List Mgmt. List Management 2024-25

Remove this Banner Ad

Losing Houston but gaining Pickett, Perryman and Cumming would be a great off-season.
Ooh Matron. 2 players and a happy ending. Sign me up.

I reckon you’d only lose Houston to gain a younger elite or potentially elite player, not just draft picks

Pickett, Philipou, and Wanganeen Milera on the radar!!

Although our key forwards are probably the most shakey area - I feel like Luko is a bit soft and more like a crow - a bit like Jack Watts - and we have 2 x soft and flakey KPFs already - Jez and Marshall

I’ve been thinking of a Houston replacement and one name keeps popping up in my head. I’ve tried to ignore, I feel dirty thinking it. Caleb Daniel, hear me out. He doesn’t bring much on the defensive end, but his kicking really suits our game style. Them 20-30m poke over traffic into the centre square. Bulldogs are moving past him, wouldn’t cost much draft capital.

I’ve been thinking of a Houston replacement and one name keeps popping up in my head. I’ve tried to ignore, I feel dirty thinking it. Caleb Daniel, hear me out. He doesn’t bring much on the defensive end, but his kicking really suits our game style. Them 20-30m poke over traffic into the centre square. Bulldogs are moving past him, wouldn’t cost much draft capital.
Have thought about this lots too, but yeah defensively would be a liability so I am on the fence with this.
Losing Houston but gaining Pickett, Perryman and Cumming would be a great off-season.
Genuine question, where do people see Perryman and Cumming play in the 22 next season if we land them both (highly unlikely)?

Lets say Houston leaves, I can see Perryman taking that role. But we have another wasted played in Sinn thats depreciating in value if he doesnt get that role (I think he should in finals when Dan misses out). Depth is good no doubt but think if Sinn stays injury free he's better than a depth player.

Cumming, maybe if Boak retires or agrees to be a permanent sub, Isaac can take the wing if he can stay injury free. Jase ain't giving up that wing.

I am not convinced we land both, maybe one of them.
If I had to predict, I would say Carlton's first pick and Motlop, for Houston.
Houston gets a suspension and all of a sudden we go from 2 firsts to a first and third round equivalent? Yikes

Have thought about this lots too, but yeah defensively would be a liability so I am on the fence with this.

Genuine question, where do people see Perryman and Cumming play in the 22 next season if we land them both (highly unlikely)?

Lets say Houston leaves, I can see Perryman taking that role. But we have another wasted played in Sinn thats depreciating in value if he doesnt get that role (I think he should in finals when Dan misses out). Depth is good no doubt but think if Sinn stays injury free he's better than a depth player.

Cumming, maybe if Boak retires or agrees to be a permanent sub, Isaac can take the wing if he can stay injury free. Jase ain't giving up that wing.

I am not convinced we land both, maybe one of them.

Houston gets a suspension and all of a sudden we go from 2 firsts to a first and third round equivalent? Yikes
While I don’t think signing both as free agents in one off season is realistic, you could easily put one of them on a wing and the other at half back, rotating through depending on wether you need more of a lock down on a small (perryman) or some extra run and drive out of defence (cumming). Cummings injury history is obviously a bit off putting in terms of offering a large contract for me.

While I don’t think signing both as free agents in one off season is realistic, you could easily put one of them on a wing and the other at half back, rotating through depending on wether you need more of a lock down on a small (perryman) or some extra run and drive out of defence (cumming). Cummings injury history is obviously a bit off putting in terms of offering a large contract for me.
Who do you drop though? Thats the bigger question.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Channel 7 sport saying that Kosi Pickett was spotted in the Port rooms after the Sydney win.

I would actually have to see Kosi in the rooms with my own eyes to believe that.

We’ve offered Joe Richards a 4 year deal. Seems a tad OTT
Well I guess we can lock him in then, I doubt he gets more than half of that anywhere else.

Can’t make a Collingwood side that won’t play finals….
In fairness he has three reigning premiership players in Hill, Elliott, McCreery and Lachie Schultz who they traded a first rounder and change for ahead of him, I don't think the reason Collingwood won't play finals this year is their small forward stocks.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. List Management 2024-25

Remove this Banner Ad

Back