bcraze

Rookie
Brisbane Lions - Jared Polec 2012 Player Sponsor
Dec 2, 2009
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Hey all

Was just wondering, is the Lions training/BBQ thing today or last week at Griffin Park?

Ive never been to training before, and t hought it would be a good op to try get some photos.

But the site has:

The Brisbane Lions would like to invite YOU to our free community BBQ at Coorparoo this Thursday 9 December from 4pm-6.30pm!

But then has:

PUBLIC TRAINING SESSIONS
Monday 6 December: 8:30am @ Coorparoo
Thursday 2 December: 4pm @ Coorparoo - FREE Community BBQ!

If it's today, is anyone going?

Went along- a very good crowd turnout, given the early state of preparation for the new season.

Congratulations should be offered to the Lions for their generous support to your basic family supporter. Makes you realise why you remain a member.

FWIW- Fev [appearing quite a few kg's lighter] and Brown doing their solo thing, seemed to my eye a bit more methodology in general training routines. Difficult to tell who was and wasn't there, lots of new faces, Harwood has muscles on his muscles, Banfield repeatedly being told "settle" when he had the ball, McGrath and Proud excellent specimins of fitness. Clark putting in the hard yards. Same with Buchanan and Banfield. Didn't sight Voss.

Anyone take one of these with them?

gennert_montauk2.jpg

Care to upload?

Went along- a very good crowd turnout, given the early state of preparation for the new season.

Congratulations should be offered to the Lions for their generous support to your basic family supporter. Makes you realise why you remain a member.

FWIW- Fev [appearing quite a few kg's lighter] and Brown doing their solo thing, seemed to my eye a bit more methodology in general training routines. Difficult to tell who was and wasn't there, lots of new faces, Harwood has muscles on his muscles, Banfield repeatedly being told "settle" when he had the ball, McGrath and Proud excellent specimins of fitness. Clark putting in the hard yards. Same with Buchanan and Banfield. Didn't sight Voss.

Thats nice to hear, all positive, lets hope it stays that way:thumbsu:

Hey guys
Just got home from work. Thought I’d give some of my thoughts.
It was my first training session that I've ever been to. I did bring my camera (just a basic digital stand and shoot). I got some shots of some players when they came over and got drinks. Not sure how good the photos are. Im working the next few days til late so not sure when ill get chance to sift through the pics to see if any are worthy of posting.

Saw Vossy, Birdman, Gary O, Shane Woe and rest of the coaching staff.

Spoke to Drummo for bit. Said his knee is going ok. Having a light week this week. I asked him about Bartlett, and Drummo said "Callum got some complications and his knee is coming along slower than expected, but should be ok mid year-ish".

Drummo and Polks were doing laps on the smaller oval.

Clark and Ash were running hard during the game simulation drills. Same with Rocky, serious gut running. Rich on the other hand…… No sight of Charmo yesterday.

Funniest/most enjoyable part of day: some old guy with a card of Amon, went up to him when he was signing autographs and goes: are you Amon/Eamon Sullivan. Buchanon goes: No, who???? Hahahahah. So the old guy pulls away and I say, Sullivan is the swimmer. Amon goes, yeah wrong sport to the old guy. The old guy goes, it was you I meant and walked away without an autograph.

Is Fev still with Alex? He said something really interesting. I was under the impression they split?

Here’s 2 pics from my mate’s camera.
This was just as Fev walked over to the bikes and asked how it's going, and he goes: "Off for 20km time trial". He later said he did Tour De Brisbane.

Looks like Fev showed up at the start of training in great shape. I think it's no secret that we want him a little lighter, and he certainly looks it. Fev is a funny size and shape for a key forward. He really isn't that tall, but he is pretty strong through his body, he isn't overly fast but he gets seperation from his opponent on the lead to take marks.

Looks much better this year than last. Hopefully his body stays fit during the season.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I wonder if the "complications" after Callums op. is/was a case of staph again?....certainly hope not, and hope he is on the mend real soon..

Don't think it was staph. He has been present at training and reserves games for a long time now. If he was hospitalised with a staph infection we would have heard about it.

I imagine it was probably just some scar tissue that had to be cleaned up.

Remove this Banner Ad

Lions Training/BBQ?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back