Speculation Liam Baker

Remove this Banner Ad

Time for some house cleaning.

1) Do not drag discussions or individual posts over here from other threads or boards.

Feel free to respond to those posts wherever they were posted, if you so choose.

2) Enough with the personal attacks. It’s a long season and this one may go the distance, so if you want to remain a part of the discussion, do it respectfully.

We will use thread bans and infractions if necessary.

I get Ralph saying 9 and 17 for Bolton, but 6 and 20 for Rioli is just ludicrous.

Even pick 22 for Graham was ridiculous.
Band 3 isnt that crazy to be fair, going off last years results with guys like McKay getting band 1.

its a lot less over the top than the other projections hes had

I meant if youre using last years compo picks to base what you think Graham would generate, then its band 3.

If you acknowledge the salary cap has gone up then itd be band 4

Cap only went up 10%. Last year band 3 compo was $550k, that's why I said over 600k. If your paying Graham 600k a year then eagles have lost the plot.

So that must be why pick 22 is being thrown about. Anything over 550k generally is compo after your 2nd round pick (Band 3) based on salary paid % of players in the comp.
Gaff and Barrass are coming off the books this year. Perhaps Darling, Sheed and Ryan as well. Nearly half of our list are on rookie contracts.

So that must be why pick 22 is being thrown about. Anything over 550k generally is compo after your 2nd round pick (Band 3) based on salary paid % of players in the comp.

Win for you blokes.

West Coast and Essendon only clubs with no auto increase for CBA increases.

Eagles have the extra $2M to spend without losing any other salary.

But then Gaff retired (probably $1M)

Barrass gone ($750K)

Yeo new deal (probably $200K reduction)

Blokes like Rotham, Jones, Witherden although not in big money going to be replaced with rookie upgrades and draftees.

Cash will be cheap for Eagles.

Win for you blokes.

West Coast and Essendon only clubs with no auto increase for CBA increases.

Eagles have the extra $2M to spend without losing any other salary.

But then Gaff retired (probably $1M)

Barrass gone ($750K)

Yeo new deal (probably $200K reduction)

Blokes like Rotham, Jones, Witherden although not in big money going to be replaced with rookie upgrades and draftees.

Cash will be cheap for Eagles.
If we get pick 22 compo for Graham, I'll personally pick him up at Perth Airport and drive him to Mineral Resources Park.

600k for Jack Graham? The WAFC need to intervene here.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Future second for Baker. Thats an easy one

2025 draft is heavily compromised. Plenty of teams will be int the market to trade out of the 1st round to buy points. Points for later picks will likely be reduced.

Logically 2025 2nd rounders will be worth more than ever to clubs needing points.

Tigers already have enough late picks this year so banking future 2nd rounders is definately a plus for any team if they have the opportunity.

Cap only went up 10%. Last year band 3 compo was $550k, that's why I said over 600k. If your paying Graham 600k a year then eagles have lost the plot.

What the current average AFL contract?

2023 it Was $441k.

2024 around $480k.

That goes up 10% in 2025 to around $525k.

So where does Graham sit at the Eagles list? With half the list in 2025 being 22 or younger and on first contracts.

And they look like moving on Barrass $750k and potentially Darling $800k.

Gaff on $800k also retired.

What the current average AFL contract?

2023 it Was $441k.

2024 around $480k.

That goes up 10% in 2025 to around $525k.

So where does Graham sit at the Eagles list? With half the list in 2025 being 22 or younger and on first contracts.

And they look like moving on Barrass $750k and potentially Darling $800k.

Gaff on $800k also retired.

All good but if your paying him 600k+ a year that's great news for us.

I do laugh though, Eagles fans telling me Baker is only worth 1 second around pick but happy to pay Graham the equivalent of Band 3 compo.

Too funny.

All good but if your paying him 600k+ a year that's great news for us.

I do laugh though, Eagles fans telling me Baker is only worth 1 second around pick but happy to pay Graham the equivalent of Band 3 compo.

Too funny.
He’s a free agent.

You pay the extra cash BECAUSE you don’t have to give up a pick.

Smh my head

The media reporting around the Richmond guys leaving is a complete head scratcher to me, maybe I overate Bolton. But aside from nuffy Ralph, everyone on Bolton is one top 10 pick and then 17 or even a 2nd. This seems between fair overs (10 and 17) and a rip-off for 9 and a 2nd round pick.

Then you compare it to frankly insane values on Baker, who is out of contract and Rioli who apparently became the best HBF in the game and I dont understand what is going on
You a dreaming Bolton 10 and 17 is to much. His match winner and has that magic kicked 34 goals this year and still has his prime years. You got a first round and 34 for Schulz Bolton is 10 times the player he is. Get out of fairyland.

Remove this Banner Ad

Speculation Liam Baker

Remove this Banner Ad

Back