List Mgmt. List Management 2024-25

Remove this Banner Ad

The best performing teams like Brisbane, Geelong, Richmond and recently Hawthorn get there by trading in quality.

Not by getting good returns for quality that leaves.

They lose the fringe players seeking opportunities and get paid handsomely for them due to their success and keep their quality whilst adding more.

There's no point "winning" on trades out like Wingard if it just keeps your list forever building and never getting there

On SM-G975F using BigFooty.com mobile app
Definitely best policy but there is not much you can do if one of your best players like Houston wants to go home. You just have to make the best out of it.

Even the Brisbane Lions juggernaut had Des Headland wanting to go home after a GF win.

If we lose Houston, Bergman and Butters over the next eighteen months then it's looking like Koch & co are not content with being:

bottom in the AWFL
bottom in the SANFL

Looks as though they are desperate for the trifecta.

What a totally inept football club we have become.

I do hope that one day somebody will be brave enough to write a book showing how disastrous David Koch has been for the PAFC.

Duursma is proving how good he is now at Essendon.

Is he? He's missed a third of this season with injury and looks no better than he did at Port. Gets a few touches in Essendon's back half possession-heavy game plan. They've fallen like the Tunguska meteor the last few weeks.

And we traded him for a guy who has been our most consistent tall defender this year.

Xavier's best season was his first but once the injuries started to bite he's just lost that edge.

Is he? He's missed a third of this season with injury and looks no better than he did at Port. Gets a few touches in Essendon's back half possession-heavy game plan. They've fallen like the Tunguska meteor the last few weeks.

And we traded him for a guy who has been our most consistent tall defender this year.

Xavier's best season was his first but once the injuries started to bite he's just lost that edge.
He has been pretty good when healthy this season

Yea I agree Ford was devo when we did the deal seemed like such an overpay by us but in retrospect we probably come out ahead !

X has been the same player he was here seems we knew he didn’t have much higher to go and made the move

Daniel Rioli very keen to get to Gold Coast with Hardwick by accounts. Gold Coast very keen to get him there.

Ivan Soldo was flagged by Cal Twomey in the show Gettable to be a possibly looked at by other clubs as a ruck option as there are limited rucks on the table for trade this year.

Daniel Rioli very keen to get to Gold Coast with Hardwick by accounts. Gold Coast very keen to get him there.

They'll cough up two first round picks.

I was surprised he is around the same age as Houston.

Ivan Soldo was flagged by Cal Twomey in the show Gettable to be a possibly looked at by other clubs as a ruck option as there are limited rucks on the table for trade this year.

Another first rounder!

Us and Richmond will own round 1. :D

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Should take an early to mid 2nd rounder if someone offers.

Lol, no ones trading anything of value for him.

He can’t get on the park, we were idiots to think otherwise and pay what we did for him.

No one is bailing us out of that mistake, he’s either staying here or if he did go anywhere and that’s unlikely, we would get peanuts

2 goals though. On track for 35 goals this season - which would be 4 consecutive seasons of 35 goals or more in each year.

I don't think it will happen, but I'm not against a trade involving Houston, Pickett and pick swaps that favour Port.
2 goals is certainly not Mac and Cheese numbers. Maybe 2 goals in a half....... that is of a season

Absolutely agree. Jase Burgoyne regularly does things in games that make me sit up and take notice. Contested ball wins, tackles, pressure marks, baulks, spins out of trouble. Personally, I haven’t seen x-factor in Xavier’s game since his first year.

Absolutely agree. Jase Burgoyne regularly does things in games that make me sit up and take notice. Contested ball wins, tackles, pressure marks, baulks, spins out of trouble. Personally, I haven’t seen x-factor in Xavier’s game since his first year.
Agree, we won that trade where we needed a big body defender more than a wingman; we have a plethora of players who can play in that position where I woulld love Fiblayson to start there (obviously a wish for next yeaar).

They’re different kind of players lol. X is more courageous and going into packs without due care for himself, hard running type.

Jase is slippery agile and composed.

X would be starting 22 here this year easily, and he’s been very good for Essendon this year.

Regardless of what you feel about our need for x, and how zerk turned out, it’s absolutely clear that of the two teams one having an uncotracted player and the other having the younger contracted player that the team with the contracted younger player had the stronger hand and should have gotten the better trade day deal.

We didn’t.

And everytime we find ourselves on the other end of the scenario we had we are going to bend over, it’s just bad business to not use the stick the one time we had it.

They’re different kind of players lol. X is more courageous and going into packs without due care for himself, hard running type.

Jase is slippery agile and composed.

X would be starting 22 here this year easily, and he’s been very good for Essendon this year.

Regardless of what you feel about our need for x, and how zerk turned out, it’s absolutely clear that of the two teams one having an uncotracted player and the other having the younger contracted player that the team with the contracted younger player had the stronger hand and should have gotten the better trade day deal.

We didn’t.

And everytime we find ourselves on the other end of the scenario we had we are going to bend over, it’s just bad business to not use the stick the one time we had it.
Agree with the last bit. I’m less convinced about Duursma though. I think we’ll get as much as he offers or more from Lorenz in due course.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. List Management 2024-25

Remove this Banner Ad

Back