Remove this Banner Ad

BRG93

The Beacon of BigFooty
Artist Western Bulldogs - Honeychurch/Austin/Prudden Player Sponsor 2014
Aug 27, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Hey Guys just wanna get you thoughts on the Western Bulldogs List for me need a big cleanout
For instance 2012 Draft prospects for us, delistings, retirees etc

For me:
Delistings- Mulligan, Hooper, Sherman, Skinner, Greenwood (50/50)- Grant, Panos
Retire- Gilbee (Potential Trade)
Trade-

Need a KEY FORWARD!!!!! Not rotating ruckman
Pace in the Midfield

What do you guys think???

Wouldn't delist Sherman myself.

Find yourself a KPF and sell the house to get him. You're list still has value for sides going for a flag, but you can't keep up with the 8 as a collective entity.

Have you seen any of the u18 Champs? Get into the mini draft and get Hogan.

On your current list , life by the creed "Trust the Mac" he will get the most our the kids you get into your system. But you may need to clean out a few names to get more kids in. It will hurt but then nothing good comes without some pain.

Gilbee , don't think he would get much. It will be a bit more painful than that.

Have you seen any of the u18 Champs? Get into the mini draft and get Hogan.

On your current list , life by the creed "Trust the Mac" he will get the most our the kids you get into your system. But you may need to clean out a few names to get more kids in. It will hurt but then nothing good comes without some pain.

Gilbee , don't think he would get much. It will be a bit more painful than that.

I haven't seen the championships myself but have heard a lot of good things about hogan
We are already bracing for pain but most dogs fans including myself are well equated with it

What about a broader view on current ladder position who might you think will come to the club I've heard Stringer & Garett to name a few

It depends on what type of player your after. Hogan and several good types all belong to next years group.
Garett looks good but Wines is more Macca's type of players id think. Still I know form talking to him that he rated Menzel when he was at Geelong , so do not be surprised if you look at Troy
We'll be going for more outside, good finishing types. I love Wines (I imagine Macca would too), he's in my top 2 favourites this year (would fit in amazingly at Geelong), but we don't have any need for his type of player. We've got Libba, Wallis and Smith as our young inside kids. Desperately lacking good kicks of the footy though, who can break the lines. I imagine we'll be looking at guys like Mayes, Toumpas, maybe Garlett. Also Menzel could be a chance, as you mentioned. I also hope we look at Stringer strongly, mostly because he's my favourite in the draft and I think he'll be a gun once he gets back to full fitness.

You would know what you guys need more than anyone.
"more outside, good finishing types"

Garlett would fit along with a lot of others like the names you have mentioned. Mayes would be good get and as much as id like a brothers Menzel at Catland I'd say he will be gone. McDonough would be interesting , sort of got that Sidebottom thing going. Looks a greedy, hungry forward pocket but could develop like Sidebottom has.

Hey Guys just wanna get you thoughts on the Western Bulldogs List for me need a big cleanout

For me:
Trade-

Pace in the Midfield

Isnt Panos a true Full Forward?

I thought he was doing well in the Magoos? Same as Jack Redpath who looked good in the TV game against Bendigo (Essendon's reserves) earlier this month..

You would have to say Mulligan is gone, Hooper looked good early in his career, what happened there? Skinner seems lost on the footy field, whilst Sherman is that outside run you will probably keep on the list as you did 'pay' something for him, so shouldnt delist after only two years.

I thought he was doing well in the Magoos? Same as Jack Redpath who looked good in the TV game against Bendigo (Essendon's reserves) earlier this month..

You would have to say Mulligan is gone, Hooper looked good early in his career, what happened there? Skinner seems lost on the footy field, whilst Sherman is that outside run you will probably keep on the list as you did 'pay' something for him, so shouldnt delist after only two years.
Panos is a bit undersized for being a FF, and a tad slow. He's ok when he gets momentum though.
Very good shot at goal, very good field kick, can read the play brilliantly, has good decision making. The question is where to play him though. Too slow for half back in an AFL side, he's not a very good mark, so he can't just stay back and take pack marks, and he's slow on the lead, so he struggles with that too.
A lot of people think he should get a shot, and he probably should, but I don't know where he'd play.

Redpath is a fair way off AFL. He'd blow up in about a quarter of footy, imo. Playing VFL reserves this weekend.

Surprised to see this thread on a general board rather than the Bulldogs board, but I like it. Interesting concept seeing how the supporters of other clubs would manage your list.

