Speculation Liam Baker

Remove this Banner Ad

Time for some house cleaning.

1) Do not drag discussions or individual posts over here from other threads or boards.

Feel free to respond to those posts wherever they were posted, if you so choose.

2) Enough with the personal attacks. It’s a long season and this one may go the distance, so if you want to remain a part of the discussion, do it respectfully.

We will use thread bans and infractions if necessary.

OK.

We should take no notice of any stat's that disprove you view.

Got it.

David Blaine Joke GIF by First We Feast

Rachel Mcadams Snl GIF by Saturday Night Live
Show me highlights of baker butchering the ball often and I'll shut up.

Why is that? Ask any Richmond supporter what they think of him, obviously the price you pay is relevant but the sort of player you'd love on your team I reckon.
To say he isnt a need for our list is the understatement of the century. We just do not need his type and the cost is too high for the spot he will play in our list.

Im much more interested in Peatling, Garcia, Sheldrick and that is where I want our focus to be.

Find a bad a game of his then, you're the disbelievers not me.
That wasn’t the argument though.
It was around disposal quality, which has been shown to be around average.

But sure. How about 12 disposals and 5 clangers against Freo round 17?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

2020 Trade for Out of Contract Adam Saad
CarltonSaad (86 games) + #48 (-) + #78 (-)
Essendon#8 (-) + #87 (-)

2021 Trade for Out of Contract Adam Cerra
CarltonCerra (53 games)
Fremantle#6 (-) + #2022R3 (Carlton) (-)

2022 Trade for Out of Contract Tim Taranto
GWS#12 (-) + #19 (-)
RichmondTaranto (38 games)

Look, I don't know what Baker is going to go for. And clearly you would rate Taranto higher. But if Saad is pick 8.....

But heres 3 recent OOC trades. There's a bit to them pick wise. It shows that it is possible, even likely, that we're talking more than the equivalent of pick 25-30 here.

What that looks like, who knows

Ed langdon trade after 2x top 5 BnF finishes

The Demons handed over picks No.22, 79 and a future second-round selection for the 23-year-old, while the Dockers gave up Langdon, pick No.26 and a future fourth-round selection.

23 year old Brad Hill traded to Fremantle for pick 23 .

These are more likely trade scenarios.

Saad is a gun and one of the best running HBF in the game at the time of the trade .

Both Toronto and cerra were top 6 draft pick genuine mids .

You can't seriously think Baker is the same quality as these guys ?

Baker is better than those other two because he has a ticker, never gives up and he doesn't butcher the ball. He's is a quality player that I'm sorry to see leave us.

Current season disposal efficiency
Brad Hill 74.2%
Ed Langdon 72.5%
Liam Baker 65.8%

Don't disagree that he's a quality player, but deal in facts at least
Here’s the whole pathway.

Find it or compile it and let's have a look.

1. I really don't care.
2. I have better things to do
And 3. I wouldnt have a clue how to make a highlights video using AFL footage and software.

Point is every player makes mistakes and has poor disposal. Show me anyone at 100% effective disposal? They don't exist.

I've seen Baker do good things and also poor things. That happens to every player.

So a highlights package means nothing unless supported by stat's over a decent sample period.

Baker's stat's say he isn't the most effective user of the ball. A 2 minute highlights reel doesn't change the stat's.

I'd take no take notice of those stats you should be honored to have him play for you because he gives you 110 percent every game, he's got a big ticker for a little bloke.
Yep, that's why you'll have to throw in your 1st pick with Bolton to get Emmett from us. As we know, how hard you try is what matters most.

That wasn’t the argument though.
It was around disposal quality, which has been shown to be around average.

But sure. How about 12 disposals and 5 clangers against Freo round 17?
Oh gee apparently you need to have Brownlow votes every game do you? I'm sure some of your some of your good players have had howlers this year too otherwise you'd be in the finals right now.

Oh gee apparently you need to have Brownlow votes every game do you? I'm sure some of your some of your good players have had howlers this year too otherwise you'd be in the finals right now.
You said find a bad game. There’s a bad game.

No one has said baker is a bad player, or that anyone else is perfect.

Simply refuting your eye test and baker tinted glasses with some small dose of reality.

Would love to have him. Not sure where he’d fit, but we’d find a spot I’m sure.

But a near 27 year old role player, who isn’t elite (but very good), is worth a second rounder in a very deep draft isn’t an overly controversial standpoint.

To say he isnt a need for our list is the understatement of the century. We just do not need his type and the cost is too high for the spot he will play in our list.

Im much more interested in Peatling, Garcia, Sheldrick and that is where I want our focus to be.

You don't need an in and under player who can run all day who uses it well and can play forward, mid and back? Fair enough, I think most sides would.

Remove this Banner Ad

Speculation Liam Baker

Remove this Banner Ad

Back