liveafl.tv + internet radio links + anything relating to vewing/listening to games MEGA THREAD

Remove this Banner Ad

Did I imagine it or was there a thread on here about liveafl.tv that just disappeared?

Some people were going to report on the quality. I know yesterday's game wasn't available in the UK or US but someone in Europe must have watched it.

MODS, these are not illegal streams being discussed here but an AFL sanctioned subscription service.

Re: liveafl.tv

Yeah, it wasn't too bad actually. I've got a 42" LCD attached to my media PC and I watched it full screen and I can remember 3 or 4 very brief glitches during the first qtr and half.

haven't seen a live stream yet but unfortunately the replays on LIVEAFL are in the wrong aspect ratio. they are taking a 4:3 image and their player (which can't be adjusted) stretches it to 16:9. I've emailed them about it - particularly because replays of the same matches are available on ESPN3 in full 16:9 (ie, not stretched) - but their customer service people don't seem to understand what I'm talking about.

maybe they can email their broadcast partner ESPN and ask them how its done? ;)

So, does that mean it is the same as game analyser? Or better?

I need someone to compare year on year - because some people can put up with any piece of crap quality - which I can not.

Liveafl.tv is no longer available to us in New Zealand?! NOOOOooooo......!! Looks like they cut it off about a week ago, anyone else in NZ feeling the pain? Why oh why is NZ restricted now?

I've found LiveAFL's service to be a bit of a pain in the neck - $100 a year doesn't sound like much, but the streaming quality isn't great and there have been multiple occasions where it has glitched and I haven't been able to watch games, with no reason given.

Just wish the coverage here in the US wasn't so lacking, especially now that it has switched to Fox Soccer instead of ESPN. I still don't understand why ESPN has not agree to carry games on one of their channels, given the following the VFL attracted in the 80s.

I'm considering subscribing to this service as I'll be travelling overseas when the Foxtel exclusive games are on. Don't ask me how, it's interwebs magic. ;) :cool:

My only concern is whether they ask for personal residence details when signing up? I hope it's just credit card details and nothing else.

Is Paypal available?

Yeah they do paypal. Don't remember about address details... just make it up.

looks like its the same service that does the A-League, AFC Champions league and a few others. Worked quite well when I was using it for the A-League, the odd game did seem to stutter.

I found its much better than say watching it on the Australian Channel in Asia, as they would show games 20-30 minutes delayed, even the grand final.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Re: Tunein radio links?

and if anyone finds the direct radio links and could tell me how to install them into tunein, that would be even better!

with that said, i'm pretty happy with the AFL app having the radio coverage for free - it's pretty much the same as using tunein anyway. but the fact that they offer it means there must be a link available to have it all in the same place.

Having trouble getting the Freo Geelong game. Also the quality is much worse this year

X2

I was watching gcs v crows and the quality was much better last year. In fact during 2011 i thought the service was pretty good. Lets hope its round 1 teething problems.

the streams on the AFL app are ridiculous far behind sometimes.

i flicked it onto MMM yesterday through AFLs app for Melbourne vs Brisbane, it was a good 30 seconds behind.

i don't know enough about the technology to know why it's so far behind, but it's really not good enough - it's absolutely useless if you're at the game.

Last years were working for me a few days back.

Same for me, although I will admit I've tried using 3 of the radio stations so far. These are the links I used last year.

SEN
mms://wm9.streaming.telstra.com/ucs-wh_afl0live1

ABC
mms://wm9.streaming.telstra.com/ucs-wh_afl0live2

3AW
mms://wm9.streaming.telstra.com/ucs-wh_afl0live5

TRIPLE M MELBOURNE
mms://wm9.streaming.telstra.com/ucs-wh_afl0live12

6PR PERTH
mms://wm9.streaming.telstra.com/ucs-wh_afl0live4

5AA ADELAIDE
mms://wm9.streaming.telstra.com/ucs-wh_afl0live3

TRIPLE M SYDNEY
mms://wm9.streaming.telstra.com/ucs-wh_afl0live11

GOLD FM GOLD COAST
mms://wm9.streaming.telstra.com/ucs-wh_afl0live7

The AFL Live App is unmetered content if you're on the Telstra Mobile Network, which is a big plus.

Remove this Banner Ad

liveafl.tv + internet radio links + anything relating to vewing/listening to games MEGA THREAD

Remove this Banner Ad

Back