Lloyd vs Fevola

Who was better?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Ok then, we'll ignore their first 2 years. Buddy 79.8 goals a year (avg 3.7), Lloyd 86.8 (avg 3.9). Point once more proven, Franklin is tracking very similarly to what Lloyd was at the same period in his career. In fact Lloyd was a whole year younger when he debuted, so technically was well ahead of Buddy. And lets be frank, Buddy's 2009 and 2010 were good, but nothing to write home about. 2008 and 2011 are a different story entirely.

Back on topic, Lloyd v Fev...discuss...

He was an AA CHF in 2010, who averaged 18 possessions a game and 3.6 goals a game :confused: If any other forward did that, people would be raving about what a great season they had. In fact Jack Riewoldt averaged 12 possessions a game and 3.6 goals a game that year and I bet you thought he had a great year yeah? Well Franklin led Riewoldt in nearly every statistical category that year and was comfortably a top 10 player in the comp.

And no, you just can't go on goals, as they play different positions, and games are more defensive and lower scoring these days.

He was an AA CHF in 2010, who averaged 18 possessions a game and 3.6 goals a game :confused: If any other forward did that, people would be raving about what a great season they had. In fact Jack Riewoldt averaged 12 possessions a game and 3.6 goals a game that year and I bet you thought he had a great year yeah? Well Franklin led Riewoldt in nearly every statistical category that year and was comfortably a top 10 player in the comp.

And no, you just can't go on goals, as they play different positions, and games are more defensive and lower scoring these days.

If you read the other Lloyd thread, footy is exactly the same as when Peter McKenna played. I was educated by a muppet and feel dumber for the experience.

As for this discussion, the stats I posted earlier clearly show that Lloyd and Franklin's first 7 seasons are very similar in terms of goals and disposals. There was every reason to think Lloyd would play another 8-10 seasons and maintain similar numbers throughout. If Buddy has a good run, he may go on to have a better career than Lloyd, but he isn't blowing him out of the water just yet and I seriously doubt he'll kick another 500 goals within the next 3 years.

PS Stop hijacking the thread :D

If you read the other Lloyd thread, footy is exactly the same as when Peter McKenna played. I was educated by a muppet and feel dumber for the experience.

As for this discussion, the stats I posted earlier clearly show that Lloyd and Franklin's first 7 seasons are very similar in terms of goals and disposals. There was every reason to think Lloyd would play another 8-10 seasons and maintain similar numbers throughout. If Buddy has a good run, he may go on to have a better career than Lloyd, but he isn't blowing him out of the water just yet and I seriously doubt he'll kick another 500 goals within the next 3 years.

PS Stop hijacking the thread :D

Haha fair deuce. I just have a big man crush on Buddy Franklin obviously.

Fev, by the Flemington straight.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lloyd.

You can talk all you want about how good Fev would have been in a better team. The reality is he wasn't in a better team and didn't produce as much as Lloyd. I will also tend to go for a premiership player given winning a flag is what it's all about.

Cameron Mooney - 3 flags
Tony Lockett - 0 flags

Ha ha ha.... I remember this same poll three or four years ago, and I had an almost endless stream of Carlton supporters who swore it was Fevola because of every ridiculous reason you could think of.

It was as ridiculous then as it is now - Fevola wasn't half the footballer Lloyd was, and coupled with that was his toxic presence at clubs.

Lloyd by an unholy distance, and a big one finger salute to every douche that tried arguing otherwise.

Watched them both, and they are both amazing, but here is the thing. Both played on teams that were on the opposite sides of the ladder.

Lloyd beats Fev in stats BUT Fev with the team he was on and still dominated backmen in his prime of his career is something we need to notice.

Fevola is a forward who can do anything from anywhere. He was as good a kick from outside 50m than anyone and his also as good as any small forward when pressured, something Lloyd didnt have as locked down as well.

Lloyd is a tradional great forward, with his marking, leads and set shots, Fevola was a forward that not only excelled the tradional forward traits, but he will kick a goal on his back and impossible angles.

For me, my vote goes to Fevola because he was capable of more things on the field and did it all on a lesser side. Swap the two forwards around and i cant see Lloyd being as good playing for Carlton but i see Fevola being heaps better playing for Essendon at those times.

Remove this Banner Ad

Lloyd vs Fevola

Back