Speculation Liam Baker

Remove this Banner Ad

Time for some house cleaning.

1) Do not drag discussions or individual posts over here from other threads or boards.

Feel free to respond to those posts wherever they were posted, if you so choose.

2) Enough with the personal attacks. It’s a long season and this one may go the distance, so if you want to remain a part of the discussion, do it respectfully.

We will use thread bans and infractions if necessary.

Not saying he isn't a good player.

Where does he play?

Midfield - Already have Serong, Brayshaw and Young. For argument's sake, he would be our 4th best inside midfielder. Baker he doesn't have a point of differences to them. 90th Centre Square Clearances

Goal Kicking - He was never averaged more 0.8 goals in a season. 146th ranked in goals.

Possessions - 5 players in Fremantle had more possessions. 149th ranked

Goal assist - 158th

Bounces per game - 0.4 with 301m gained

Want would pay for somebody who is part of the secondary midfield, Fremantle's 6th highest goal kicking forward, and doesn't rank in the top 50 of anything?
If you had watched enough of our games, you would already know he became a Mr fix it, which I hate.

As a pure forward, first 3rd of the year (ish) he averaged a goal a game and 20 touches - That's elite for HHF, was then thrown around

he can pinch hit in the middle when you need a different look, but is not a pure mid.

His best position is HB IMO, he is oneof the best disruptors in the game when played here, his ability to impact contests fanatically, either by getting a hand in when he shouldnt, back into packs or apply a smother is second to none. Add in is one touch and straight line running and fearless attack on the man and ball and you have a very good player that sets a standard that very few players do.

No doubt this post gets a few laughs, but that is usually a sign of their lack of knowledge and as someone that has seen his every game, I know for a fact I know more about him than the oppo fans sooking about his trade value.

If you had watched enough of our games, you would already know he became a Mr fix it, which I hate.

As a pure forward, first 3rd of the year (ish) he averaged a goal a game and 20 touches - That's elite for HHF

he can pinch hit in the middle when you need a different look, but is not a pure mid.

His best position is HB IMO, he is oneof the best disruptors in the game when played here, his ability to impact contests fanatically, either by getting a hand in when he shouldnt, back into packs or apply a smother is second to none. Add in is one touch straight line running and fearless attack on the man and ball and you have a very good player that sets a standard that very few players do.

No doubt this post gets a few laughs, but that is usually a sign of their lack of knowledge and someone that has seen his every game, I know for a fact I know more about him than the oppo fans sooking about his trade value.
Line breaker? No
Goal Kicker? Average
Spread from the contest? Average
Creative? Average

The other qualities he has, we already have. We need outside players.

Bolton is yes to all of the above and Fremantle needs him and not Baker.

Line breaker? No
Goal Kicker? Average
Spread from the contest? Average
Creative? Average

The other qualities he has, we already have. We need outside players.

Bolton is yes to all of the above and Fremantle needs him and not Baker.
You literally got all of those wrong. I will give you one more try, best I can do.

The sooner Richmond agree to Freo's offer of 9 and 10 for Bolton and Baker combined, the happier Richmond, Fremantle and West Coast supporters will be. Note that this is a package deal, 9 is unders for Bolton and 10 is overs for Baker.

Freo still get to either take a great player at the Port pick or sell it to a club prepared to pay the premium for trading into this year. A load of offers likely to be received and Freo sell 2024 pick in the 15 to 18 range for a pick that could well be single figure in 2025. Load up for the Warner bid with 2 x R1 in 2025
So a contracted Bolton is only worth 2 x mid firsts when combined with Baker. But an OOC Warner is worth 2 x firsts on his own?

That's not even getting into the Tigers including salary to allow Freo space for Warner.

Yeah, sure.

Does he play on the outside?
He can do both. This is the problem, so many Western fans make these bold statements but dont actually know anything about him. I guarantee where ever he lands, the fans will love him, like we all do.

Let west coast have him, he can be one of their most vital players straight away. If fremantle take him he'll be nothing more then a good role player. Not sure on the difference in money but if I'm Baker I'm choosing West coast.

Let west coast have him, he can be one of their most vital players straight away. If fremantle take him he'll be nothing more then a good role player. Not sure on the difference in money but if I'm Baker I'm choosing West coast.
He'll be a role player at either club, though arguably in a more secure role with West Coast. He won't be playing in a flag for us though.

(insert joke about how he won't be playing in one for Freo either :p )

(Log in to remove this ad.)

bolton, baker and 6 for those picks maybe, even then its kinda bleh
Hell no. Bolton is a good player but not a 'let's give up pick 2 or 3' type of player.

He'll be a role player at either club, though arguably in a more secure role with West Coast. He won't be playing in a flag for us though.

(insert joke about how he won't be playing in one for Freo either :p )
Could argue Baker is comfortably in your top 10 players, he may still be a role player but will straight away be one of your most consistent performers and bring much needed leadership. (in my opinion). Will have a much bigger more secure role at West Coast like you said. But i have a feeling we will end up with him though 😑

Could argue Baker is comfortably in your top 10 players, he may still be a role player but will straight away be one of your most consistent performers and bring much needed leadership. (in my opinion). Will have a much bigger more secure role at West Coast like you said. But i have a feeling we will end up with him though 😑
Pretty sure he will be pretty secure at either club

As a pure forward, first 3rd of the year (ish) he averaged a goal a game and 20 touches - That's elite for HHF, was then thrown around

His best position is HB IMO, he is oneof the best disruptors in the game when played here, his ability to impact contests fanatically, either by getting a hand in when he shouldnt, back into packs or apply a smother is second to none. Add in is one touch and straight line running and fearless attack on the man and ball and you have a very good player that sets a standard that very few players do.

No doubt this post gets a few laughs, but that is usually a sign of their lack of knowledge and as someone that has seen his every game, I know for a fact I know more about him than the oppo fans sooking about his trade value.
Noone is questioning Baker's ability or sooking about his value. The reality is though that West Coast aren't in a position to be giving away first round picks and Freo are likely giving you two already for Bolton and using the other one for Bo Allan.

If Richmond can get a first for him, happy days. I just don't see it happening.

What is pick 13 (will be 16) in this years draft worth in a normal draft year? Maybe like pick 8 (around pick 10 live)?

The sticker price paid in trades this year will be lower than normal, because the value of draft picks is higher.

Is this regarded as a super draft, or just an even draft? Genuine question as I don’t follow the reports, but that makes a big difference in your calculations.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is this regarded as a super draft, or just an even draft? Genuine question as I don’t follow the reports, but that makes a big difference in your calculations.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
What is pick 13 (will be 16) in this years draft worth in a normal draft year? Maybe like pick 8 (around pick 10 live)?

The sticker price paid in trades this year will be lower than normal, because the value of draft picks is higher.
Its a deep draft. Supposedly the very top end is weaker, later talent is much better.
Pick 30 this year being similar to pick 20 last year type of deal I believe.

I see people mention talent brackets similar to 1-6, and then 7-14ish or something(dont quote me on those picks).
13 is at the bottom end of the second bracket though

Remove this Banner Ad

Speculation Liam Baker

Remove this Banner Ad

Back