Status
Not open for further replies.
May 6, 2007
South East Suburbs
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspurs, Melbourne Vixen
Lets try and keep it civil in here now guys, the old thread was getting a little out of hand, so no personal attacks will be tolerated.

Myself Chris25, Colin D'Cops and myself will be keeping a very close eye on this thread.
Any personal attacks, trolling or blatant baiting will not be tolerated, you WILL be given a holiday should you try and bend these rules.

Any ways

Sharrod Wellingham out of Collingwood may have more legs to it than what people think, and Mitch Brown I dont think will be leaving WCE unless they (Weagles) get a very, very attractive offer (mini draft pick seems highly unlikely, he is promising, but surely they will get better offers).

Here goes Round 2. I'll post updates as much as I can like the last thread.

* = Free Agent/Delisted/Wants Trade
© = Contracted beyond 2012
<> = Trade or Signing Official

Adelaide
*Knights to Rich (Quit Adelaide and wants to go to Victoria, offered a 2 year deal by Richmond)
Tippett to GCS/Bris (Reports that Adelaide have offered almost 800k, Brisbane and Gold Coast offering 800k-850k a year for 5 years)
Otten to ? (rumours of him wanting to go to Victoria)

Brisbane
©Karnezis to Rich/Melb (Rumoured to be homesick, could be asking for a trade to a Victorian club)
*Hawksley to STK (Delisted)
Cornelius to WB/Carl
Polec to Adel (Rumoured trade bait for Tippett)

Carlton
*Thornton to GWS/WB (Quit Carlton and will be a free agent)
*Russell to Rich/Port (Quit Carlton and will be a free agent)
©Warnock to Coll/STK (Collingwood interested, rumour of him going to be traded to Saints)
Bower to GWS (Rumoured to be Delisted, Carlton fans say he is gone)
Casboult to WB (Offered a 2 year deal from the Bulldogs, Close to resigning with Carlton)
Bell to ? (Got an offer from an unnamed team)

Collingwood
Wood/Rounds to GWS (Uncontracted rumours)
Wellingham to WCE/Freo/Haw/Melb (Rumours of a possible homesickness, Collingwood have offered a deal, Melbourne offered a 3 year deal)

Essendon
Hille/Dyson/Slattery to GWS (Hille rumoured to be on the outer at Essendon, Dyson and Slattery not in contract talks)
Monfries to Port/Melb (Reports of Essendon offering a 2 year deal and Port offering a 400k a year for 4 years, Melbourne also have interested)
Gumbleton to Freo/WB (Essendon have offered a 1 year deal)
Pears to ?

Fremantle
©Silvagni to Bris/STK (Brisbane are interested)
McPharlin to GWS (Close to resigning with Freo)
Ibbotson to Carl/Ess (Father is a Carlton supporter, both clubs chasing for Ibbotson)
Clarke to Coll
Lower to STK

Geelong
Byrnes to Melb/Port (Channel 7 says Byrnes could be a free agent)
Gillies to Haw
Simpson to GWS (Rumours of him wanting out of the club)

Gold Coast
*Jolly to Adel/Port (Quit the Suns and wants to play for an SA team)
*Caddy to Ess/North/Geel (Quit the Suns and wants go home to Victoria to be with his dad who has an illness)
*Toy to WB/Carl (Quit the Suns and wants to go back to Victoria)
Hickey to STK (Is keen to move to Victoria, Saints offer 3 year deal)
Wellar to Haw/STK/Carl (Interest from both clubs)

GWS Giants
©Tyson to Rich (On The Couch say that Richmond are trying to get Tyson)
Giles to Adel/Coll (Unhappy with the deal GWS offered him and Adelaide Rate him, Collingwood interested)

Hawthorn
<>Kilkenny to Haw
Murphy/Gilham to STK (Both lacking opportunities, Saints interested)
Savage to Coll
Ellis to North/Melb
Young to GWS

Melbourne
*Moloney to Ess/Geel (Quit Melbourne and will be a free agent, Moloney wants to go to Essendon and stay in Victoria, Essendon offering a 2 year deal)
*Jarrah to Port (Quit Melbourne and will not commit to AFL until his court case has ended, Port have shown interest)
*Rivers to Geel (Quit Melbourne and will be a Free Agent, Geelong interested)
©Martin to Coll (Collingwood are interested)
©Gysberts to Geel (Reports that he is on Geelongs radar, Neeld says he will not leave)
Cook to North (Understood to be wanting out of the club, Neeld says he will stay)
Bate/Dunn to WB (Bate requested a move to the bulldogs last year, both contract talks put on hold)
Pettard to Carl (Pettard not in contract talks)
Davey to GWS (Rumours of Davey wanting out, Neeld says he will say)

North Melbourne
©Pederson to Coll (Collingwood Interested)
©McIntosh to Geel
McKinley/Warren to Melb (Both apparently are unhappy with their position at the club)
Edwards to Rich (Rumoured to be delisted and Richmond interested)

Port Adelaide
*Salopek to Melb/STK/Geel/Rich (Quit the Power and will explore Free Agency)
Jacobs to Melb (Jacobs may wanting to go home)
Chaplin/Banner/Thomas/Rodan to Rich (Richmond have interest in all players, Richmond offering 4 year deal to Chaplin)
Pearce to GWS/Syd/Melb/Adel/Coll (Rumours of Pearce thinking he is not needed at the club)

Richmond
©Cotchin to GWS (GWS threatening to take Cotchin if Richmond take Tyson)
Post to STK/Bris
Nahas to GWS

St Kilda
*Cripps to WCE/Freo (Quit St Kilda and has asked for a trade to West Coast, Freo interested)
Goddard to Ess/Freo (Reports of him wanting a 4 year deal and Saints are offering 3, Essendon offering a deal worth 800k a year for 4 years and rumoured to be close to signing with Essendon, Freo offered a 3.4mil over 4 year deal)

