Speculation Liam Baker

Remove this Banner Ad

Time for some house cleaning.

1) Do not drag discussions or individual posts over here from other threads or boards.

Feel free to respond to those posts wherever they were posted, if you so choose.

2) Enough with the personal attacks. It’s a long season and this one may go the distance, so if you want to remain a part of the discussion, do it respectfully.

We will use thread bans and infractions if necessary.

You said find a bad game. There’s a bad game.

No one has said baker is a bad player, or that anyone else is perfect.

Simply refuting your eye test and baker tinted glasses with some small dose of reality.

Would love to have him. Not sure where he’d fit, but we’d find a spot I’m sure.

But a near 27 year old role player, who isn’t elite (but very good), is worth a second rounder in a very deep draft isn’t an overly controversial standpoint.
He plays lots of positions well that's why he's worth picking up, he's what you call a utility player in the old days, just a good old fashion footballer you can put in most postions where ever he's needed.

You don't need an in and under player who can run all day who uses it well and can play forward, mid and back? Fair enough, I think most sides would.
We dont need someone who cant play wing and cant tackle mostly. Rest to me is pointless and not a need for us. I want Peatlings 12 tackles, Garcias defensive running, Sheldricks clearance work as opposed to another half forward/half back that pinch hits in the midfield

He plays lots of positions well that's why he's worth picking up, he's what you call a utility player in the old days, just a good old fashion footballer you can put in most postions where ever he's needed.
Yeah, and utilities don't tend to go for first round picks.

All I said he doesn't butcher the ball originally and I still stand by it, you threw up two random players with better efficiency percentage stats than his this year to try to prove he isn't that good.

I didn't throw up any players

I listed the DE% of the "other two" players you were talking about with the other poster

Baker is better than those other two because he has a ticker, never gives up and he doesn't butcher the ball. He's is a quality player that I'm sorry to see leave us.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'll apologize to you because it wasn't you who said it but I won't apologize that they weren't mentioned by another poster and that's why I retorted it. Both Taranto and Cerra butcher the ball more than baker ever does.

View attachment 2106680

Fwiw 2024 DE%

Cerra 72.2% (fair bit better than Baker)
Taranto 64.4% (almost exactly the same as Baker)

72.7% - James Aish's disposal efficiency the year he was traded to Fremantle.
60.9% kicking efficiency
Age when traded: 23y 11m 8d

65.6% - Liam Baker's disposal efficiency this year.
56% kicking efficiency
Age when traded: 26y 8m 20d

Since we are making these arguments.

72.7% - James Aish's disposal efficiency the year he was traded to Fremantle.
60.9% kicking efficiency
Age when traded: 23y 11m 8d

65.6% - Liam Baker's disposal efficiency this year.
56% kicking efficiency
Age when traded: 26y 8m 20d

Since we are making these arguments.
Hi Taylor nice stats now how many premiership sides has Aish played in again? :$

Remove this Banner Ad

Speculation Liam Baker

Remove this Banner Ad

Back