News Live Pass scrapped - Kayo now sole streaming option.

Remove this Banner Ad

Kayo is poor..well it is for me..even with decent wifi speed (100mbps) it buffers and stalls regularly..support is useless..
Happened to me too. One thing that worked: wait 30 seconds to a minute after the bounce and start your streaming from the start (NOT LIVE).

You're a smidge behind the broadcast, but no buffering.

My one complaint about Foxtel Go is that it is a massive data hog. Uses over 1gb every hour.

I very rarely use it while using my own data. I might watch a quarter of footy while travelling from site to camp on a bus using my own data and I watch F1 using the camp wifi. Runs without trouble for me 100% of the time.

I find using the IOS app rubbish due resolution changing/buffering but using the Ipad and PC on it's actual website functions as it should with good speed of internet.

I find using the IOS app rubbish due resolution changing/buffering but using the Ipad and PC on it's actual website functions as it should with good speed of internet.

Similar, Kayo on my phone and tablet stutters every 15 seconds or so, but on my laptop or TV app it is terrific.

Bumping an old thread but have just gone to cancel my livepass deal as the 12 months is up soon only to find another telstra deal added to make it $15 a month for the year, anyone know if this is an extension of the livepass or have I stumbled onto it from some other means.

Also reminders to anyone who only wanted to pay $5 a month to cancel now

Bumping an old thread but have just gone to cancel my livepass deal as the 12 months is up soon only to find another telstra deal added to make it $15 a month for the year, anyone know if this is an extension of the livepass or have I stumbled onto it from some other means.

The good thing about the old system was that you could watch AFL unmetred, which is such an important thing. Kayo is metred though and it eats through data so not only do you have to pay for Kayo but you also need to pay for a much bigger data limit to actually watch the AFL on your phone or tablet.

I wouldn't pay for Kayo with the current state of the AFL

Last few season it's been pretty crap viewing. Not worth the investment until Covid is 100% gone. Wonder how many players will get Covid this year and have to isolate. Need to have the best players out there while the game is struggling at the moment. There is not enough superstar players in the comp as a whole to help promote it and keep it exciting for everyone.

Last edited:
I wouldn't pay for Kayo with the current state of the AFL

Last few season it's been pretty crap viewing. Not worth the investment until Covid is 100% gone. Wonder how many players will get Covid this year and have to isolate. Need to have the best players out there while the game is struggling at the moment. There is not enough superstar players in the comp as a whole to help promote it and keep it exciting for everyone.

I disagree, last season was fantastic 🙂

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not sure cancelling is a good idea. Spurred by this I looked at my Kayo sub and saw the below
kayo.png
Clicking on it, yes there was an option to 'upgrade' to premium at $15 a month, but it looks like you can stay at $5 a month on the basic plan. So my assumption is that if you want to keep the $5 a month subscription - then don't do anything! But as always, check for yourself.

The good thing about the old system was that you could watch AFL unmetred
And the bad thing was that you couldn't cast to a TV so you had to watch on a tiny screen plus it was a bit of an unreliable service. Given the trade off and the fact that I usually have large amounts of unused data capacity, much happier with the new arrangement

And the bad thing was that you couldn't cast to a TV so you had to watch on a tiny screen plus it was a bit of an unreliable service. Given the trade off and the fact that I usually have large amounts of unused data capacity, much happier with the new arrangement
Absolutely no contest. Every game available on any device. A lot of plans have heaps of data anyway.

I disagree, last season was fantastic
Delusional Demon fans. Last year was one of the worst overall seasons on record. The whole comp now is vanilla. Hardly any superstars. One thing is for sure is the Demons of last year would get destroyed against any premiership side in the early part of 2000s. The fact Demons even won with that list shows just how low the standard of sides have dropped.

For a spectator point of view the games fallen a lot over the years. Most games are boring to watch with rule changes taking the fun out of the game and the AFL as a whole has hardly any superstars. Probally could count on one hand the superstar players you can market the game too.

Dustin Martin
Bont
Petrecca

I'm actually struggling after that to name another superstar player of today who you would say to someone new to the game. "Hey watch this" Doesn't scream excitement for the future of the game when you struggling to name 5 superstars of the game.

Sent from my CPH2025 using Tapatalk

Delusional Demon fans. Last year was one of the worst overall seasons on record. The whole comp now is vanilla. Hardly any superstars. One thing is for sure is the Demons of last year would get destroyed against any premiership side in the early part of 2000s. The fact Demons even won with that list shows just how low the standard of sides have dropped.

For a spectator point of view the games fallen a lot over the years. Most games are boring to watch with rule changes taking the fun out of the game and the AFL as a whole has hardly any superstars. Probally could count on one hand the superstar players you can market the game too.

Dustin Martin
Bont
Petrecca

I'm actually struggling after that to name another superstar player of today who you would say to someone new to the game. "Hey watch this" Doesn't scream excitement for the future of the game when you struggling to name 5 superstars of the game.

Go and watch Max Gawn's prelim final highlights and get back to me.

Yeah exactly, anyone paying extra for Telstra deserves what they get (unless it is your only option in remote/regional areas).
Not too valid an argument any more, some MVNO's like aldimobile get the coverage of Telstra at non-Telstra prices.

Not sure cancelling is a good idea. Spurred by this I looked at my Kayo sub and saw the below
View attachment 1321530
Clicking on it, yes there was an option to 'upgrade' to premium at $15 a month, but it looks like you can stay at $5 a month on the basic plan. So my assumption is that if you want to keep the $5 a month subscription - then don't do anything! But as always, check for yourself.
Thats exactly what I found on my account and was posting about, you'll find that it's a $15 a month offer instead though (mine expires this month and shows next bill as $15)

So good to see they have extended it a year albeit at an extra $10

Thats exactly what I found on my account and was posting about, you'll find that it's a $15 a month offer instead though (mine expires this month and shows next bill as $15)
The kayo site is very misleading - with another payment of $5 to and clicking on the pending Telstra offer also saying $5, I was expecting $5. This Kayo Sports Subscription from Telstra suggests otherwise. Still it appears that you can cancel at any time without having to pay out the term of the contract

Kayo have been bleeding money for months now, owned by the same crooks who own Telstra, this is hardly surprising.

Will subscribe for NBL, (got NBA League pass now), AFL, NFL and various European soccer leagues, but it's definitely not as good or essential as it once was.

Dustin Martin
Bont
Petrecca

Your team was half of 2 of the worst grand finals in 05 and 06. Boring matches saved by close margins. And no chance those 2 teams get within 5 goals of 2021s Melbourne team.

Remove this Banner Ad

News Live Pass scrapped - Kayo now sole streaming option.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back