List Mgmt. List Management 2024-25

Remove this Banner Ad

They have Voss who used to work with Dan. Ebert who is an ex-team mate, and one or two others he would have worked with. If he is available, they are an obvious likley place before taking into account draft capital that they have or don't have.
Curious as to why Ebert went to Carlton and not do something with Port?

I'm curious as to what we would use two first round picks on?

Pick a midfielder? We have Butters, Rozee and JHF in there for the next decade - any gun midfielder would be wasted and looking for a trade after 3 seasons due to lack of opportunity.

We have Burgoyne developing nicely on his wing. When Boak finally decays, Lorenz is looking promising, and then there's Hugh Jackson and some father/sons who can be developed in this role.

A KPF? Georgiades, Lord and Marshall also hanging around for the foreseeable future, then there's Scully and Walsh waiting in the wings. And I don't see the next Wayne Carey in this year's draft crop, most of the mooted top 20 are mids..

KPD? Unless a Weitering is in the top few picks in the Draft, no-one wastes a top 10 pick on a defender. And again, none of the projected high picks are KPDs. Also, the Wakelin boy is coming up soon as a FS.

Small forward? We look like taking Richards anyway, and are trying to get Kosi Pickett. Tommy Alphabet will probably get a shot as well.

That leaves half-backs, and Houston is the best half-back in the league, in his prime and under contract. Why are we pushing him out for magic beans?

I'm curious as to what we would use two first round picks on?

Pick a midfielder? We have Butters, Rozee and JHF in there for the next decade - any gun midfielder would be wasted and looking for a trade after 3 seasons due to lack of opportunity.

We have Burgoyne developing nicely on his wing. When Boak finally decays, Lorenz is looking promising, and then there's Hugh Jackson and some father/sons who can be developed in this role.

A KPF? Georgiades, Lord and Marshall also hanging around for the foreseeable future, then there's Scully and Walsh waiting in the wings. And I don't see the next Wayne Carey in this year's draft crop, most of the mooted top 20 are mids..

KPD? Unless a Weitering is in the top few picks in the Draft, no-one wastes a top 10 pick on a defender. And again, none of the projected high picks are KPDs. Also, the Wakelin boy is coming up soon as a FS.

Small forward? We look like taking Richards anyway, and are trying to get Kosi Pickett. Tommy Alphabet will probably get a shot as well.

That leaves half-backs, and Houston is the best half-back in the league, in his prime and under contract. Why are we pushing him out for magic beans?

Nobody is pushing Houston out, the move is entirely his instigation. Chewy316 has made this point time and again, as has the media.

I would absolutely pick a gun inside mid with an early draft pick, he would be understudy to Ollie Wines and be ready to replace him on a full time basis in a few years. One who could play in a medium forward role would be a bonus.

I think depending on where the first round pick is, we have to target Harry Armstrong.

Dixon's done, jury's still out on Esava but for me he's a lock in the forward line. Lord, I'm not sure he'll be the elite AFL player we want him to be. Scully is a late developing pick still but there's signs. Armstrong is the competitive key forward that we need and we need to draft one early cause we've never done that
If we end up with let's say pick 10ish Harvey Langford night be around the mark as that bigger bodied mid.

Or perhaps Bo Allan.

I have tried to watch as much vision of Joe Richards as possible since hearing of our interest. I really like him a lot! He has smarts, has a great kick, is a quick decision maker, and is a damn good tackler.

Our list guys have obviously done their DD on him, so I am stoked if we get him in, esp if he comes cheap.

Houston has been a great servant of the PAFC & will be hard to replace. That said, if his pending departure can translate into improving the overall depth of the squad, than it’s a win/win for everybody.

Cripps has established himself as one of the better List Managers in the competition & I have full confidence that whatever deal he brokers for Dan will be favourable for the club going forward.

If it looks like the picks aren’t going to be what we want for Houston. Could we look at trying to get max king in a swap for him with some pick swaps involved as well

Gives us that key forward position we need and I think the saints would listen to that move

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Spoke to my source last night
Dixon to get another yr if Marshall takes a turn for the worse he has also been informed that he won't be guaranteed a position as he will be back up
We have spoken to Luko his preference is Port.
Pickett was at the club and would come back to Port as he wants to wear his uncles number.
He agrees that there is to much smoke regarding Houston but he will only leave if we get 2 x1st or
NWM ,Pickett or Phillipou and a pick for Houston. Port are refusing to accept a B.S offer.
SPP to sign a 5 year deal

Curious as to why Ebert went to Carlton and not do something with Port?
If I had to have a guess knew what Port was and what Port is currently are two different things, wanted to develop himself elsewhere to continue to grow and return a better rounded leader to help Port transition back to the culture that drove success.

Many of Port people previously would go and study, learn and cross pollinate with other codes and interstate clubs. I still believe Brad is the Prince who was Promised, however JHF is doing a mighty fine job filling the boots at the present.

Dixon to get another yr if Marshall takes a turn for the worse he has also been informed that he won't be guaranteed a position as he will be back up
Pickett was at the club and would come back to Port as he wants to wear his uncles number.
He agrees that there is to much smoke regarding Houston but he will only leave if we get 2 x1st or
NWM ,Pickett or Phillipou and a pick for Houston. Port are refusing to accept a B.S offer.

If Port could somehow pull off getting Nasaih Wanganeen-Milera for Houston plus somehow get Kozzy in this seasons draft. I'd be bloody stoked. I know Nasaih step father, I believe? Played for saints. Think only 30 something games, bit I'm pretty certain he's close with the Burgoyne's, as in Jase. Kozzy I just can't understand why he wouldn't be playing for Port. Baffles me...

Legit those 2 players alone plus if they snag Perryman as free agent, they'll be a threat next season. Pickett can rotate mid or just a dangerous deep forward with Rioli, SPP and Georgiades. Nasaih is bloody good and a tank on him too. Would probably assist in Jase improving more if both on either wings.

If however, Port get a top 10 pick and somehow get Sid Draper then that combo with Hornet would be good.

Man I hope your source is accurate. All of this would be amazing.

Is Richards OOC this year? I assume we would pick him up as a DFA if that was the case?
Richards is Out of contract this year but he's not a free agent. It will require a trade or we take him via PSD like Jack Martin from Suns to Blues. Structure the contract in a way no one else wants to/can't match which I suppose is why we have given him a 4 year deal

I like what I am hearing.

Fair enough for Dixon but it would be nice to see a player take the spot from him.
I think Luko is worth pursuing.
Choppy Jr wearing the Prison Bars number 15 would be the best.
Great to hear the club wants a great deal for Houston.
Lets lock up SPP.

This sounds really good but there is 1 component missing here, Ken leaving at the end of the season. ;)

Also if Dixon wants to stay on as "backup" then I'm sure he'd be happy to sacrifice his salary. Heck, you'd think he'd be satisfied with even 200k salary if it mainly meant he was backup and playing just in the 2s.

200k should be plenty to buy spark plugs & points.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. List Management 2024-25

Remove this Banner Ad

Back