Speculation Liam Baker

Remove this Banner Ad

Time for some house cleaning.

1) Do not drag discussions or individual posts over here from other threads or boards.

Feel free to respond to those posts wherever they were posted, if you so choose.

2) Enough with the personal attacks. It’s a long season and this one may go the distance, so if you want to remain a part of the discussion, do it respectfully.

We will use thread bans and infractions if necessary.

Baker worth a top 10 first with change coming back.

If Freo I can see it being something like 10 for Baker and 21/29. 17 alone I don't think gets it done as that will be push out to 20+.
He's every bit as good a player as Schultz, I know the pies weren't expecting their future first to be so low, but it was a first and a second.

If Eagles it gets really tricky as they don't have many leavers to pull.

Richmond don't want future picks. So I think Freo is in the box seat for Baker.

If Freo I can see it being something like 10 for Baker and 21/29. 17 alone I don't think gets it done as that will be push out to 20+.
He's every bit as good a player as Schultz, I know the pies weren't expecting their future first to be so low, but it was a first and a second.

Baker is not worth that.

I'm still waiting for him to nominate so I can figure out if I agree with all the terrible takes of first rounders or top 10 picks or vehemently disagree with them.
I don't see Fremantle parting with pick 10 for Baker personally. 9, 17 + 27 for Bolton + Baker is plenty. Throw Erasmus in if you really must. Freo uses pick 10 on Bo Allan.

I don't see Fremantle parting with pick 10 for Baker personally. 9, 17 + 27 for Bolton + Baker is plenty. Throw Erasmus in if you really must. Freo uses pick 10 on Bo Allan.
I don't see anyone giving anything near 10 for Baker.

We've simultaneously got the Vic media telling us Baker is worth a pick around 12 but Dogs just have to accept 20 for Smith because he's OOC. It's painfully dumb.

We've simultaneously got the Vic media telling us Baker is worth a pick around 12 but Dogs just have to accept 20 for Smith because he's OOC. It's painfully dumb.
They can't hide their obvious bias.

Same with us and Barrass. Richmond want more than pick 6 yet us asking for two late firsts for Barrass (likely with something going back) is too much.

Richmond will have draft picks coming out of their clacker this year, we'll be pushing some of those picks into next year, particularly those 2-3 first picks on the second night.

Richmond will have draft picks coming out of their clacker this year, we'll be pushing some of those picks into next year, particularly those 2-3 first picks on the second night.

I think you will find we will package many of those picks up. We could end up with Brisbane's 1st round pick and send a bunch of later picks back so they have enough points for Ashcroft.

I could be wrong but I reckon Richmond might get 9, 10 and 17 for Bolton and Baker

That might be wishful thinking as a Tigers supporter, but that is probably what Richmond will ask for

It’s a high price but I myself reckon it is probably about the right price for two of our best five players
9,10 is over for Bolton and 17 is over for Baker.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Same with us and Barrass. Richmond want more than pick 6 yet us asking for two late firsts for Barrass (likely with something going back) is too much.

They do?

I thought most of the suggestions were about pick 3 with something significant (details vary, but certainly including a decent 1st) coming back leaving a nominal points value in the late teens/early 20s. (more realistic value being somewhere in the teens).

No 17 is about right for Baker.
With bids and stuff, I agree 17 is pretty fair for Baker. It's strangely pedantic but Port going out in straight sets means no deal for that pick for me, even though it's like only 3 picks higher. You guys will have so many picks tha pick swaps would be easy to do anyway to even it all up.

They do?

I thought most of the suggestions were about pick 3 with something significant (details vary, but certainly including a decent 1st) coming back leaving a nominal points value in the late teens/early 20s. (more realistic value being somewhere in the teens).
Sorry, that should read 'Richmond want more than pick 6 for Rioli'.

With bids and stuff, I agree 17 is pretty fair for Baker. It's strangely pedantic but Port going out in straight sets means no deal for that pick for me, even though it's like only 3 picks higher. You guys will have so many picks tha pick swaps would be easy to do anyway to even it all up.
But that’s being used for Bolton.

Can we trade it twice?

But that’s being used for Bolton.

Can we trade it twice?
Trade it with pick 9 to Richmond for Bolton + 47. Get it back for 27 + 47. Trade it back to Richmond again. Simples :p

Ye it's likely going to become in the 20s &, I think when to get into the mid 20s-30s you not going to get anyone close to level Baker is in less you get seriously lucky.

Even though baker was only 2 places earlier in the draft.
Baker was a rookie; he was pretty much overlooked by everyone & he was developed very well are Tigerland can remember his early games looked like he was going to be good but I never he would have become the player he has now.

The awkward position for Richmond is Eagles don't have many options, and freo just don't really want or need him that much.

We won't be wanting to rip tigers off, but what we value him will unfortunately be well lower than what tigers value him. And we will give a take or leave it offer.

We have a tonne of options in the positions he plays, are very tight for cap space, and have the opportunity to target much better players.

Honestly I see the Eagles working something out, if he comes to the dockers it will be for unders.

Baker has good country WA character and has been a great Richmond player. Not going to make it at a second club though as it's always harder. It's just a shame so many Richmond supporters want to throw him straight out at the first sign of a draft pick.

Remove this Banner Ad

Speculation Liam Baker

Remove this Banner Ad

Back