Speculation Liam Baker

Remove this Banner Ad

Time for some house cleaning.

1) Do not drag discussions or individual posts over here from other threads or boards.

Feel free to respond to those posts wherever they were posted, if you so choose.

2) Enough with the personal attacks. It’s a long season and this one may go the distance, so if you want to remain a part of the discussion, do it respectfully.

We will use thread bans and infractions if necessary.

It's a fair enough offer given our draft hand and position in the rebuild. Richmond will be getting well overs for all the other players leaving by the sounds of things so if they want to dig their heels in then let them and we can walk away from the deal and if Baker wants to come home badly enough he can walk through the PSD.

We have the first pick though, it's be interesting to see who would pick Baker if he was in the National Draft and where he might go. Surely a reasonable deal gets done however I would think he wouldn't be far from free agency if he just stuck with us on a one year deal.

We have the first pick though, it's be interesting to see who would pick Baker if he was in the National Draft and where he might go. Surely a reasonable deal gets done however I would think he wouldn't be far from free agency if he just stuck with us on a one year deal.
You do but it's hard to see a club redrafting a loyal servant who has nominated to move to a different state, the AFLPA might have something to say about that. I don't think it will come to that but only because I don't have faith in my club to do what's in their best interests in this situation given they've shown to be pushovers at the trade table over the years. Hopefully the new list manager who ironically came from Richmond agrees with me.

If it came to splitting pick 3 or giving up the barrass pick to get him over I'd much rather just let him stay and pick him up as a free agent next year. I like him as a player but there's absolutely no need for us to give up or dilute that sort of currency at this stage of our rebuild for someone who may not even be playing when we next challenge.

You do but it's hard to see a club redrafting a loyal servant who has nominated to move to a different state, the AFLPA might have something to say about that. I don't think it will come to that but only because I don't have faith in my club to do what's in their best interests in this situation given they've shown to be pushovers at the trade table over the years. Hopefully the new list manager who ironically came from Richmond agrees with me.

If it came to splitting pick 3 or giving up the barrass pick to get him over I'd much rather just let him stay and pick him up as a free agent next year. I like him as a player but there's absolutely no need for us to give up or dilute that sort of currency at this stage of our rebuild for someone who may not even be playing when we next challenge.
I cant see you splitting pick 3. But a Hawks pick for Barrass opens up all sorts of possibilities depending on who you are targeting and where you think they'll go. Two possibilities are splitting that pick for a later first and second, or trading to us with a late second coming back. Or even a combo of the above.

I cant see you splitting pick 3. But a Hawks pick for Barrass opens up all sorts of possibilities depending on who you are targeting and where you think they'll go. Two possibilities are splitting that pick for a later first and second, or trading to us with a late second coming back. Or even a combo of the above.
13 for Baker and a pick in the late teens perhaps. Id rather keep pick 13

Spitballing here. 13 for Baker would proabably see us give up an F3 for 29 in return, leaving us with 3, 23, 29 + Baker. It's a reasonable way to carve out an extra second rounder for us but I'm not sure we do it. I do expect us to look to keep two picks inside the first 10-15.

Spitballing here. 13 for Baker would proabably see us give up an F3 for 29 in return, leaving us with 3, 23, 29 + Baker. It's a reasonable way to carve out an extra second rounder for us but I'm not sure we do it. I do expect us to look to keep two picks inside the first 10-15.
Baker 10 and 17 for 3 and 23.

Leaves you with Baker 10 13 17

Baker 10 and 17 for 3 and 23.

Leaves you with Baker 10 13 17
That's better than many of the ideas I've seen in this thread. I don't know that we drop that far back for our first pick but I see a world where we discuss it at least. I do wonder if we would be more interested in two picks in the 20's than 17.

Leaves west coast with 3 for 10 + 17 roughly. Pretty yuk, remember we are rebuilding too, its not only you guys that need picks. We need elite mids more than anything and we wont get that with pick 10
You are massively underrating Baker. That comment is ridiculously delusional.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You think Baker is worth a 6 pick upgrade. That is ridiculously delusional.
Depends where the picks are.
3 for Baker and 9/10 I consider unders. 13 for Baker and 19/20 I consider fair

I have him at roughly pick 19/20 value btw, but I wouldnt pay that for him considering where the Eagles list is at. Theres better value out there

How does the possibility of Hayden Skipworth and not Andrew McQualter becoming WCE coach impact these trades (Baker and Bolton). If there is now no “personal relationship” at WCE for these guys if he gets the job does that change much?

Pick 13 gets it done. Probably one of the first trades done
It probably would have halfway through the year. The issue you have is that West Coast really aren't in a position to barter for him. With where their list is at, and Tassie coming in, they desperately need to hit the draft hard.
I'm not saying he won't go to West Coast, I'm just saying that if he does go there, do not expect them to bend over backwards for him in draft capital.
The Dockers probably have more of a need, but rumour is he doesn't want to go there. All of this, plus the fact he is uncontracted, makes me think he will go for unders (second rounder somewhere).
Don't get me wrong I think he is worth more than that, but that's the way the cookie crumbles some times.

Where does Baker play? Midfield or half forward?

I'm a bit confused because if it's midfield he doesn't get enough of the ball to be elite, if it's half forward he's not kicking enough goals to be elite.

Is it pressure forward?

Is Baker a better player than ANB? Genuine question.
A little bit due to flexibility? Gets even more interesting when you add Kennedy to those names. I'd have him better than both and seems like he'll be cheaper than both...

Now that I think about it, I wonder if ANB and Kennedy trades hurt Richmond. I mean, if Freo or WC list managers are worth their salt, you are pointing to whatever those trades for contracted players are (nothing near top 20) and saying he's not a top 20 pick in this market.

Now that I think about it, I wonder if ANB and Kennedy trades hurt Richmond. I mean, if Freo or WC list managers are worth their salt, you are pointing to whatever those trades for contracted players are (nothing near top 20) and saying he's not a top 20 pick in this market.
ANB maybe. Kennedy is in and out of the side/sub and been told to look for another club.

Remove this Banner Ad

Speculation Liam Baker

Remove this Banner Ad

Back