LIES & DENIAL - Industry wide - no sympathy

Remove this Banner Ad

When you have a commission at the top of the sport that has become a boys club that treats it's market (the public) as stooges, then everything else follows suit
It is as it is.

Most times the public are to busy to care , the AFL know this and today's news becomes tomorrow's fish n chip wrapping as it's swept under the carpet .
This case was very different , the public did care , a LOT !! , and they wanted to know .
It was never going under the carpet and now efc and the AFL are going to pay full price for their sins ...

For the head of the AFL to come out and say he 'doesn't blame the players' just defies belief, and I won't even touch on the idiocy that clown from the AFLPA is spewing.

Also, why isn't more made of the fact that Vlad tipped off Essendon about the investigation!? You had a sporting organisation actively trying to help one of its clubs cover up its illegal doping program - that's a major ******* story. I feel like it should have been one of the biggest headlines in this whole saga, but it had its 5 minutes of very minor fame and is now barely even referenced.

Its actually the biggest story for me. As I said above players/clubs will look for an advantage sometime it will cross the line. Its up to them to stop it.
The amount of people that blindly defend the AFL with AD's line of "they didn't inject anyone" and dont think it odd that he was run out of his job very early or bother to see it for what it was. Perhaps their was a cult of Vlad?

For the head of the AFL to come out and say he 'doesn't blame the players' just defies belief, and I won't even touch on the idiocy that clown from the AFLPA is spewing.

Also, why isn't more made of the fact that Vlad tipped off Essendon about the investigation!? You had a sporting organisation actively trying to help one of its clubs cover up its illegal doping program - that's a major ******* story. I feel like it should have been one of the biggest headlines in this whole saga, but it had its 5 minutes of very minor fame and is now barely even referenced.

It is almost certain in my mind that the AFL knew exactly what had happened, and that Essendon had violated the WADA code 6 months or more before Vlad tipped of Essendon on the blackest day in Australian sport. The issue is not the tip off, the issue is what happened before.
  1. Who directed Essendon to shut down the program?
  2. How much did they know?
  3. How much did they assist in the cover up?

I see plenty of double standard around. Plenty are turning on the players but I dont see players from other clubs being targeted funny enough
Because they wanted out,because they knew they'd ****ed up and were ****ed over by the club you support.
The ones lucky enough to get the hell out of tulla deserve our congrats and empathy.

Its actually the biggest story for me. As I said above players/clubs will look for an advantage sometime it will cross the line. Its up to them to stop it.
The amount of people that blindly defend the AFL with AD's line of "they didn't inject anyone" and dont think it odd that he was run out of his job very early or bother to see it for what it was. Perhaps their was a cult of Vlad?

we now have a confirmed case of systematic doping in the afl.

have a look at other sports, they don't go from zero to systemic in one leap, it gradually evolves.

no body wants to talk about that

have a look at other sports, they don't go from zero to systemic in one leap, it gradually evolves.

That is an interesting point
Hird was certainly convinced other clubs were ahead of essendon
It would be interesting to know why he thought that

so you're basing you opinion on mind reading? Pfffft
So paddy was happy was he?
Monfries?
Crameri and mum?.
Do you think they're happy now?.
I'm currently tapping into your mind and figure I'll just play some mind tennis by myself.
Hope your break was better than yesterday Ol bean.

So paddy was happy was he?
Monfries?
Crameri and mum?.
Do you think they're happy now?.
I'm currently tapping into your mind and figure I'll just play some mind tennis by myself.
Hope your break was better than yesterday Ol bean.
Your claim they knew they'd stuffed up or they believed the club stuffed them. Sorry, unless you've spoken to them all that's pure BS.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah it's only when someone gets overtly brazen...Carlton(salary), Melb(tanking), Essendon(Inhouse teamwide doping, and nudge nudge advertising and bragging about it while doing it ffs).....that someone gets made an example of.

Jails are full of brazen idiots, while the lower profilers clean up.

Yeah it's only when someone gets overtly brazen...Carlton(salary), Melb(tanking), Essendon(Inhouse teamwide doping, and nudge nudge advertising and bragging about it while doing it ffs).....that someone gets made an example of.

Jails are full of brazen idiots, while the lower profilers clean up.

spot on, you undermine trust with spectators, you ruin it for everyone else

Even after such a harsh and empathic CAS decision and McDevitt’s damning press conference, we are still being told how these Essendon players are actually victims.

Is it possible for one of our legion of AFL “journalists, reporters, commentators” to state clearly without equivocation that the Essendon players repeatedly lied to testers, repeatedly denied they were on any supplement program and taking injections.

Read the CAS decision and the players conspiracy of silence is damning. But the AFL, its media and everyone involved in this is “shocked” declaring it a “miscarriage” that it’s “harsh” and before you could blink the story is about players suing Essendon, the AFL and who knows who. The AFL is considering whether the WADA code is appropriate for Team Sports.

In short, everyone is in denial.

The truth is we the AFL supporters have been lied and betrayed by an industry which has abandoned every principle for the one - covering its back side.

Had the players not lied to the testers, this whole saga is highly likely to have been stopped in its embryonic state; had the AFL and our beloved media made it public that the players had repeatedly lied to the testers – Essendon would have been left with no option but to do a Cronulla type deal with ASADA back in 2013

Instead the entire AFL cabal went into denial. The end result is that something that could have been fixed in 2013 has only escalated and escalated.

Can someone anyone – just admit it – the players lied, they are guilty – they are now punished – they don’t deserve any sympathy and never have.

Our admiration and sympathy should be for McDevitt and ASADA staff who in the face of co-ordinated attacks, lies and omissions bravely did their jobs.

There are a few exceptions in the media - Glenn Mitchell is one:

http://www.theroar.com.au/2016/01/12/club-let-ultimately-essendon-34-blame/

The only players I feel sorry for are the ones from the other teams who were unfairly pitted against a drugged-up, Frankenstein monster of a team 4 years ago. Essendon players should go from club to club apologising for their unfair advantage and cheating the system (after their bans of course).

I remember looking at the fixture before the 2013 season and noticing West Coast played Essendon twice. Initially i was quite pleased as i thought Essendon would recieve speedy sanctions and it would be an easier than usual task to get the 8 points on offer. We ended up losing a close game at Subiaco in the middle of the season, it was a tight all the way through until the last 10 minutes when Essendon just had more gas than the eagles players. Late in the year we smashed them at etihad by about 10 goals for (at the time) a rare away win.

Your claim they knew they'd stuffed up or they believed the club stuffed them. Sorry, unless you've spoken to them all that's pure BS.

So what is it? Pure as white snow, 34 angels were tricked into cheating by the club culture or they knew what they were doing and thus have no reason to blame the club?

I remember looking at the fixture before the 2013 season and noticing West Coast played Essendon twice. Initially i was quite pleased as i thought Essendon would recieve speedy sanctions and it would be an easier than usual task to get the 8 points on offer. We ended up losing a close game at Subiaco in the middle of the season, it was a tight all the way through until the last 10 minutes when Essendon just had more gas than the eagles players. Late in the year we smashed them at etihad by about 10 goals for (at the time) a rare away win.

I am now embarrassed by those views
And angry because info was kept from all of us
Credit to you and others who could see thru the b/s
No way should you be embarrassed. You kept an open mind and thought the best of people and the media took you for a ride.

I thought I'd leave all this alone. All it took was to listen to biased pro player radio broadcasts (hence my dumb thread with limited eloquence) and Tanner's presser to royally piss me off.

Man - just want footy now

Remove this Banner Ad

LIES & DENIAL - Industry wide - no sympathy

Remove this Banner Ad

Back