List Mgmt. List Management 2024-25

Remove this Banner Ad

For those who are fortunate to regularly get out to the SANFL games, are you able to provide some thoughts on some of our depth;

• who has caught your eye
  • who is the most likely to debut next
  • who has been the biggest disappointment
  • what type of positions/players do we need to prioritise in the trade/draft period?

Caught the eye this week or throughout the season?

Scully looks likely, Tommy A does some good things and some real head scratching stuff, Charleson looks smooth and silky think he will be a ripper - just very small but will play up the ground (Wing), Sinn/Jackson/Lorenz move uniquely and look to have something more, Visintini and Walsh probably the two to get most excited about over the course of the year.

Next debutant probably Jackson.

Biggest disappointment, McCallum but even he has shown a few glimpses in the past 4-6 weeks. Outside of him you would have to say the coaching staff, much like the senior team. Fitness and having enough each week to being competitive.

Priority at the draft, as I have said elsewhere if everyone fit, Visintini, Jackson, McIntee, Lorenz, Charleson, Sinn, Narkle/Evans/SPP is probably enough pure midfielders to be competitive weekly. I hope we add Francou with Burgoyne and Montgomery, with Barrett in the Draft. We have Lord and Scully at one end, Walsh, Moss and Marshall at the other as Key Position - some want K.Marshall gone but I think he deserves another year.
I would be grabbing the biggest, quickest most agile HFF/HBF/OnBallers possible, Fyfe/Cripps/Bont types who could develop into a multitude of roles, hopefully one of them can take Ollies mantle in the next 4years, possibly Francou if Drew and/or Mead can’t evolve their games.

Hopefully we are not letting Lord go.

And if we are and the Rat is the baseline....
I’d be happy to trade Lord.

This was his year. And what’s he done? Looks unfit, slow, no agility, still can’t kick.

Thilthorpe had a similarly bad injury and came back looking like some steroids had eaten the real Riley.

If we could shake loose a couple of second rounders or a late first, take it and run.

If Petracca has issues with Goodwin and the coaches surely the smarter option is to flick the coach, rather than your best player? They're in for a hard rebuild if Petracca goes anyway, particularly if Oliver is out and/or cooked anyway.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’d be happy to trade Lord.

This was his year. And what’s he done? Looks unfit, slow, no agility, still can’t kick.

Thilthorpe had a similarly bad injury and came back looking like some steroids had eaten the real Riley.

If we could shake loose a couple of second rounders or a late first, take it and run.
Lord's season was derailed as soon as he got injured at the start of the season.

He was playing catch up from that point onwards.

Absolute madness to trade him out when Dixon is finished and Marshall in doubt to ever play again.

If Petracca has issues with Goodwin and the coaches surely the smarter option is to flick the coach, rather than your best player? They're in for a hard rebuild if Petracca goes anyway, particularly if Oliver is out and/or cooked anyway.

Melbourne could definitely use a coach that the s described as a father figure to all his players

Lord's season was derailed as soon as he got injured at the start of the season.

He was playing catch up from that point onwards.

Absolute madness to trade him out when Dixon is finished and Marshall in doubt to ever play again.
Wasn’t a great way to start the season for sure but no reason he couldn’t have come back from that injury fitter or stronger or with a better kick. He got a good run in the ones to show something and he didn’t.

Trade him now whilst he has some value and someone may over pay for him.

Without Dixon, Marshall and Lord, we have Mitch, Sav, Finlayson and a rotating ruck. That’s without drafting or trading anyone in and assuming Marshall doesn’t go on and Dixon retires. Fair chance lord is behind those three forwards anyway.

29 next year, i'd take Melbournes first round pick plus something else.
****ing hell the overrating of draft picks on Bigfooty is infuriating. Petracca is a superstar. Who gives a **** how old he is, we're in a premiership window. I'd take him over ten first rounders.

You would have to seriously consider Petracca even though he's a bit on in years.

He's awesome, has won a premiership and also can play a position we struggle with, half forward and bring a whole heap of class there.

I doubt he's coming over.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. List Management 2024-25

Remove this Banner Ad

Back