Speculation Liam Baker

Remove this Banner Ad

Time for some house cleaning.

1) Do not drag discussions or individual posts over here from other threads or boards.

Feel free to respond to those posts wherever they were posted, if you so choose.

2) Enough with the personal attacks. It’s a long season and this one may go the distance, so if you want to remain a part of the discussion, do it respectfully.

We will use thread bans and infractions if necessary.

He's not worth it on his own but I see it like this ...
9 + 10 = Bolton + salary + possibly more.

I genuinely think that Bolton + Salary + Baker + ? for 9, 10, 17 would be a great deal for you guys.

Could very well be biased here, but keep in mind we traded in Prestia, Caddy and Nankervis in 2016 and went on to become a powerhouse. Given your form and list profile this year I think that's the perspective that a lot of Tiger supporters are coming from here.
Dockers are not gonna with the 2025 flag off the back of the Shai Bolton and Liam Baker trades.

What would you think would be the benchmark if we didn't trade for them?

Multiple finals series and min of one top 4 finish in the next 3 years as a pass.
Beyond that I’m not sure. Depends on if the kids come on and who else comes into the team.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Dockers are not gonna with the 2025 flag off the back of the Shai Bolton and Liam Baker trades.

Why not? Having them this year could easily have turned the tide in 2-3 tight games and boom, you’re not just in finals you’re top 4. In a very even year without a dominant form side. Likely playing an interstate side if you make the GF.

I didn’t believe it either in 17. Prestia, Nank and Caddy weren’t the reason we won, but they were a part of it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Not by itself, no.
Johnson, Erasmus and NOD need to be taking more key minutes from Fyfe and Omeara. Amiss and Jackson need to continue to gel up forward. Tracey needs to continue his promising progression. Darcy needs to get back on the field and dominate that first clearance. And you need some luck with injuries. And a gameplan that is relevant and adhered to on game days.

But Bolton will add silk forward of the centre and Baker grit in the clinches.

If all goes to plan, with such an even comp, there’s every chance for Freo to nab one in the short term.
But I’m sure they are one of 11 other clubs thinking the same thing at the moment.

I'm just taking the piss now don't take my posts seriously. I've got no idea like everyone else 🤣
This thread is gonna be dragged out longer than expected.

If it is anything like the Brad Hill trade to the saints.... Well it's gonna be funny how high the expectations will be and fall short

Freos last game of the season showed exactly what they needed (and currently lack).

Players that arent afraid to dig in and win crucial contests at big moments in games.

Bolton and Baker are perfect targets for what they are missing regardless of what their fans think. Baker brings grit to a team that doesn’t have it. Bolton brings class and finishes off their forward line.

Personally I’d rather see these two eek out their careers at West Coast than bring Freo success.

I have no idea what Jack Martin brings though. Another member of their rehab group?
Now that is nasty.

So you want the dockers to have as much finals success as yor mob between 1983 to 2012?

Now that is nasty.

So you want the dockers to have as much finals success as yor mob between 1983 to 2012?
I just don’t like the thought of us making other clubs stronger to potentially succeed.

Rather them play out their career at west coast during their nothing period over the next few seasons.

Freo are doing the right thing trying to get them.
We have seen this year that even average clubs like Port and Brisbane can make a prelim. Freo aren’t far off them at the moment as they are.

Mr Darcy New
I just don’t like the thought of us making other clubs stronger to potentially succeed.

Rather them play out their career at west coast during their nothing period over the next few seasons.

We have seen this year that even average clubs like Port and Brisbane can make a prelim. Freo aren’t far off them at the moment as they are.
If you look at the results Fremantle isn't way off any off the top 8 and top 4 teams.

Round 1 beat Lions by 23 without Darcy
Round 3 loss to Blues by 10 without Darcy
Round 4 loss to Port by 1 without Darcy
Round 7 beat Dogs by 24 with Darcy
Round 8 loss to Swans by 48 without Darcy
Round 9 loss to Dogs by 67 without Darcy
Round 16 beat Swans by 1 with Darcy
Round 18 loss to Hawks by 13 without Darcy
Round 22 loss to Cats by 11 without Darcy
Round 23 loss to Giants by 9 without Darcy
Round 24 loss to Port by 20 without Darcy

If Fremantle had a good reserve ruck or had Darcy played a few more games, Dockers would have been top 4. But they say if my mother had wheels, she would have been a car. Before people say Darcy never gets on the park, 2023 he played 15 games and 2022 and 2021 he played 21 games in each season.

Fremantle has the 4th youngest list with veterans who don't carry the team or at times are a viability ie Fyfe, Walters and O'Meara. 16 players out of our best 23 are 26-year-old and under.

With picks 9,10, 15-18 and 26 it's a very strong hand to either top up with Bolton and co or go to the draft and find at least 1 best 23 player.
Nothing is a given and a lot of positives to think that Dockers will be in the top 4 for a while.

Last edited:
But they say if my mother had wheels, she would have been a car.
Word is she had two wheels.
Joke GIF by Travis

I have a Navara, you wouldn't want one

You're in the wrong forum for that.

If he got your Navarra it would change his life and supermodels would flock to it. Clearly it's worth more than his house and it's laughable that he'd even consider offering less.

and of course he'll counter with an offer for a handful of beans (but only the scungy ones, of course)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah but what happens in the Liam Baker trade, it will be a precedent.

Because imagine if a WA club has a 170 cm bloke that wants to head back to Victoria and wants to play for Richmond?
If we are in Freos position I would be stoked, not so much WC. Height is such a BF wank fest, strange to be so obsessed with it.

Would it make you feel better if Baker wrote the FFC a steamy love letter?
What Im saying is more that if he was passionate about coming to Freo I'd be more imclined to make an offer to get him. I want Baker at Freo for what its worth but I dont want to trade a ton for a player who wants to be at another club.

What Im saying is more that if he was passionate about coming to Freo I'd be more imclined to make an offer to get him. I want Baker at Freo for what its worth but I dont want to trade a ton for a player who wants to be at another club.

So if he was publicly insisting on going to Freo, which most would consider to be driving down his price due to lack of options, you'd pay more for him?

Sounds like he wants to return to WA and he will happily play (passionately) for the club that can get the deal done.

I view it a different way. West Coast will be challenging again at the same time as Richmond.

Freo are about 4-5 years ahead of us. I'd rather enable Freo to be strong now, when we're not contending, than have him go to West Coast and give them the leadership they need to take the next step.

Meh.... I get used to it...

Many AFL players have started their playing careers at the dockers then leave to other clubs to success. Too many to name.

Eagles should just offer pick 23 and leave it at that, take it or not
It's a fair enough offer given our draft hand and position in the rebuild. Richmond will be getting well overs for all the other players leaving by the sounds of things so if they want to dig their heels in then let them and we can walk away from the deal and if Baker wants to come home badly enough he can walk through the PSD.

Remove this Banner Ad

Speculation Liam Baker

Remove this Banner Ad

Back