List Mgmt. List Management 2024-25

Remove this Banner Ad

I’d rather lose my left testicle than Butters.

Where does this shit come from?
At the moment I'm pretty sure it's just speculation of: a) Butters spraying teammates at the GC game, and b) rumours he will head back to Vic in FA and the club wanting to cash in as a pre-agent

So just speculation, but reasonably convincing, especially given our history with Wingard, Howard, and Duursma

At the moment I'm pretty sure it's just speculation of: a) Butters spraying teammates at the GC game, and b) rumours he will head back to Vic in FA and the club wanting to cash in as a pre-agent

So just speculation, but reasonably convincing, especially given our history with Wingard, Howard, and Duursma
could also only be doing this to demand more $$$ at contract talks. Or maybe he's upset he didn't get captain

Houston contracted till end of 2027, butters till end of 2026. Neither are going in the next year unless there was something very favourable to us. Vic clubs like us, are always trying to lure the best local kids home, when Tassie comes in there is going to be massive $$ thrown around.

Also there are a number of player managers and players looking around at the moment because of the outrageous monies being offered for average unrestricted players ie Perryman 850k 6 yrs , 900K for Battle etc. Must be thinking that I want some of this action, especially if you signed a contract years back.

Last edited:
Houston contracted till end of 2027, butters till end of 2026. Neither are going in the next year unless there was something very favourable to us. Vic clubs like us, are always trying to lure the best local kids home, when Tassie comes in there is going to be massive $$ thrown around.

Also there are a number of player managers and players looking around at the moment because of the outrageous monies being offered for average unrestricted players ie Perryman 850k 6 yrs , 900K for Battle etc. Must be thinking that I want some of this action, especially if you signed a contract years back.

It's not money with Butters.

We will pay him and we offered him a long-term contract.

If Butters wants out when Hinkley goes and I suspect Ken is the trigger a top 5 pick plus whatever is built around it this year or next ie. next year's 1st as well, is a deal we can do and live with.

I'm all for giving the next coach some decent picks and a bit of time.

CD could work his magic and get Sam Frost out of the Hawfs 💪💪💪

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If Butters and Houston are here for a couple more years perhaps getting on with the new coach might keep them, it will settle the unrest around here and give them a new direction.

End of the season can't come soon enough.

Miles Bergman (Port Adelaide)
Games: 74
Drafted: Pick 14, 2019
Home state: Victoria

The Power winger knocked back some big offers this time last year when he re-signed for two more years at Port. Collingwood came with a deal of around four years and worth about $3 million but he remained loyal to Alberton Oval and has continued his rise as a player.

I don't know which SEN host (Bickley, Menzel, name your crowie), but the first reply cracked me up - Early second rounder gets it done.

Kymbies Dillon.

Now I know it was made up.

College Accuse GIF

Meanwhile, the Eagles should split pick #3 for Liam Baker.

Heard from someone extremely close to the club today Butters and Houston are going no where.
Just pure VIC B.S

Glad to hear that. Pretty sure this all stems from speculation about Ken leaving. Who goes and who stays will have a lot to do with who the replacement coach is and what he presents to the players.

Butters is not a player you want to lose at any cost. I would be tempted to hold him until the end of 2025 to try and change his mind unless the pics we get are going to land us someone special.

He is an consistent matchwinner who is just coming into his prime and is a competitive animal who hates to lose. We need players like him. He likes playing with Rozee and JHF and I detected no issues that he was not named captain. I would be having those players getting in his ear if there is any real discontent.

If he does go any side that trades for him must pay heavily. I would rather a top 10 pick and a needed established player rather than two draft picks. Otherwise we are going in circles in terms of list demgraphy

Don't understand why Dan would want to leave now given he's signed on until 2027 unless circumstances have changed dramatically. I'm firmly in the trade anyone that is tied to Hinkley camp. So over it.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. List Management 2024-25

Remove this Banner Ad

Back