List of Trade/Free Agency Rumours 2014 (READ OP)

Remove this Banner Ad

Malceski is a very good player but with our plethora of half back flankers, would Hawthorn bring another one especially one who would add to our aging list problem.
Agreed he is probably not needed at hawks . Rumours of malceski wanting back to Perth also . Maybe the dockers but can't see west coast having waters Ellis and malceski all in the same backline . That's a disaster waiting to happen . We also have hurn who plays that role

Agreed he is probably not needed at hawks . Rumours of malceski wanting back to Perth also . Maybe the dockers but can't see west coast having waters Ellis and malceski all in the same backline . That's a disaster waiting to happen . We also have hurn who plays that role
Malceski is a vic boy so not sure about your comment of him wanting to go back to Perth.

Who exactly can St Kilda give up for higher picks? Only hope is the FA compo; I just don't see what trade bait St Kilda has.

Pretty much no-one. Some recent early picks (Billings, Dunstan etc) who we won't give up. Armitage and Steven who are worth more to us than to other clubs. Montagna, but I wouldn't let him go for less than 30 and I don't think anyone should pay that much. Stanley if a club is desperate for a mercurial ruck-forward, but once again I think we'd want too much.

In a year we'll have ruckmen to trade. Longer and Hickey should duke it out for number 1 spot next year. Word from Sandy is good on Pierce and Johnny Holmes, and Stanley can give a chop-out, so quite likely one of Longer and Hickey will be dispensable. But this year is too soon to know which we should keep.

You're right, we just don't have much trade bait. I'm holding out hope that Pelchen has something up his sleeve for another sub-25 pick though.

Pretty much no-one. Some recent early picks (Billings, Dunstan etc) who we won't give up. Armitage and Steven who are worth more to us than to other clubs. Montagna, but I wouldn't let him go for less than 30 and I don't think anyone should pay that much. Stanley if a club is desperate for a mercurial ruck-forward, but once again I think we'd want too much.

In a year we'll have ruckmen to trade. Longer and Hickey should duke it out for number 1 spot next year. Word from Sandy is good on Pierce and Johnny Holmes, and Stanley can give a chop-out, so quite likely one of Longer and Hickey will be dispensable. But this year is too soon to know which we should keep.

You're right, we just don't have much trade bait. I'm holding out hope that Pelchen has something up his sleeve for another sub-25 pick though.

It has to involve trading pick 1. Obviously, the aim would be to still end up with at least one pick in the top 10.

Any updates on Clint Jones?

He'd be a decent pickup for any side outside the top 8

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Carlton will be the liquorice Allsorts next year.
They are being linked with everyone

We all know how the story goes.

Lose a player to free agency and use their first rounder on an inside mid, rinse, repeat.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2014-05-01/danger-signs-good-for-crows

"PATRICK Dangerfield has given his strongest indication yet that he will turn his back on free agency next year and recommit to Adelaide, saying he "loves" the Crows and is happy to stay as long as Brenton Sanderson remains coach."

Sando was just sacked. Cue an increase of speculation.

Would be keen on Sam Blease at Richmond... what are some Melbourne fans thoughts on him?
Will take whatever you're willing to give. Your third would be extremely generous, as would an upgrade from our third (40) to your second (32ish)? We'll even throw in Tapscott ;)

More likely we'll just give him up for a fourth rounder and be done with him.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2014-05-01/danger-signs-good-for-crows

"PATRICK Dangerfield has given his strongest indication yet that he will turn his back on free agency next year and recommit to Adelaide, saying he "loves" the Crows and is happy to stay as long as Brenton Sanderson remains coach."

Sando was just sacked. Cue an increase of speculation.

There's talk on the AFC boards of senior players laying into Sando and the coaching dept during their exit interviews. Danger may just have been in favour of getting rid of Sando. AFC cannot afford to lose Dangerfield.

Would be keen on Sam Blease at Richmond... what are some Melbourne fans thoughts on him?

If I were Richmond i'd embrace the draft. You guys did some great work last year. I'd back your recruiters to make more good decisions. IMO Richmond already has too many discards/rejects on the list. Few have been successes.

Will take whatever you're willing to give. Your third would be extremely generous, as would an upgrade from our third (40) to your second (32ish)? We'll even throw in Tapscott ;)

More likely we'll just give him up for a fourth rounder and be done with him.
He has been delisted.
Melbourne won't get anything for him

Remove this Banner Ad

List of Trade/Free Agency Rumours 2014 (READ OP)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back