Speculation Liam Baker

Remove this Banner Ad

Time for some house cleaning.

1) Do not drag discussions or individual posts over here from other threads or boards.

Feel free to respond to those posts wherever they were posted, if you so choose.

2) Enough with the personal attacks. It’s a long season and this one may go the distance, so if you want to remain a part of the discussion, do it respectfully.

We will use thread bans and infractions if necessary.

I like the way Baker wins high-contact free kicks for being small. That should be added to the pros column. One of those blokes that is a nightmare to tackle.

Pros
-Gives 110%
-Big ticker for small guy.
-Free kicks for small guy.

Cons
-Nil

I know this is tongue in cheek posting but the irony is he doesn't get many head high free kicks, likely because most umps don't realise that Tigers have heads, so you could be right when he moves clubs, his head might regrow.

I need a meh react.
This isn't against Baker btw tigers fans.

Just that I always thought that Baker was down the list of our other targets, and if he's starting to firm at Freo, someone more exciting is no longer an option.

Just that I always thought that Baker was down the list of our other targets, and if he's starting to firm at Freo, someone more exciting is no longer an option.
Yeah, it's like, I have grown to like the idea of Baker out of the backline but that means the more fun ideas are cooked. Still think it's WC unless something bizarre happens with the coach.

It's an odd deadline on the coaching appointment though, like, it needs to be finalised within 3 weeks.

Yeah, it's like, I have grown to like the idea of Baker out of the backline but that means the more fun ideas are cooked. Still think it's WC unless something bizarre happens with the coach.

It's an odd deadline on the coaching appointment though, like, it needs to be finalised within 3 weeks.
McQualter, Daly, Stevens & Hinkley yeah?

You ungrateful and selfish ****er. You cant have all the goodies all the time FFS

WCE list manager was not confident at all on us getting Baker
So it looks like Freo now
No Clarke just said we, want to bring in mature players to fill a demographic list gap between the young and very old. He is preparing WCE fans for his plans to waste our scarce draft resources on recycled play for money types. He obviously spends too much time talking to player agents because he is just regurgitating their pitches. We don't have a demographic gap in the list, we have a talent gap, that is more like a black hole. Drafting talent is the only solution as clubs don't release talent. Clarke has so far head hunted Tim English, Jack Graham and Liam Baker and it is only the players choice that has avoided the disaster so far. The luck wont hold while this egotistical fool is controlling the roster.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

For the love of God can we just confirm we're not interested, he doesn't add anything of need to the team.
Agree, leadership and talent are a waste on the footy field.

I just want a cookie from each jar dammit!

Dis you?

Cookie Monster Eating GIF by Sesame Street

We already have that, small forwards are our need. Besides he'd cost more than he's worth.
At the start of the year, first 6 weeks before injury, when played exclusively forward, he was going at over 20 touches and a goal a game in a team that was hopeless.

He could easily be a 20 touch 30+ goal a year small forward if left to play one position and not thrown around to fix problems everywhere. Especially in a team like Freos. You can never have enough players that lead by how hard the try.

Exactly.
If a best 22 player wants to come to your team, you make it work
Absolutely, but he needs to wait for the best 10 players on the cards to be done or decline first.

It's surprising how many posters, across various threads, fail to recognize why the departing Richmond players are so sought after by clubs in need of their abilities. It's not solely their performance; it's also the intellectual property they carry. Such expertise and experience are uncommon, which explains why their acquisition cost is generally considered higher, especially by list managers and recruiters. This is even more pronounced for teams that have had little to no success over an extended period, as they lack leaders with experience in finals and winning premierships within their ranks. The question then arises: how do you impart to the younger players the qualities that distinguish the elite from the average?

Coaches with premiership-winning experience are highly valued because they have proven their ability to lead a team to success. Similarly, assistant coaches who have been part of winning teams are sought after as potential head coaches due to their experience in contributing to success. These assistants and coaches are in demand because they possess knowledge and skills that can help build a winning culture. Players with premiership experience, especially those involved in sustained success, are equally sought after for their ability to impart wisdom and educate teammates on creating a premiership culture. Regardless of what fans think, there is significant value in the intellectual property these players and coaches bring to a team.

Remove this Banner Ad

Speculation Liam Baker

Remove this Banner Ad

Back