Remove this Banner Ad

Kangaboy

All Australian
Aug 17, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/208/newsid/86098/default.aspx

the lines have outrageously delisted 12 players from their senior and rookie list.
included in this list were joel mcdonald, jason roe, scott harding and rhan hooper.
as everyone on this board knows we showed some serious interest in jmac in the trade week but couldn't muster up a trade. now that we can get him for free, and probably in the PSD, things may have turned out for the best.
harding is still young (23), and is a pacey midfielder with good skills. he might just be the outside midfielder we were looking for. didn't get much of a chance at brisbane in his first few years which stalled his development, but may just turn out to be a handy player.
jason roe showed he was a solid defender last year, but this year struggled a lot with form. he's got a really solid frame and pretty good disposal. decision making is somewhat of a problem, but could also be handy pickup as he can play tall or small. although with the development of thompson, grima and probably hansen, may not be a worthwhile investment.
as for rhan hooper, i reckon he is an absolute spud. doesn't want to play footy. so inconsistent + with thomas and campbell on the list would not north to have a sniff of this guy
does anyone have anything on the other guys?
any of these players worth a go?

Considering we were interested in Mcdonald in trade week i would say we would pick him up....Harding and Hooper would be interesting pick ups too depending on how dedicated Hooper is and the need for Harding.

We would be a monty to pick up Hooper under Laidley, played his only good footy against us so he would rate him highly.

Roe - I will spew if we pick him up. That bloke makes the most ridiculous errors of any AFL footballer. Can't even take a chest mark. Would be of Piciaone whipping boy proportions if we took him.

Madonald - meh. Tall half back flanker, unaccountable. Had a good year in 2008 floating across half back picking up big numbers, but went back to his old self this year, poor by foot, not what we need.

Harding - a bit like Ben Ross I reckon. Quick, plays in bursts, not overly reliable by foot. Fades in and out of games, but had great speed, wouldn't be totally pissed if we pick him up.

Hooper - interesting. Seriously ****ed in the head. Seriously. But can play. Tackles like a demon when he's switched on, pure forward pocket, knows how to rove a pack. But had major issues, more behind why he disappeared from the team than what has been let on, from what I understand. Funny point about it being too cold in Victoria, because he has family in Vic, and a couple of times he went AWOL, he ended up down there. Can really play, but too risky.

Nothing overly exiting there, if we had to pick up someone, I would go Harding.

I reackon the to player's we should get is harding and macdonald the the two most player's needed in the squad. Harding would be a great pick his fast and accurate. And Macdonald would be a great pich to because he is a tall defender and ay strong player. he would be great to join the squad as well as harding. :thumbsu:

If Hooper is young enough to be rookied, I'd do it.
Outrageous list management by Voss. He delists a bunch of players, many of whom haven't played a game, having acquired a lot of mediocrity in Staker, Buchanan and Raines.
But importantly, they will have to now top up with some really crappy picks as they haven't got much in the top 40.

They have a large number of their leaders in 28+ category. When Power, Black, Brown and Bradshaw hang up the boots, add Fev to that list, Brisbane will not have much in terms of quality to turn to.

Outrageous list management by Voss. He delists a bunch of players, many of whom haven't played a game, having acquired a lot of mediocrity in Staker, Buchanan and Raines.
But importantly, they will have to now top up with some really crappy picks as they haven't got much in the top 40.

They have a large number of their leaders in 28+ category. When Power, Black, Brown and Bradshaw hang up the boots, add Fev to that list, Brisbane will not have much in terms of quality to turn to.
Not sure we need another guy like that, 9 disposals in 2 finals in 09. Probably partly why he was dumped. Mcdonald is worth getting for cheap.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

what about bentick?
just got delisted, tough in and under player good tackler, didnt get much of a chance the last couple of years with carlton's star studded midfield.
bit of a harris type player but just has a lighter frame.
showed a bit of potential but some might think we might as well just keep harris rather than gettting this guy

what about bentick?
just got delisted, tough in and under player good tackler, didnt get much of a chance the last couple of years with carlton's star studded midfield.
bit of a harris type player but just has a lighter frame.
showed a bit of potential but some might think we might as well just keep harris rather than gettting this guy

What about him?

Hooper can play but way too risky. No way.

I didn't mind Roe once upon a time but no way either.

Macdonald is alright but don't really see the point.

Harding I rate a little bit. Wouldn't mind taking a punt on him.

As for Bentick, rather keep Harro thanks.

I think the fact that the Lions performed above expectations this year has gone to his head. He doesn't just think he is a "good" coach, he knows he is a "good" coach. :D

My tip is that he will be provided with a very liberal does of reality in the next 12 months to two years. Recruiting blokes like Raines and Staker will bring him undone very quickly.

I feel for Brissy. They're a little like we were with the no-bottoming out philosophy (at least not anymore) and are caught slap bang between too-late-to-start-again or top-up-&-have-a-crack whilst they've still Brown & Black etc.

Fast forward 5 years & they'll be cursing themselves for not learning from our mistakes circa '04 - '05.

Pass on all of the aforementioned. Either attitude problems all just plain no good, the lot of 'em. Rather invest in an 18 yo.

I feel for Brissy. They're a little like we were with the no-bottoming out philosophy (at least not anymore) and are caught slap bang between too-late-to-start-again or top-up-&-have-a-crack whilst they've still Brown & Black etc.

Fast forward 5 years & they'll be cursing themselves for not learning from our mistakes circa '04 - '05.

The way those pricks have treated us in the past?

They can rot in hell.

I hope they suffer.

maybe Im being too simplistic but if a club delists a player its typically because they arent good enough....or

if they are good enough and not required then they would be traded....or

if they cant be traded then they are either too expensive or not good enough.....and we start again....

translates to none of the lions listed are wanted.....lets give them a miss.......

Harding should be one we look at.

Hooper as a rookie.

Why?

Remove this Banner Ad

Lions cull

Remove this Banner Ad

Back