List Mgmt. List Management 2024-25

Remove this Banner Ad

Due to the recruitment of recycled B graders, we should have a clear out/ fire sale and count our losses just to move them on. Apart from Sweet… who else has proven a success? Why do we keep doing this? Keeping Kenny’s dream alive has been costly

You keep BZT for sure.

He was good this year but exposed when our midfield was sliced open

I don't think there is even a question of Rankine being better than Rozee. Its just...obvious? If you gave me the choice of trading Rankine for Rozee I would do that every day of the week. Same with Dawson.

I'd still take JHF over Rankine because I think a midfielder-forward is better than a forward-mid, but in terms of pure talent I think they are pretty similar.

If Rankine stays fit he is almost certainly AA this year, maybe last year. If he stays fit going forward (and playing in a better side) he will be a multiple AA, hall of fame player.
Questions of Rozees leadership and finals performances aside, he is a much better footballer than Rankine. C'mon now.

Just a look at the list. Separated by who I think gets you a flag in 2025. It’s really about how many B graders can you carry. Some of the B graders if in form are useful, but who is gonna step up in a prelim and GF?

If we gain Perryman, Cummins and Luko, for me, they are all B graders except Perryman who has a tough edge.

Losing Houston if he goes is a big blow in the short term.

I also dont think Drew/tagger is necessarily in the A grade list, and I reckon if we gain Perryman, I’d look at Bergman getting in the middle.

A graders

Rioli Georgi
SPP Rozee
Burgoyne Wines
Bergman BZT Farell
Jones Allir Houston

R: Sweet JHF Butters
I: Evans Sinn

Depth - B graders

Drew, Esava, Marshall Jez Soldo DBJ Visentini, Mead, Burton, Clurey, Soldo, Williams, Lord, Mcentee, Narkle, Frankie, Boak, Dixon,

Untried/Dont know

Charleson, Anastopolous, Scully, Lorenz, Mcallum, Jackson, Marshall, Walsh

Questions of Rozees leadership and finals performances aside, he is a much better footballer than Rankine. C'mon now.
Different players. Both good in their own way. Rozee is very slight like Rankine, if we had one more good midfielder - Rozee would be an awesome half forward flanker, that pinch hit in the middle.

Adding to my last post - actually reckon with Bergman in a contract year, he’d be worth playing as that midfielder in the centre square. Wins contested possession - 1 on 1s - defensively minded and can provide a good marking option when isolated like how Sydney used Heeney on the weekend. Also can kick a snag.

Why are we not putting more games into Lord? He kicked 4 against Brisbane in the QF last year and then just dropped off the face of the earth.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
He was injured the first half of the season and the plan was for him to play and not Dixon. He came back, played 6 games in a row with Dixon-esque effectiveness and was dropped. Maybe next year off the back of a full preseason. Same goes for Jackson, looked great last year but hampered by injury early on this year.

Why are we not putting more games into Lord? He kicked 4 against Brisbane in the QF last year and then just dropped off the face of the earth.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Poor showing at the brodowns. Kept his shirt on the whole time and didn’t do big cums.

Who Is Adam McClure and where has he stated this? Because while it’s a silly pipe dream this is still my number 1 hope for the off season.
Just seen a snip from Footy Classified, meeting with Melbournes leadership group and Trac.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Don't worry, Rich
If Sam Mclure is to be believed, sounds Koz Pickett has also requested a trade to South Australia

Fresh off his Petracca to Carlton for Harry McKay scoop?

He's determined to drive someone good out of Melbourne.

Imagine being a young key forward in Hinkleys system. It’s career suicide to be drafted by Port if you’re a kpf (or defender actually).

Kpps that have been drafted, developed, reached 100 games for port and held onto (ie not traded away like Howard) under hinkleys tenure

Todd Marshall

….

No one else.

Mitch will likely reach the target of 100 games , barring injury or being traded away.

To have 1 player fulfill this criteria in a 12 year coaching tenure is unbelievable.

We don’t even have a single player after Mitch who we can safely say will meet the criteria either. Maybe lord , maybe Walsh, maybe Scully, but who knows.

Imagine being a young key forward in Hinkleys system. It’s career suicide to be drafted by Port if you’re a kpf (or defender actually).
At best having Hinkley as a coach leaves you in career purgatory.

Kpps that have been drafted, developed, reached 100 games for port and held onto (ie not traded away like Howard) under hinkleys tenure

Todd Marshall

….

No one else.

Mitch will likely reach the target of 100 games , barring injury or being traded away.

To have 1 player fulfill this criteria in a 12 year coaching tenure is unbelievable.

We don’t even have a single player after Mitch who we can safely say will meet the criteria either. Maybe lord , maybe Walsh, maybe Scully, but who knows.
Our strategy has clearly been to bring guys in. Ryder, Dixon, Finlayson. Dixon was solid for us prior to 2020 but he's cooked now. Sad for Marshall given his head injuries but at least we do have Georgiades tracking well.

It's an area we haven't developed well but have in other areas. KPF's of high quality are hard to come by. We do need a Lukosius and another tall to go with Georgiades. Hopefully that's Lord.

Well we can see in full the Esava/Soldo trades:

Pick 16 (2024) > Pick 23 (2023) + Pick 29 (2024)

Pick 23 (Mitchell Edwards), 76 (George Stevens), 94 (Lawson Humphries) > Esava Ratugolea

Pick 41 (Kane McAuliffe), Pick 49 (Liam Fawcett), Pick 29 (2024) > Soldo + Pick 50 (essentially Anastasopoulos after Sweet pick swaps).

Gave up: Pick 23, 41, 49, 76, 94, 16 (2024), 29 (2024)
Gained: Ratugolea, Soldo, Anastasopoulos.

Pretty bad reading in hindsight.

Well we can see in full the Esava/Soldo trades:

Pick 16 (2024) > Pick 23 (2023) + Pick 29 (2024)

Pick 23 (Mitchell Edwards), 76 (George Stevens), 94 (Lawson Humphries) > Esava Ratugolea

Pick 41 (Kane McAuliffe), Pick 49 (Liam Fawcett), Pick 29 (2024) > Soldo + Pick 50 (essentially Anastasopoulos after Sweet pick swaps).

Gave up: Pick 23, 41, 49, 76, 94, 16 (2024), 29 (2024)
Gained: Ratugolea, Soldo, Anastasopoulos.

Pretty bad reading in hindsight.
Yea that’s not quite right, you are double dipping there listing what we gave up.
Simplest way to look at is:

Gave up: pick 16, 41, 49, 76, 94
Gained: Rat, Soldo, 50 (this was used on Sweet)

Still not great, but nowhere near as bad as you are saying. Considering we used pick 50 on Sweet, who is now our #1 ruck.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. List Management 2024-25

Remove this Banner Ad

Back