How do you pass the time waiting for September?

Remove this Banner Ad

Hulk Hogan Wrestling GIF

When your team is dominating, clearly the best in the business, a lock for a dream September run, and all the games between now and September feel like dead rubbers, how do you stay interested in footy?

I'm feeling like one of my hobbies has been taken away. Football just seems a touch boring. It's all just so predictable. Doesn't seem to matter who, what or where, the results just all seem to go the same way.

I'd like to hear from the Geelong fans about how they felt in their premiership window. Richmond fans too. And maybe Essendon fans if they can remember what it was like in 2000. How did you guys cope?

Collingwood fans need not reply.
screenshot-www.afl.com.au-2024.08.11-15_44_55.png

(Log in to remove this ad.)

kreuze_missile said Geelong would struggle to win another game mid season and declared Carlton certainties for the flag.

Not quite as chirpy in the weeks since.

It's a shame, he used to be quite a character.

Carlton fans got way ahead of themselves! When they beat an out of form Gelong back in Round 15 they were all acting like the Premiership was in the bag the amount of 'Flaggers' I was hearing after the match :tearsofjoy:. Let this be a lesson to all you Carlton fans in future don't get ahead of yourselves it always comes back to bite.

So that's zero top 4 H&A finishes in the last 24 seasons (and only one in the last 29: 2000). 2011 is the only time since 2000 that they've comfortably qualified for September a couple weeks out.

Remove this Banner Ad

How do you pass the time waiting for September?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back