Scandal Liam Jurrah back in jail (again)

Remove this Banner Ad

Sounds like the best place for him…
Agreed. As much as I wanted him to be the magic man to lead us unto 5000 flags in a row, you really can't go chopping people up. Very bad form, and not going to get you a brownlow.

Just another what coulda been, who will probably die young coz impulse control is what other people have.

When's the investigation into how Melbourne handled his career?
Handled? Are you one of those white middle class chardonnay sipping wanna be leftie that thinks papa knows best when it comes to our tribal citizens? Handled?

Pray tell Mr Holier than thou, and whiter than white, how do you handle those a little more suntanned than the rest of us?

I'm genuinely curious here. Clarko school of coathangers or is it something more subtle?

I guess we could have handcuffed him and kept him in a closet except for match days. Or just whipped him if he expressed and opinion the club didn't like.

Maybe somewhere in between. Like Tarryn Thomas only being allowed to dine in the whites only room on Mondays?

Pray tell.

Handled? Are you one of those white middle class chardonnay sipping wanna be leftie that thinks papa knows best when it comes to our tribal citizens? Handled?

Pray tell Mr Holier than thou, and whiter than white, how do you handle those a little more suntanned than the rest of us?

I'm genuinely curious here. Clarko school of coathangers or is it something more subtle?

I guess we could have handcuffed him and kept him in a closet except for match days. Or just whipped him if he expressed and opinion the club didn't like.

Maybe somewhere in between. Like Tarryn Thomas only being allowed to dine in the whites only room on Mondays?

Pray tell.

Rightio. Way to miss the point.

Crazy how much ignorance and hatred there is in this thread.

I'm not going to defend Jurrah, but try and at least understand his upbringing before we start making character judgments.

A lot of had tragic upbringings mate but still don’t resort too attacking people with machetes

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Crazy how much ignorance and hatred there is in this thread.

I'm not going to defend Jurrah, but try and at least understand his upbringing before we start making character judgments.
I was physically and emotionally abused everyday, had my childhood taken away from me. I didnt and have never turned to crime/being a piece of shit.

Agreed. As much as I wanted him to be the magic man to lead us unto 5000 flags in a row, you really can't go chopping people up. Very bad form, and not going to get you a brownlow.

Just another what coulda been, who will probably die young coz impulse control is what other people have.

Strong user name to post correlation.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lots of judgement here from those who have no idea about his circumstances.

Easy to read a new article and past judgment on someone.

What’s your take if you don’t mind me asking?

What’s your take if you don’t mind me asking?

He never touched a drop of alcohol before he was at the MFC

The playing group back then encouraged him to drink and it turned him into an alcoholic whilst playing AFL in a short time

The issues he has in Alice Springs stem from Tribal Warfare his community has had for centuries

Imagine putting Russi and Ukraine together and expecting them to live in peace and get along. That's what the Government had created in Yuendemu his home.

He never touched a drop of alcohol before he was at the MFC

The playing group back then encouraged him to drink and it turned him into an alcoholic whilst playing AFL in a short time

The issues he has in Alice Springs stem from Tribal Warfare his community has had for centuries

Imagine putting Russi and Ukraine together and expecting them to live in peace and get along. That's what the Government had created in Yuendemu his home.

Sounds like a pretty believable sequence of events, I wonder if any of the indigenous guys at Melbourne who were playing at the same time would ever go public with that (I think his career crossed over with Aaron Davey, Neville Jetta and maybe Wonaeamirri)

Sounds like a pretty believable sequence of events, I wonder if any of the indigenous guys at Melbourne who were playing at the same time would ever go public with that (I think his career crossed over with Aaron Davey, Neville Jetta and maybe Wonaeamirri)

Public probably not but i have spoken to Flash and he confirmed

I use a machete often. To cut down banana trees.
Jurrah has severe alcohol addiction and who knows what else. Sad

Even most alcoholics don’t resort to what he’s done. This is turning him into a victim - he is not a victim. I have had more problems with alcohol than most (I’ll leave the details out). Stop blaming other people and organisations for the disproportionate amount of alcohol, child, and domestic abuse in aboriginal communities.

Problem is that they are conditioned to believe the white world is against them by older relatives etc so when they suffer their first set back in life, many fall into the blame game and are lost the system. If you ever get a chance have a chat to AFL development officers in these regions, its very sad. Forget the loss of talent to AFL, its the loss of hope.

Jurrah’s action are deplorable and my heart goes out to the victim but I need to comment on something. A lot of the of white world is against Aboriginals. Some Aboriginal communities suffer badly from that.

Pray tell.

And please enlighten me on what you know about Aboriginal people and players, the difficulties they face and what is not being done to support them in clubs. You seem to be an expert in such matters. I am genuinely intrigued

Last edited:
Not judging right from wrong but Aboriginal Tribal issues are next level to what New Australians face.
It’s not new to them either. They are protecting a past which is way longer than our own.

It’s actually sad that White Australians don’t understand it.

Again. I’m not saying it’s right but it’s what’s happened for hundreds of years

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Remove this Banner Ad

Scandal Liam Jurrah back in jail (again)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back