List of Trade Trade Rumours: Part II

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wellingham may be fifth best in the Collingwood side but would be one of the better mids in other sides. I think that he will really thrive if he can get a predominantly full time mid gig, has pace, hard at the ball and great over head mark.

We would take him, make no mistake. I just doubt it would be as a direct swap for Clarke. If he had to nominate a Perth club it would be WC not us.

We would take, make no mistake. I just doubt it would be as a direct swap for Clarke. If he had to nominate a Perth club it would be WC not us.
Ah ok yeah I see. Would be interesting if Wellingham does decide he wants to go home, looks unlikely at this stage but anything can happen. Also, why would he nominate WC ahead of you guys? If you can offer him some good $$ I'm sure he'd take that :p

I think WC would be happy to offer some cash to Wellingham. He's exactly what we need. Not sure what we could offer in terms of a pick.

What would neutrals think of pick 17 for Wellingham?

Whilst I'm here, what about Ash Smith? Any interest from anyone? You'd think someone would find a spot for him if he wanted to go to Victoria, he's a decent player.

Ah ok yeah I see. Would be interesting if Wellingham does decide he wants to go home, looks unlikely at this stage but anything can happen. Also, why would he nominate WC ahead of you guys? If you can offer him some good $$ I'm sure he'd take that :p

Brainwashed from an early age by our WC obsessed media over here, that's why. As for paying him more to get him here instead of WC, we did that with Hedland and we all know how that turned out.:rolleyes:

Why is that?

947025-chris-judd-adams.jpg

I think WC would be happy to offer some cash to Wellingham. He's exactly what we need. Not sure what we could offer in terms of a pick.

Whilst I'm here, what about Ash Smith? Any interest from anyone? You'd think someone would find a spot for him if he wanted to go to Victoria, he's a decent player.

posted this in the first thread a while back,

richmond made contact with his management months ago and were very interested about getting him accross,

however it seems richmond has made contact with loads of players so their interest may have died down a little?

Doubt Collingwood would get a better offer. Not sure he would like being away from the scene in melb.

They have dropped almost 5,000 members since they were in the preliminary final two years ago.

They are a flaky lot.

No doubt we struggle for members and I could handle this type of dribble from a Pies or Hawks fan but coming from a North supporter it is just petty. What was the point?

That would be very tempting for me, especially if Sharrod wants to go home.

Brainwashed from an early age by our WC obsessed media over here, that's why. As for paying him more to get him here instead of WC, we did that with Hedland and we all know how that turned out.:rolleyes:
Ahh ok and yeah doesn't always turn out great :p

posted this in the first thread a while back,

richmond made contact with his management months ago and were very interested about getting him accross,

however it seems richmond has made contact with loads of players so their interest may have died down a little?

Yeah I'm not sure. And would they need another HBF? What would his value be? About pick 40-45?

Yeah I'm not sure. And would they need another HBF? What would his value be? About pick 40-45?

watched him play some good footy last year but there are not many spots with hurn/waters down back and rosa/shuey out wide. but he likes perth (last i heard anyway) and was right into buying a house (may have done so).

i think a few clubs would be happy to give a third rounder for him, but i wouldnt think he would move to keep being a depth player, no point leaving west coast otherwise.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

But do you think 17 is overs? If North could choose between 17 and Wellingham what would you take?
Depends on who would be available at 17... if it's someone like Atley then it's overs, for someone like Urquhart then not.

Wellingham is the type of player we could use but I really worry about his kicking... we can't afford another guy in the midfield that isn't a polished finisher.

We are rumoured to be looking at Josh Toy so trading for a young rebounder does seem to be on the cards, esepcially considering Murphy is likely to slow down next year.
We have Easton Wood who rebounds in a stright line only, and JJ who has played 3 games but moves lilke Harbrow. That's it for rebounders, unless you count Howard who is no guarantee to make the grade.

What would WCE want for Ash Smith?

I really don't want to lose Smith. Has a lot of attributes that our club could use. He showed he was best 22 in 2011 when we were a top 4 side. It was simply repetitive injury that kept him out of the side this year.

He's one of those players that I don't think we'd get fair value for if he left - the likely outcome would be your pick 25 (or so)

We are rumoured to be looking at Josh Toy so trading for a young rebounder does seem to be on the cards, esepcially considering Murphy is likely to slow down next year.
We have Easton Wood who rebounds in a stright line only, and JJ who has played 3 games but moves lilke Harbrow. That's it for rebounders, unless you count Howard who is no guarantee to make the grade.

What would WCE want for Ash Smith?

I guess we would take pick 4 or 5.......

I guess we would take pick 4 or 5.......

Doubt they will trade their pick 4 given 5 is allegedly going to us for Wright and 14.

Yes but 4 is still on the table so maybe.....;)
Done. We'll give you Melbourne's pick 4 for Ash Smith.
Now we only have to distract the AFL paperwork steward...

Doubt they will trade their pick 4 given 5 is allegedly going to us for Wright and 14.
Underline, bold and put sparklers on allegedly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back