Speculation Liam Baker

Remove this Banner Ad

Time for some house cleaning.

1) Do not drag discussions or individual posts over here from other threads or boards.

Feel free to respond to those posts wherever they were posted, if you so choose.

2) Enough with the personal attacks. It’s a long season and this one may go the distance, so if you want to remain a part of the discussion, do it respectfully.

We will use thread bans and infractions if necessary.

You post enough on this board to be baited by the wowsers.

The CEO is stating the facts and setting the expectations to the group and the fans, from an improvement perspective but also so there is little disappointment when picks are given up to strengthen the side. Which is EXACTLY where the focus of fans need to be - how good their side will be next year. This worry from some about draft picks at this stage is hilarious.
It's not just wowser's, you're "accepting mediocrity" triggered me as well.

I find the idea the CEO's grandstanding means anything about what Richmond will get in a trade pretty funny, that's all. I think my original response was pretty mild for what's a pretty silly idea.

I dont see why we should ever not be concerned about trade price, can have massive implications over a long time and is one area of a club you can have reasonably informed opinions on as nuffies. Geelong haggle as well as anyone and they are always in a "win now" mode. Finally, I agree those that would rather only basically only draft are silly suffering from Freo Traumatic Trade Disorder. Ready to go players are better than kids with where we are at. That shouldnt be debateable

I dont see why we should ever not be concerned about trade price, can have massive implications over a long time and is one area of a club you can have reasonably informed opinions on as nuffies.
Sure but it’s a shame that the focus seems to be on what the club will give up, and the reluctance of fans for them to do so. As compared to the excitement that the club, messaged by your CEO, is actively looking to improve your squad to take the next step. That doesn’t seem to get discussed by Freo fans in this thread.

The overwhelming majority of posts is worrying about not overpaying. Now that’s the epitome of having a ‘stuck in mediocrity’ mindset snuff.

Sure but it’s a shame that the focus seems to be on what the club will give up, and the reluctance of fans for them to do so. As compared to the excitement that the club, messaged by your CEO, is actively looking to improve your squad to take the next step. That doesn’t seem to get discussed by Freo fans in this thread.

The overwhelming majority of posts is worrying about not overpaying. Now that’s the epitome of having a ‘stuck in mediocrity’ mindset snuff.
You have to forgive them, we can trade players out pretty well but few clubs have as poor a record in trading players in. They have reason to be sceptical.

Yep I watched your side muff their chance.
Was an entertaining last couple of games on that day for the neutral.

You lost the game with fumbles over the ball at crucial times, particularly in the last half.

Ability to dig in and be clean under pressure was what cost you. The other side was much better in this regard.

But yeah, go ahead and blame it on a second game ruckman.
So it was pretty even and they outclassed us in the end

Geez wonder if we were missing some class against a top 2 side

Guess we will never know

So it was pretty even and they outclassed us in the end

Geez wonder if we were missing some class against a top 2 side

Guess we will never know
For whatever reason, you lost your last 4 and lost a lot of close games when you were leading as well.

If you keep using injuries as an excuse on why you missed the finals, you're delusional.

Geez some real undervaluing of bakes in this thread. One of the cleanest one touch players around. I always knew West Australians were very insular however lack of knowledge of what goes on outside of their isolated state is quite staggering.
Nowhere near as staggering as the utter garbage you post.
Go troll somewhere else.

News flash. Every club gets injuries. It's a fact of footy.
Melbourne 2021.
hi-mr-bean.gif

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Speculation Liam Baker

Remove this Banner Ad

Back