You've been a bit harsh on a few IMO. Excluding your untried youngsters who I haven't seen and therefore don't know anything about, I'd go:

Delist: Mulligan, Hooper, Moles (holy shit, Moles is still on an AFL list), Djerkurra if he hasn't established himself by season's end
Tap on the shoulder: Hargrave, Gilbee
Upgrade: Austin (Hargrave replacement)

Surprised to see this thread on a general board rather than the Bulldogs board, but I like it. Interesting concept seeing how the supporters of other clubs would manage your list.

You've been a bit harsh on a few IMO. Excluding your untried youngsters who I haven't seen and therefore don't know anything about, I'd go:

Delist: Mulligan, Hooper, Moles (holy shit, Moles is still on an AFL list), Djerkurra if he hasn't established himself by season's end
Tap on the shoulder: Hargrave, Gilbee
Upgrade: Austin (Hargrave replacement)

I like moles but the dogs won play him had a good first season at the dogs in 2010 then injured last year with a shoulder then injured for the first half of this year now playing vfl seniors looking for a recall

I think I've been fair in the context of the club being in a rebuild stage need to get rid of dead wood on the list and move on some of the older blokes I don't mind if there are some bad years myself

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No point in having panos on the list if he isn't going to be played plain and simple, hooper has had a few injures and form issues, agree will what you said about skinner, and Sherman is just.... I don't know to be honest just fades out of games to regularly and doesn't seem to do very much

Elevate jack redpath (spelling?). Only seen him twice for werribee but he looks a player.
I would dangle Daniel cross. He's been a great player for you blokes but I reckon he has value for a team like gws or especially gold coast who need some steel and experience in the middle, and someone who can lead by example.

Agree with all the delistings, with the exception of grant, think he's got enough to work with. You blokes have some more than decent kids (wallis and Libba are stars in the making) and have a few strong picks in a very strong draft.

The situation isn't as bad as some in the media have made it out to be

Macartney really doesn't seem like the sharpest tool in the shed.

Can you explain how you came to this opinion? Few times I've spoken to him personally, he seems far more intelligent then the ex footballer type coach.

Can you explain how you came to this opinion? Few times I've spoken to him personally, he seems far more intelligent then the ex footballer type coach.
I think he means Jason. He was over at Freo for a year I think.

What do guys think we could get in the draft im hoping for Stringer/Hogan/Toumpas (not sure of spelling) as a wish list not to get all of them

The club has send they will be looking for classy mids who are good ball users

So maybe along the lines of garlett/ whitfield (i wish)/ toumpas

I don't know to be honest just fades out of games to regularly and doesn't seem to do very much

Nothing new there. I expect him to be gone - if he can't hold a senior spot by now, he can't hold a senior spot. People who's clubs he hasn't been at don't understand how frustrating he can be.

For me:
Trade-

Pace in the Midfield

Are you talking about Jarrad Grant??? I would have thought he would be given more chances especially considering he is still twig thin. How tall is he? Being a Freo supporter if you guys were looking at getting rid of him i would have thought that we would take him in to consideration as wek lack massively in our kpf stocks. A key position player that has been in the system for 4 or so years could be one pre-season away from really cementing there spot in a team. I know he has good pace as well.

What about Morris, Gilbee, Gia?
Probably not right at the bottom of the pile yet, but an argument could be made that they will be, soon?
I imagine that Gilbee will be moved on at the end of this year. Gia has another year to go on his contract, and i'm not sure where Morris is at. He had a setback with his leg, so is out the rest of this year. Fairly sure he's contracted for next year. I'd hate to lose him.
Are you talking about Jarrad Grant??? I would have thought he would be given more chances especially considering he is still twig thin. How tall is he? Being a Freo supporter if you guys were looking at getting rid of him i would have thought that we would take him in to consideration as wek lack massively in our kpf stocks. A key position player that has been in the system for 4 or so years could be one pre-season away from really cementing there spot in a team. I know he has good pace as well.
He's 192cm going by our site (I thought he was a bit taller) but he is more a third tall than a KPF. No way we will delist him though. If we wanted to get rid of him, we could get some sort of trade with someone. When he's in good form, he's a very difficult match up.

I think he'd just be another Mayne. Not the Dawes/Darling build you guys need in the goalsquare.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Manager- Western Bulldogs

Remove this Banner Ad

Back