List Mgmt. List structure 2021 - how many spots do we have? (2 rookie spots available)

Remove this Banner Ad

While Beams has "announced" his retirement there's been no word (as far as I know) that he's longer our senior list. Friday might tell us a little more when the first list lodgment is done. Until we get official word from either CFC or AFL think he should remain on the list.
Re Tohill and Keane yeah seems only 1 can be classed as a Cat B. Do you have evidence that Keane is one the one who is classed as a Cat A or was this just a educated guess??

Cheers
I vaguely remember reading somewhere clarification, but it's also partly an educated guess. Category B rookies need to be promoted to the senior list to play seniors and there was no such announcement prior to Keane's debut. Either way it doesn't affect our overall list structure.

Previously category A rookies also needed promotion, but that changed for Cat A rookies a few years back.

I've done some research overnight and believe that Madgen/Appleby & Mihocek all must be upgraded to senior list if we retained them on our list as their 3 years is up.
Noble/Tohill/Keane/Wilson have 1 year left thou with John Noble as he was a mid-season rookie I wonder if AFL count 2019 as year 1??
Yep, players can only remain rookies for 3 seasons before they have to be either promoted to the senior list or delisted hence I've listed them as pending promotion. There's some chance the uncontracted Appleby is delisted, but there hasn't yet been an announcement.

So, how many places does that leave us?

Senior
1. DeGoey
2. Quaynor
3. Grundy
4. Elliott
5. T. Brown
6. Langdon
7. Pendlebury
8. Adams
9. Cameron
10. Mayne
11. C. Brown
12. Greenwood
13. Sidebottom
14. Roughead
15. Thomas
16. Crisp
17. Daicos
18. Kelly
19. Murphy
20. Moore
21. Hoskin-Elliott
22. Wills
23. Bianco
24. Rantall
25. Sier
26. Maynard
27. Howe
28. Ruscoe
29. Lynch
30. Cox
31. Mihocek (rookie promotion TBC)
32. Madgen (rookie promotion TBC)
33. Appleby (rookie promotion TBC)
34. Beams (Retired, TBC if he is senior, rookie or hopefully not listed in '21) *

Senior or Rookie
S37 or R5.
S38 or R6.

Rookies
1. Noble
2. Keane
3. Beams (Retired, TBC if he is senior, rookie or hopefully not listed in '21) *

Depends how many live picks we want at the draft or for DFA's.

If Madgen Appleby and Mihocek have to be promoted, thats potentially bad news for Appelby. Theres no room for him on the list if its cut to 36. Its a no brainer to promote Mihocek and Madgen.

Beams surely wont be on a list. Surely we just pay him out and wear the cap pain. Not sure what the rules are but it seems ridiculus that we'd need to give him a spot for salary cap purposes.

That leaves four live spots on the list but that also includes Langdon. Surely he can be delisted and rookied? That leaves up with five live picks....

The other question is Wills. We could delist him and get up to five picks. He might (and probably should) survive now given the experienced depth we have lost.

Noble could easily be promoted too but like Mihocek in recent seasons it might be more convenient to leave him where he is

So in summary....

Delist Beams Appleby and Langdon from that list above. Re-rookie Langdon. Before any trade picks , and Assuming we keep 14 and 16 and Reef goes after that that gives us.... We might pick up.....

Reef
A pick in the 60s
A DFA
One Rookie

So in summary....

Delist Beams Appleby and Langdon from that list above. Re-rookie Langdon. Before any trade picks , and Assuming we keep 14 and 16 and Reef goes after that that gives us.... We might pick up.....

Reef
A pick in the 60s
A DFA
One Rookie

I think Beams and Langdon will retire. Delist both Appleby and Wills to give more flexibility at the draft with consideration given to rookie listing one of them later for depth.

I get the sense Hine is backing himself in this draft.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

I wonder if with Beams because we have cleared off all that salary cap space, we are going to just pay off his remaining contract in one year. So suffer in 2021, to get it off the books and then basically have $2 million or so to play with at the end of next year. Would explain another reason why to hastily move the players all on this off-season, so that we had the space to pay Beams in full, get him off the list and then attack the next season.

I wonder if with Beams because we have cleared off all that salary cap space, we are going to just pay off his remaining contract in one year. So suffer in 2021, to get it off the books and then basically have $2 million or so to play with at the end of next year. Would explain another reason why to hastily move the players all on this off-season, so that we had the space to pay Beams in full, get him off the list and then attack the next season.

