Speculation Liam Baker

Remove this Banner Ad

Time for some house cleaning.

1) Do not drag discussions or individual posts over here from other threads or boards.

Feel free to respond to those posts wherever they were posted, if you so choose.

2) Enough with the personal attacks. It’s a long season and this one may go the distance, so if you want to remain a part of the discussion, do it respectfully.

We will use thread bans and infractions if necessary.

It's surprising how many posters, across various threads, fail to recognize why the departing Richmond players are so sought after by clubs in need of their abilities. It's not solely their performance; it's also the intellectual property they carry. Such expertise and experience are uncommon, which explains why their acquisition cost is generally considered higher, especially by list managers and recruiters. This is even more pronounced for teams that have had little to no success over an extended period, as they lack leaders with experience in finals and winning premierships within their ranks. The question then arises: how do you impart to the younger players the qualities that distinguish the elite from the average?

Coaches with premiership-winning experience are highly valued because they have proven their ability to lead a team to success. Similarly, assistant coaches who have been part of winning teams are sought after as potential head coaches due to their experience in contributing to success. These assistants and coaches are in demand because they possess knowledge and skills that can help build a winning culture. Players with premiership experience, especially those involved in sustained success, are equally sought after for their ability to impart wisdom and educate teammates on creating a premiership culture. Regardless of what fans think, there is significant value in the intellectual property these players and coaches bring to a team.
Ok now I don't want him.

Say intellectual property one more time and I'll denounce footy completely.

Daniels reported that Freo's offer was in the $600k realm.

No idea on WC

I meant what Draft pick sorry.
I have seen so many numbers thrown around I'm not sure.
Personally I was thinking WC pick 23 would be fair.

I meant what Draft pick sorry.
I have seen so many numbers thrown around I'm not sure.
Personally I was thinking WC pick 23 would be fair.
Yeah, no idea.

I think the saints R2 pick + something else probably from our end. Fringe or young player.

So does anyone actually know what Freo or West Coast might offer Baker?
Freo? More premiership medals for his collection.
I Hope Please GIF

So does anyone actually know what Freo or West Coast might offer Baker?
Not much apparently. Sounds like we're potentially not interested? Or perhaps interested but not at the price Richmond wants.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not much apparently. Sounds like we're potentially not interested? Or perhaps interested but not at the price Richmond wants.

I just read the Clarke interview and he sounded positive. I think a deal will get done but it sounds like WC want 2x1st rounders for Barass but Hawthorn only have 1 so might be a future 1st as well. Maybe that future 1st might be sent to the Tigers for Baker :think:

I just read the Clarke interview and he sounded positive. I think a deal will get done but it sounds like WC want 2x1st rounders for Barass but Hawthorn only have 1 so might be a future 1st as well. Maybe that future 1st might be sent to the Tigers for Baker :think:
That would be ideal for both of us

I honestly don't get the negativity from some of my Freo brothers.
It’s more about the banter and winding up a few of the Tiges supporters, I reckon

My gut instinct is that they’ll be some package deal for Bolton and Baker and Freo fans will love both of them when they’re in your colours, and if they’re part of the first Freo premiership since joining the AFL no one will be worried about whatever the price paid was

(Having said that my gut instinct has been proved to be wrong before)

They’re a good combo too – one relentless and hard at it – the other one adding those special unpredictable bits of magic that disconcert the opposition

Baker >>> Reece Conca

Remove this Banner Ad

Speculation Liam Baker

Remove this Banner Ad

Back