List of Trade/Free Agency Rumours 2014 (READ OP)

Remove this Banner Ad

Have heard these:

Gorringe to head back to SA
Pies enquiring about Kruezer
Ryder still unsure
Mitch Robinson - 0 offers
Raines to GC
Frawley to Freo or Cats
Lamumba to Dees
Clark to Pies
Leroy Jetta to Eagles
O'Rourke to Dees
Dogs sussing out Sam Reid
Lions sussing out Beams
Higgins to Blues
Taylor Hunt to Saints

But most have heard all of these!

where did you hear raines to gc?

Cats to give Sam Baulderstone a go. May even offer WC 1st pick in draft for WC 2nd pick and Callum Sinclair. With D Simpson getting busted DD after 3rd back surgery, and H mac 31. Is it time for Cats to sure up ruck stocks as a priority!.

Whats the story with Sam B. looking him up , he claim to fame is playing at 150Kgs. Is this legit?

Whats the story with Sam B. looking him up , he claim to fame is playing at 150Kgs. Is this legit?
He was about 2-3 years ago.
Trained with Port last year to be rookie listed but failed the medical. Wasn't ready imo.
Now he is about 110kg now and is a dominant SANFL ruck.
Made Renouf look silly in a Port vs Norwood game earlier this year.

8 picks is significant at the pointy end of the draft and West Coast are only giving up a bloke who is clearly behind Lycett and Nic Nat in the pecking order.

Where are you getting that from? Geelongs 1st and wc 2nd are 14 picks apart not 8.

I would only offer our 2nd rounder for sinclair

What type of player... Mumford? Leap, speed?
Not good with comparisons but tell me who you think of when you read my opinion of him.
Great tap ruck, ok leap, not fast but has enough endurance to be good at stoppages around the ground. (on the wings).
Not a goal kicker IMO. If you were to throw him outside of the ruck it would be as a defensive ruck or KPD on rucks that rest forward.
Don't think he has the potential to be a number 1 ruck but would be a very decent mature aged backup for 5 or so years.

I think he can really improve with an AFL standard fitness coach and facilities at his disposal.

Not good with comparisons but tell me who you think of when you read my opinion of him.
Great tap ruck, ok leap, not fast but has enough endurance to be good at stoppages around the ground. (on the wings).
Not a goal kicker IMO. If you were to throw him outside of the ruck it would be as a defensive ruck or KPD on rucks that rest forward.
Don't think he has the potential to be a number 1 ruck but would be a very decent mature aged backup for 5 or so years.

I think he can really improve with an AFL standard fitness coach and facilities at his disposal.

Orren Stephensen..only younger

Orren Stephensen..only younger
Yep, The Big O was obviously drafted too late at age 30. At least Baulderstone is only 24.

Rookie listing him I think would be a lot better than rookie listing an undrafted 18 year old that won't do anything for at least 4-5 years and might not even come good.

Some weird rumors on the North board, some that I hope aren't true.

- Vickery wants to join North
- We are pursuing Jeff Garlett
- Offer to Waite has been withdrawn
- Not likely to get Shaun Higgins (do not want anyway)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So I'm guessing Franklin still plays for Hawthorn since BenClank had school at the time.
He only deals in rumours - actual player movement isn't his go.

Another slow, nuggety inside player who isn't a great kick? Last thing we need surely.

(Is he actually slow? Can't remember the last time I saw him play.)

Not really that Id call slow. Wont catch Rioli or Motlop but I would classify in fastest 20% of players.

Disposal not that bad either. Not elite by any means but better than serviceable.

Did the Ac joint in Carlton game this year and just never got his touch back. Fell out of favour with CS it seemed then got some VFL form going and did a groin.

Has been listed as trade potential. Is probably better than what we would get for him.

Go Catters

Another slow, nuggety inside player who isn't a great kick? Last thing we need surely.

(Is he actually slow? Can't remember the last time I saw him play.)

I rate Hunt highly... he was developing nicely into a hard running ball winner in 2012. Obviously injuries got him this year but I'd be interested if the price was right.

If Armitage is traded then someone like Hunt would be very handy. Not replacing like for like, but a mature body in the right age bracket that can help protect some of the developing kids.

If Gwilt gets us band 5 compo (pick 39) would that do it?

I rate Hunt highly... he was developing nicely into a hard running ball winner in 2012. Obviously injuries got him this year but I'd be interested if the price was right.

If Armitage is traded then someone like Hunt would be very handy. Not replacing like for like, but a mature body in the right age bracket that can help protect some of the developing kids.

Pick 39 probably a bit low but would entertain a swap of rd 2 picks.

You get Hunt and Geelong Rd 2.
We get Saints Rd2.

GO Catters

Have heard these:

Gorringe to head back to SA
Pies enquiring about Kruezer
Ryder still unsure
Mitch Robinson - 0 offers
Raines to GC
Frawley to Freo or Cats
Lamumba to Dees
Clark to Pies
Leroy Jetta to Eagles
O'Rourke to Dees
Dogs sussing out Sam Reid
Lions sussing out Beams
Higgins to Blues
Taylor Hunt to Saints

But most have heard all of these!

Can someone explain to me just what would Collingwood offer for Kreuzer? Or is the talk around seeing he can ben poached as a restricted FA next year?

I don't think there is any Gwilt compo, we've delisted him. Anyway, our 3rd round pick is currently 39 so band 5 would be 40, taking into account other compo it'll be 43 or higher.

You get Hunt and Geelong Rd 2.
We get Saints Rd2.

Currently that would be Hunt+34 for 21. Eventually it'll be Hunt+37ish for 24ish. Probably not. I think Pelchen wants a few picks inside 25, unlikely to give one up for a 24 year old.

I don't think there is any Gwilt compo, we've delisted him. Anyway, our 3rd round pick is currently 39 so band 5 would be 40, taking into account other compo it'll be 43 or higher.

Currently that would be Hunt+34 for 21. Eventually it'll be Hunt+37ish for 24ish. Probably not. I think Pelchen wants a few picks inside 25, unlikely to give one up for a 24 year old.

Who exactly can St Kilda give up for higher picks? Only hope is the FA compo; I just don't see what trade bait St Kilda has.

Can someone explain to me just what would Collingwood offer for Kreuzer? Or is the talk around seeing he can ben poached as a restricted FA next year?
I think the talk is this year. However I'm thinking it's a rumour without much truth that has somehow gained legs. Would think Collingwood would have to give up a decent player. Their first pick will be used in Moore most likely

AFL Free Agency News - No Bull

Hawthorn, Essendon, Geelong and Collingwood have all been linked with Nick Malceski over the last month.

Collingwood are the current front runners as he contemplates a move to cover the soon to depart half-back flanker Heritier Lumumba.

Malceski is a very good player but with our plethora of half back flankers, would Hawthorn bring another one especially one who would add to our aging list problem.

Remove this Banner Ad

List of Trade/Free Agency Rumours 2014 (READ OP)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back