I’ve said all along I reckon Beams will hold out for his pay in full. Maybe that has actually happened

Keen on Brandon Matera as a dfa

Isn’t he taking up a senior spot now? Why persist with a 4th string ruck when we have such glaring needs elsewhere? Our number 1 ruck is signed up long term too

Rookie spot I thought? He’d be on base wage anyway even if it’s a senior spot.

Maybe hold for a year , see if he develops/has trade value/ moves past Cameron/see if Cox leaves.

While Beams has "announced" his retirement there's been no word (as far as I know) that he's longer our senior list. Friday might tell us a little more when the first list lodgment is done. Until we get official word from either CFC or AFL think he should remain on the list.
Re Tohill and Keane yeah seems only 1 can be classed as a Cat B. Do you have evidence that Keane is one the one who is classed as a Cat A or was this just an educated guess??

Cheers
Gaelic football association
Cut up rough
Clubs are only allowed 1 cat b from There

Keen on Brandon Matera as a dfa
Could be okay

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Better than last year
Reid
Varcoe
Dunn
Sharenburg
All never going to impact

Add Broomhead.

There is no doubt that too many of these got one extra year. Varcoe and Dunn especially should have been never given one more year. Broomhead too. Personally I have no issues with Shaz or Reid as a one last chance. But not five spots!!!!

Maybe delisting them two or three a year early, and replacing with youth, might have slightly reduced the salary cap whack that we copped at the end of the year.

Add Broomhead.

There is no doubt that too many of these got one extra year. Varcoe and Dunn especially should have been never given one more year. Broomhead too. Personally I have no issues with Shaz or Reid as a one last chance. But not five spots!!!!

Maybe delisting them two or three a year early, and replacing with youth, might have slightly reduced the salary cap whack that we copped at the end of the year.
The fact that we re-signed those 5 players would have had opposition clubs licking their lips in anticipation of a Fire sale in 2020. The writing was on the wall well before this trade period

The fact that we re-signed those 5 players would have had opposition clubs licking their lips in anticipation of a Fire sale in 2020. The writing was on the wall well before this trade period

That and the Aish fire sale that was a taste of things to come. Another player like Treloar we targeted, paid up for , and got rid of

Add Broomhead.

We also apart from those 5
Greenwood knee
Cox blind
Appleby
Langdon
Murphy still growing
And
Development
Bianco
Ruscoe
Rantall
Kelly
T brown 3 seasons of footy
Atu
Wilson
Keene
Tohill
Lynch
Pointed this out at the start of the season
That's 20

Lynch isn’t taking up any space. Persist.

While I agree in principle, this is the year to load up on late picks I think. With reduced list sizes clubs will not be taking as many draftees as usual and so much about the draftees is based on historical data/video, I'd delist all of Lynch, Wills and Appleby in the hope of unearthing that late gem. Trust the kids who haven't had the exposure to fill the depth void in the short term.

While I agree in principle, this is the year to load up on late picks I think. With reduced list sizes clubs will not be taking as many draftees as usual and so much about the draftees is based on historical data/video, I'd delist all of Lynch, Wills and Appleby in the hope of unearthing that late gem. Trust the kids who haven't had the exposure to fill the depth void in the short term.

This might depend on how many picks we end up at the pointy end of the draft and where Reef gets bit at. If we end up with enough draftees in the top 20 then we don’t need to be picking up another three at the tail.

We could have as many as four (including Reef) in the top 20 of we play our cards right from here. That might save one or two of Lynch Wills or Appleby. We will have lost a lot of depth by the time 2021 rolls around

Delist Wills and Lynch.
Mayne, Langdon, Thomas, Greenwood will all be out the door next year.
Hopefully Cox too but talk of extending him

Maybe pick up Patmore who got delisted by Port as a small forward?
The talk of extending Cox, no pun intended may have been to spread salary and reduce this years impact, may not be needed now.

This Is where the true talent scouts can earn their keep, maybe we have a few prospects that we know will be there late not on too many other Clubs radar.

I would delist Wills, he’s peaked, don’t see Appleby as a long term prospect. Lynch is a tough one, great endurance for a big guy but needs development in the VFL, you might be right.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back