Ling - credit where credit's due

Remove this Banner Ad

"say what i wanna say"? obviously i cant, even when the facts are presented you still just push them to the side.

i have not said anything about last year, again, your going off on your own tangent.

i have merely stated that:

1. i would like to see him run off a flank or wing to pick his man up for centre bounces
2. less of the the holding and wrestling (as i dont like to watch that)
3. and to go forward more often.

unflattering comments, hardly.

I think we all agree that we don't want him in the centre bounces.
As for the holding and the wrestling, it's been a part of the game for a hundred years, I don't why it should stop now.
10 goals in 7 games suggests he already is going forward. If he went anymore it would become a bit predictable...

My point was it doesn't matter what you've been saying or where you think he should play. You're posts haven't been supportive of a guy who's doing a very important job for our team and doing it well. I don't see you giving him any credit in here and isn't that what this thread is about?

"say what i wanna say"? obviously i cant, even when the facts are presented you still just push them to the side.

i have not said anything about last year, again, your going off on your own tangent.

i have merely stated that:

1. i would like to see him run off a flank or wing to pick his man up for centre bounces
2. less of the the holding and wrestling (as i dont like to watch that)
3. and to go forward more often.

unflattering comments, hardly.

Why move him when the job he is doing thus far is effective?

Why move him when the job he is doing thus far is effective?

the job is effective thus far as the last two weeks the oppositions ruck's have been less than ordinary and we have lost against teams with a better than average ruckman.

against teams with a good ruckman we need 3 people at the centre bounce trying to win the clearance.

My point was it doesn't matter what you've been saying or where you think he should play. You're posts haven't been supportive of a guy who's doing a very important job for our team and doing it well. I don't see you giving him any credit in here and isn't that what this thread is about?

sorry colonel klink, i will in future, watch what and where i post.

sorry colonel klink, i will in future, watch what and where i post.

He's been good all year. Shut down Stevens, Mitchell, Deledio, Kerr off the top of my head. Like I said he's asked to do a job and hes been doing it, well.
Is that not enough to give him some credit?

I've got better things to do than to read your pessimistic posts. Although i'm sure you'll call you're something like a realist wouldn't you?

DF.
You are being a bit harsh on the ole ginger speedster.........
Been good the last 3-4 weeks - and every team needs someone who plays in this manner.
Would you prefer he play more like Rooke - play tightly but not as close and more pro-active when the balls there to be won rather than turning his back on it and going the man?
Dont think he can.........and you have seen what happens when he tries to....nearly every post repeats it - too slow, no awareness and not creative enough to pull it off.

i would have thought this was giving him credit. maybe if you read the posts you would have noticed this.

i have better things to do than re-read badly written sentences.

Oh, resorting to grammar and spelling are we?
Clutching at straws...
I don't know why you didn't say he had been effective at the start instead of continuing your obvious Vendetta against the Woman-Magnet that is Cameron Ling!
(Yeah that's right I said it!)

Oh, resorting to grammar and spelling are we?
Clutching at straws...
I don't know why you didn't say he had been effective at the start instead of continuing your obvious Vendetta against the Woman-Magnet that is Cameron Ling!
(Yeah that's right I said it!)

was not clutching at straws, merely making a point. and did not correct your spelling, again, exaggertion. your getting good at this exaggeration game though, keep it up.

i never said he was ineffective, just things i would like to see (one you agreed with). but, obviously your opinion is the oracle of football knowledge and anyone disagreeing with your thought either doesnt know what they are talking about or are pessimists.

to quote you from another "get off your high horse", or your highchair as the case may be.

was not clutching at straws, merely making a point. and did not correct your spelling, again, exaggertion. your getting good at this exaggeration game though, keep it up.

Is it wrong to think badly written sentences could be either spelling or grammar?

i never said he was ineffective, just things i would like to see (one you agreed with).

I never suggested you said he wasn't effective, more that you hadn't said it and then you suddenly did. But if you choose to let certain arguements go on and on then so be it...

to quote you from another "get off your high horse", or your highchair as the case may be.

So you are following me around...

but, obviously your opinion is the oracle of football knowledge and anyone disagreeing with your thought either doesnt know what they are talking about or are pessimists.

How could you say this when you've been reading everything I've written? Don't mistake my disdain for your comments as attempts to promote my own football intelligence. I'll agree with you if i think you're right and and i'll disagree with you if i think you're wrong. Is that not how it goes around here?

Perhaps we should just agree to disagree?

Is it wrong to think badly written sentences could be either spelling or grammar?

I never suggested you said he wasn't effective, more that you hadn't said it and then you suddenly did. But if you choose to let certain arguements go on and on then so be it...

So you are following me around...

How could you say this when you've been reading everything I've written? Don't mistake my disdain for your comments as attempts to promote my own football intelligence. I'll agree with you if i think you're right and and i'll disagree with you if i think you're wrong. Is that not how it goes around here?

Perhaps we should just agree to disagree?

Quote from Bomber (yes, I heard him say it):
“I know he gets a lot of criticism, Cameron Ling, but if there are any Geelong supporters who think he shouldn’t be in the team, they are actually kidding themselves, they’re not watching footy."
Now, the decision I am faced with is do I believe the coach of our team... or should I instead trust the judgement of a few rabid Geelong fans sitting at their computer terminals ?(at least we have that in common)

Remove this Banner Ad

Ling - credit where credit's due

Remove this Banner Ad

Back