Speculation Liam Baker

Remove this Banner Ad

Time for some house cleaning.

1) Do not drag discussions or individual posts over here from other threads or boards.

Feel free to respond to those posts wherever they were posted, if you so choose.

2) Enough with the personal attacks. It’s a long season and this one may go the distance, so if you want to remain a part of the discussion, do it respectfully.

We will use thread bans and infractions if necessary.

What , reported by who?
If WCE ever ask for a priority pick (handout) it will end the club as a ruthless high achieving organisation. The entire board must go if this has happened, and the CEO chased out of the state.
Lol we had priority pick players in our last premiership 2018 .

Ruthless ? Mate we are push overs

2020 Trade for Out of Contract Adam Saad
CarltonSaad (86 games) + #48 (-) + #78 (-)
Essendon#8 (-) + #87 (-)

2021 Trade for Out of Contract Adam Cerra
CarltonCerra (53 games)
Fremantle#6 (-) + #2022R3 (Carlton) (-)

2022 Trade for Out of Contract Tim Taranto
GWS#12 (-) + #19 (-)
RichmondTaranto (38 games)

Look, I don't know what Baker is going to go for. And clearly you would rate Taranto higher. But if Saad is pick 8.....

But heres 3 recent OOC trades. There's a bit to them pick wise. It shows that it is possible, even likely, that we're talking more than the equivalent of pick 25-30 here.

What that looks like, who knows

Listened to Vic media today and this is their take.

Bailey Smith off to Geelong for their 1st which could very well end up being in the 20's if they win the GF. Geelong has all of the leverage on this deal because he's out of contract and has picked the Cats. Too bad Doggies.

Liam Baker off to WCE for a split of their #3 pick or the Barrass pick as Richmond need to be fairly compensated with this deal.

Go figure.
Have not seen one person say pick 3 that's it.

They've all talked swaps.

Link to just pick 3 to Baker please? Or is this a strawman?

It depends on our targets. I can see us splitting 3 for two good picks, not for a downgrade and a role player. Someone mentioned 3, 13 (HAW) + F2 for 6 (GCS), 9 (FRE) + Baker on our board. That would make a lot more sense to me than just 3 for 6 + Baker.
I can see why it makes sense on the WC board.

Tiges may entertain a pick swap (they are actively trying to move up), but they won't give up TWO top 10 picks and Baker for 3 and a mid first in this draft.

They just won't.

Essendon#8 (-) + #87 (-)

CarltonCerra (53 games)

GWS#12 (-) + #19 (-)

Look, I don't know what Baker is going to go for. And clearly you would rate Taranto higher. But if Saad is pick 8.....

But heres 3 recent OOC trades. There's a bit to them pick wise. It shows that it is possible, even likely, that we're talking more than the equivalent of pick 25-30 here.

Ed langdon trade after 2x top 5 BnF finishes

The Demons handed over picks No.22, 79 and a future second-round selection for the 23-year-old, while the Dockers gave up Langdon, pick No.26 and a future fourth-round selection.

23 year old Brad Hill traded to Fremantle for pick 23 .

These are more likely trade scenarios.

Saad is a gun and one of the best running HBF in the game at the time of the trade .

Both Toronto and cerra were top 6 draft pick genuine mids .

You can't seriously think Baker is the same quality as these guys ?

He is 27 years old and averages 20 possession and had a total of 10 Brownlow votes in 4 years.
Brownlow votes, dear me.

Harris Andrew must be a real spud then, he's only got 16 votes!!

The Demons handed over picks No.22, 79 and a future second-round selection for the 23-year-old, while the Dockers gave up Langdon, pick No.26 and a future fourth-round selection.

Saad is a gun and one of the best running HBF in the game at the time of the trade .

Baker is better than those other two because he has a ticker, never gives up and he doesn't butcher the ball. He's is a quality player that I'm sorry to see leave us.

No, he's not the same as Taranto. Cerra got value because he was young, but is he really that good? He's a B/B+ mid.
Saad is overrated imo and the Bombers did well.

I have said, repeatedly in here, that Richmond fans will probably be disappointed with what they get for Baker.

I am providing context without making silly claims.

I reckon something around the value of the Hill trade works. He went cheap for a number of reasons. And give me Baker over Hill any day. Baker turns up consistently. Hill on the other hand. His best is great, but when you're in the trenches he's at the back of the line.

Essendon#8 (-) + #87 (-)

CarltonCerra (53 games)

GWS#12 (-) + #19 (-)

Thanks. Was going to mention Langdon.

Then there’s Aish, acres, Jordan Clark, (just from a Freo lense)

What about Jordan, Bedford, ginni?

I still think the best comparison is Aish btw. Their last few years compare very well. Baker has a little more mongrel, Aish a bit taller.

Baker is better than those other two because he has a ticker, never gives up and he doesn't butcher the ball. He's is a quality player that I'm sorry to see leave us.

Current season disposal efficiency
Brad Hill 74.2%
Ed Langdon 72.5%
Liam Baker 65.8%

Don't disagree that he's a quality player, but deal in facts at least

Aish, dear me.

Not a list manager with a job takes Aish before Baker.
Well not now!
But Aish was a third, if you pay a bit more for the wa tax and the campaigner in baker, that’s a second.

Actual output though is near on identical at the same age.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Current season disposal efficiency
Brad Hill 74.2%
Ed Langdon 72.5%
Liam Baker 65.8%

Don't disagree that he's a quality player, but deal in facts at least
I'd take no take notice of those stats you should be honored to have him play for you because he gives you 110 percent every game, he's got a big ticker for a little bloke.

No, he's not the same as Taranto. Cerra got value because he was young, but is he really that good? He's a B/B+ mid.
Saad is overrated imo and the Bombers did well.

I have said, repeatedly in here, that Richmond fans will probably be disappointed with what they get for Baker.

I am providing context without making silly claims.

I reckon something around the value of the Hill trade works. He went cheap for a number of reasons. And give me Baker over Hill any day. Baker turns up consistently. Hill on the other hand. His best is great, but when you're in the trenches he's at the back of the line.

Hill wasn't at the back of the line in the 2023 grand final was he?

A game won by less than a goal.

Essendon#8 (-) + #87 (-)

CarltonCerra (53 games)

GWS#12 (-) + #19 (-)

Cerra was a 21 year old gun mid when traded.

Horrible comparison.

I'd take no take notice of those stats you should be honored to have him play for you because he gives you 110 percent every game, he's got a big ticker for a little bloke.

OK.

We should take no notice of any stat's that disprove you view.

Got it.

David Blaine Joke GIF by First We Feast

Rachel Mcadams Snl GIF by Saturday Night Live

Remove this Banner Ad

Speculation Liam Baker

Remove this Banner Ad

Back