Strategy List build: Draft, trade 2024-

Remove this Banner Ad

I made a list of info I could find on the players contracts. Will be interesting to see the list cuts

expiring end of 2024 -

Fowler
Sansonetti
Livingstone
Barnett
Sheridan (Inactive)
Blair
Brazalle
Morris

Contracts until end of 2025

Howarth
Hyde
Karlson
Morris Dalton
Campbell
Taylor
Porter
Lee
Frederick

Then last years draftees, I assume are on 1 year contracts. (Cronin, Clark, Schutte) The multiple year contracts for draftees I think starts this off season

Wonder if anyone contracted may get a trade elsewhere if they want success, given where we are at.

Last edited:

I made a list of info I could find on the players contracts. Will be interesting to see the list cuts

expiring end of 2024 -

Fowler
Sansonetti
Livingstone
Barnett
Sheridan (Inactive)
Blair
Brazalle
Morris

Contracts until end of 2025

Howarth
Hyde
Karlson
Morris Dalton
Campbell
Taylor
Porter
Lee
Frederick

Then last years draftees, I assume are on 1 year contracts. (Cronin, Clark, Schutte) The multiple year contracts for draftees I think starts this off season

Wonder if anyone contracted may get a trade elsewhere if they want success, given where we are at.

This years list you would think would be in trouble.

But can't replace all of them via a single draft (and we really don't have a lot of capital to trade).
I suspect the ones that we lose will be directly tied to how many picks we want to take.

Of that list only Barnett (tall) and Blair (young) would be on my 'keep' list.
Barnett has at times shown some very sticky hands and Blair has wheels. So would be ok with keeping her.

The rest are all struggling to get a game or at the end of their careers.
Sheridan won't be back.

Got to start somewhere and i'd like us to try and get some more picks in if we can.
But not much in the way resources that would be attractive to other clubs IMO.

This years list you would think would be in trouble.

But can't replace all of them via a single draft (and we really don't have a lot of capital to trade).
I suspect the ones that we lose will be directly tied to how many picks we want to take.

Of that list only Barnett (tall) and Blair (young) would be on my 'keep' list.
Barnett has at times shown some very sticky hands and Blair has wheels. So would be ok with keeping her.

The rest are all struggling to get a game or at the end of their careers.
Sheridan won't be back.

Got to start somewhere and i'd like us to try and get some more picks in if we can.
But not much in the way resources that would be attractive to other clubs IMO.
I agree with those players as well.
Reckon Sheridan also won't be back. After spending a year with her family and friends, I think it'll be hard for her to come back here and away from them again, and a year out of footy especially in AFLW would be even tougher to get back into.

I've felt that given they have played very little games that
Brazalle, Morris,Fowler, Sansonetti would be in trouble.

Do we have someone that can replace Livingstone? Can't think of anyone that might be a stopper. Cronin is more of an interceptor I think.

I agree with those players as well.
Reckon Sheridan also won't be back. After spending a year with her family and friends, I think it'll be hard for her to come back here and away from them again, and a year out of footy especially in AFLW would be even tougher to get back into.

I've felt that given they have played very little games that
Brazalle, Morris,Fowler, Sansonetti would be in trouble.

Do we have someone that can replace Livingstone? Can't think of anyone that might be a stopper. Cronin is more of an interceptor I think.
Don't think AFLW needs a 'stopper'.
I actually haven't minded the look of Ivy, albeit I know she's only "just". But if went in with her as our FB next year, it wouldn't be a huge downgrade on Livingstone (if at all).

I think it depends on what we decide to do with Ruby, Jordy & Butler.
They've been thrown everywhere this year and Butler has played exclusively fwd.

If Ruby plays mid, then i'd be using Cronin, Ivy & Allen/Butler down back.
If they don't want to play Ruby as the mid, then i'd play her and Cronin as the 2.

Defense isn't the problem.....at this stage i wouldn't care if we played Campbell & Porter as our defensive talls if it meant we could actually score !!

Don't think AFLW needs a 'stopper'.
I actually haven't minded the look of Ivy, albeit I know she's only "just". But if went in with her as our FB next year, it wouldn't be a huge downgrade on Livingstone (if at all).

I think it depends on what we decide to do with Ruby, Jordy & Butler.
They've been thrown everywhere this year and Butler has played exclusively fwd.

If Ruby plays mid, then i'd be using Cronin, Ivy & Allen/Butler down back.
If they don't want to play Ruby as the mid, then i'd play her and Cronin as the 2.

Defense isn't the problem.....at this stage i wouldn't care if we played Campbell & Porter as our defensive talls if it meant we could actually score !!
Our forward line is definitely an issue. Always has been. We need proper key forwards who can kick goals. For as much as they say that Barnett and Fowler are forwards. they don't kick goals all that often
Think we also need some pacey, crumber small forwards who can roam a pack and avid goal kickers.

Remove this Banner Ad

Strategy List build: Draft, trade 2024-

Remove this Banner Ad

Back