or even a 2nd. This seems between fair overs (10 and 17) and a rip-off for 9 and a 2nd round pick.

Then you compare it to frankly insane values on Baker, who is out of contract and Rioli who apparently became the best HBF in the game and I dont understand what is going on
Idk whether theyre told to overrate Richmond players in the media, or theyre just repeating what Richmond nuffies like Ralph are saying, or maybe thats what they believe Richmond will be chasing for them.

The numbers theyre putting up surely are Richmonds starting asking price, not the actual trade value they expect it to get done for.

Idk whether theyre told to overrate Richmond players in the media, or theyre just repeating what Richmond nuffies like Ralph are saying, or maybe thats what they believe Richmond will be chasing for them.

The numbers theyre putting up surely are Richmonds starting asking price, not the actual trade value they expect it to get done for.
That would make sense to me, if in the same breath, it wasnt reasonable suggestions for Bolton. Just all seems out of whack.

That Fox Footy article was laughable

Arguably the thing WC can even less afford to do than give up a top 20 pick, is give up MULTIPLE picks in the top 30. Kelly wasnt expensive in the top end of picks given, it was expensive in the sheer number of picks given up. It's like a compounding effect of giving up picks
Yep, id be ok giving up a 1 top 30 pick for 1 best 22 player, but definitely not 2 for 1 player unless theyre genuinely A-grade and are 23 or under areas.

That Fox Footy article was laughable
It's not the first time those numbers have been said either. It's setting a whole bunch of Richmonds fans up for hurt because they are not walking away with anything close to that, contracts or not.

Just Standard vic media trying to pump up the value of players from victorian clubs and diminish the value of players from non victorian clubs at the same time, desperate and cringeworthy

I get Ralph saying 9 and 17 for Bolton, but 6 and 20 for Rioli is just ludicrous.

Even pick 22 for Graham was ridiculous.

I get Ralph saying 9 and 17 for Bolton, but 6 and 20 for Rioli is just ludicrous.

Even pick 22 for Graham was ridiculous.
Pick 22 is band 3. How much would it take to make that happen?

Remove this Banner Ad

Speculation Liam Baker

Remove this Banner Ad

Back