List Mgmt. List Management 2024-25

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm pretty sure Richards was one of the players who Collingwood had to scrape the barrel to bring into the side due to injuries. But they were actually able to perform at the level.

I'll reserve my judgment until a deal is actually done, and we see how he can perform at the club. Could this be a case of Robbie Gray saying "Just get him over here."

Some highlights below from his game against Geelong. Does not look half bad

Wouldn't count on Kozzie coming across to Port. Port have played this cat and mouse game with him for quite a few years now. Says what they want to hear then bails at the last minute repeatedly.

Will be a pleasant surprise if he actually ever followed through with it.

Wouldn't count on Kozzie coming across to Port. Port have played this cat and mouse game with him for quite a few years now. Says what they want to hear then bails at the last minute repeatedly.

I fully believe he will request a trade to us at the end of his current contract. (possibly sooner)

I just feel it in my bones. It's kismet

I'm pretty sure Richards was one of the players who Collingwood had to scrape the barrel to bring into the side due to injuries. But they were actually able to perform at the level.

I'll reserve my judgment until a deal is actually done, and we see how he can perform at the club. Could this be a case of Robbie Gray saying "Just get him over here."

Some highlights below from his game against Geelong. Does not look half bad

He moves good, definitely a major upgrade on Cheese.

Melbourne and Carlton are the ones with interest in Houston, so it makes sense that Port would talk to him.

Absolutely but do you honestly believe he would be in the Port rooms the day after Melbourne played a game at the MCG? While he is in the first year of a 4 year contract?

That's a million miles from a check up on his interest phone call to his manager during the week.

Joe Richards came into 2022 draft calculations as a mature ager with strong performances in the Ovens and Murray League. Collingwood drafted him at pick 48.

Having come through the NAB League pathway with the Murray Bushrangers, Wangaratta's Joe Richards has catapulted himself onto the AFL Draft scene as a mature-ager. The 22-year-old, a school teacher by trade, was the sole draft combine invitee plucked out of local football this year, having impressed in the Ovens & Murray League. He was best afield in the interleague match, has taken out his third best and fairest with the Magpies, and is developing at a great rate.

The speedy small midfielder is a strong runner, blending his explosive pace with a high work rate to produce productive run-and-carry into attack. He's a player with weapons, possessing handy skills and a decent mark for a player his size, compounding the impact he has with ball in hand.

Richards is the type who hurts the opposition, having booted 29 goals in 11 games for Wangaratta this year. He burst onto the scene with a remarkable bag of 11 back in just his third senior game, and has gone on to establish himself as one of the competition's premier players. He shapes up slightly undersized for a pure midfielder, but has applicable traits to other roles and may make the unconventional leap all the way to top level football.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Absolutely but do you honestly believe he would be in the Port rooms the day after Melbourne played a game at the MCG? While he is in the first year of a 4 year contract?

That's a million miles from a check up on his interest phone call to his manager during the week.
Yeah good point, only repeating what was said on the news. He is also a medium forward, they are looking at Richards from Collingwood who plays the same position, interesting.
Time will tell i suppose but something tells me we might have to revisit this conversation. Could be my wishful thinking with Kosi. ;)

I suspect his manager is encouraging him to stay put.
1724206329409.png

Yeah good point, only repeating what was said on the news. He is also a medium forward, they are looking at Richards from Collingwood who plays the same position, interesting.
Time will tell i suppose but something tells me we might have to revisit this conversation. Could be my wishful thinking with Kosi. ;)

I don't doubt we are after him, just doubt that he would physically be in our location in a public place while contracted and in-season.

PORT ā€˜RENEWS INTERESTā€™ IN PICKETT

Port Adelaide has ā€œrenewed interestā€ in Demons livewire Kysaiah Pickett, reports SENā€™s Sam Edmund, as another Melbourne starā€™s name enters the trade spotlight.

The Power in recent years have been constantly linked to Pickett, who signed a four-season extension with Melbourne last year.

They are saying that Carlton is the front runner for getting Dan Houston. Carlton have pick 11 & 31, not promising imo.

They are saying that Carlton is the front runner for getting Dan Houston. Carlton have pick 11 & 31, not promising imo.

They have Voss who used to work with Dan. Ebert who is an ex-team mate, and one or two others he would have worked with. If he is available, they are an obvious likley place before taking into account draft capital that they have or don't have.

They have next year's first too. That's what Melbourne was offering.

They have next year's first too. That's what Melbourne was offering.
OK, then take their 2024 first rounder, trade their 2025 first into this years first round (albeit maybe a little more towards the back end eg. picks 15 to 19).

Then use one of those two 2024 firsts to trade in someone of reasonable calibre, and use the other in the Draft.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. List Management 2024-25

Remove this Banner Ad

Back