Sydney
Moore/Dennis-Lane/Seaby/Kennedy to GWS (According to Sydney supporters Moore wants to stay, Dennis-Lane rumour going around amongst swans fans, GWS targeting Seaby and Possibly Kennedy)
McNeil to Carl/Rich (Both clubs rumoured to be talking to the rookie listed player)

West Coast
*Stevens to Coll/Carl/StK/Ess/Melb/North/Geel/WB (Quit WCE and will weigh up his options, may want to go home to Victoria)
*Lynch to Coll/Carl (Quit WCE and will be a Free Agent, Collingwood have offered a 2 year deal and rumoured to be close to signing with Collingwood, Carlton and Melbourne also interested)

Western Bulldogs
NONE

Can the updated OP from the first thread be attached to this thread?

edit: great minds and stuff

So why do you think that Wellingham out of Pies has some Legs?

No inside word, just a gut instinct that Melbourne should be after mature midfielders with Maloney walking out and Gysberts unhappy, question marks on a few other midfielders being able to stand up to the rigours of AFL football. They must have the money (even with an $800,000 Mitch Clark there) to offer Wellingham something decent (in the vicinity of $350,000 - $400,000) to lure him across along with something to apease the Collingwood faithful. The one concern for mine is, who comes in as his replacement in the Collingwood line up? do they have any replacements? Fasolo into the midfield and play Goldsack (or whoever else) as a permanenet forward.

No inside word, just a gut instinct that Melbourne should be after mature midfielders with Maloney walking out and Gysberts unhappy, question marks on a few other midfielders being able to stand up to the rigours of AFL football. They must have the money (even with an $800,000 Mitch Clark there) to offer Wellingham something decent (in the vicinity of $350,000 - $400,000) to lure him across along with something to apease the Collingwood faithful. The one concern for mine is, who comes in as his replacement in the Collingwood line up? do they have any replacements? Fasolo into the midfield and play Goldsack (or whoever else) as a permanenet forward.

Well if that Trade is to be done then I Would think Fasolo/Seedsman can play that Role. IF this trade is to be done then I think Martin would be part of the Trade coming back our way and something extra.

Well I also on the North Board they think that is all but done deal that Pies be getting Pederson

Not sure why Collingwood would be interested but Whateley and Barrett have said Caddy has nominated Collingwood as his preferred destination. Jack Guntson Mk. 2.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

On the list, Byrnes from us will be at a new club next year, AFL or other.

Gillies is uncontracted and should walk, hasnt been picked this year when we needed to pick defenders.

Havent heard of Simpson wanting out, but again I dont blame him, hasnt been picked when there were opportunities.

Also Simon Hogan from us will go, although not sure he will get a run at another AFL club.

What chance would be the cats be in getting access to the mini draft. We have pick 15, a 1st round compo pick next year for Ablett, Dawson Simpson, Mitch Brown, Tom Gillies. Maybe GWS would like to get some ready made senior players that are still at a young age as well as some reasonable draft choices.

Lets try and keep it civil in here now guys, the old thread was getting a little out of hand, so no personal attacks will be tolerated.

Myself Chris25, Colin D'Cops and myself will be keeping a very close eye on this thread.
Any personal attacks, trolling or blatant baiting will not be tolerated, you WILL be given a holiday should you try and bend these rules.

Any ways

Sharrod Wellingham out of Collingwood may have more legs to it than what people think, and Mitch Brown I dont think will be leaving WCE unless they (Weagles) get a very, very attractive offer (mini draft pick seems highly unlikely, he is promising, but surely they will get better offers).
I think as a Cats fan. That this is the first time, in a long time Geelong will be very active during the trade period. Jarred Rivers looks certain to join the Cats and I think this will force the hand of Tom Gillies to be traded. The Gold Coast will be keen to get a good deal for Caddy and I think also the Cats are placed best to get that deal done. They could trade the Gary Ablett compensation (early first Rnd) for Caddy or First pick in draft (15) and Gillies. If the GC goes for Gillies deal that would leave the Cats still wih Ablett compo pick. GWS would love that pick, which is the only early first round pick not nominated for this years draft. Meaning GWS could use it next year and get 2 top 5 picks next year. That then puts Cats in box seat for mini draft (Jack Martin).

I think as a Cats fan. That this is the first time, in a long time Geelong will be very active during the trade period. Jarred Rivers looks certain to join the Cats and I think this will force the hand of Tom Gillies to be traded. The Gold Coast will be keen to get a good deal for Caddy and I think also the Cats are placed best to get that deal done. They could trade the Gary Ablett compensation (early first Rnd) for Caddy or First pick in draft (15) and Gillies. If the GC goes for Gillies deal that would leave the Cats still wih Ablett compo pick. GWS would love that pick, which is the only early first round pick not nominated for this years draft. Meaning GWS could use it next year and get 2 top 5 picks next year. That then puts Cats in box seat for mini draft (Jack Martin).

You think Geelong will finish bottom 4 next year? Compo picks tied to original teams finishing position. Sorry.

Where did this rumour come from UTG ?

On The Couch tonight.
Sheahan said we are heavily into a GWS top 10 pick from 2011. A few of us on the Richmond board have been DMing about it for a few weeks and it's definitely Tyson
GWS not happy and saying they will go after an uncontracted Richmond star next year (eg. Cotchin) in retaliation. Yeah, good luck with that SOS/ Gubby

Where did this rumour come from UTG ?
It was On the Coach, didn't name names just said Richmond were into a GWS top 10 pick from last year and had been mentioned on BF last week and the Giants were not happy about it and would chase after Citchin if we persist.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back