Discussion Local clubs adopting AFL club logos

Remove this Banner Ad

Found a few Lions clones...

Eastern Lions, EFL
951717_1_S.jpg

header-22-ricky.jpg

Highfields FC, AFL Darling Downs
HIGHFIELDSFC.jpg

Hobart Tigers, TSL - briefly known as the Lions (2003)
hobartlogo01.jpg

South Morang FC, NFL
1783683_1_T.jpg

Cairns City Lions, AFL Cairns
1610926_1_O.jpg

Suncoast Lions, QSL
suncoast-lions-football-clu.jpg

Caboolture Lions now Moreton Bay Lions

Cairns Saints
BITS Saints

Manunda Hawks
Townsville Uni Hawks
Mackay Hawks

Thuringowa Bulldogs

Hermit Park Tigers

Sorry about the necro bump but this is a great topic.

Weren't they the Brisbane ressies, just based on the Sunshine Coast?

Yes, but after the QAFL lost Maroochydore Roos they decided they needed a presence on the Coast thus the Suncoast Lions was born.

The South East Queensland has been chopping and changing around for the past 20 year and isn't stable yet.

Bloody drives me nuts that they use AFL logos. In our league there's richmond, melbourne, west coast, roos rip offs. One teams the swallows so they're unique and I did ours so its different too.

Bloody drives me nuts that they use AFL logos. In our league there's richmond, melbourne, west coast, roos rip offs. One teams the swallows so they're unique and I did ours so its different too.

Sunraysia?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My local comp has a few unique club logos...

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    30.6 KB · Views: 14
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    21.3 KB · Views: 17
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    19.5 KB · Views: 18
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    16.5 KB · Views: 12
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    34.6 KB · Views: 14
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.5 KB · Views: 15
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    9.8 KB · Views: 13
This thread could now turn into a thread to praise those clubs with original logos. This could also benefit those designers on this site as this site would be a destination to find designers of original logos for their clubs. So praise those clubs that go out on a limb and adopt their own logo because the next one that could be praised is one that you design.

Also want to add TheCounts design for the Yeoman Football Club logo which won the contests to design a new logo for the club but didn't become the new club logo. I have also included to the right of TheCount's design the purposed former but still current logo of Yeoman.

If contests like this are set up they should start now, for a logo to be used in 2017. This would allow time for the changes to be made to include the change in logo. I was noted in the thread the TheCount refused to except the $30 prize, instead leaving it with the club.

Remember that the current Western Bulldogs logo was seen on this site during 2013 but it didn't become the club's logo until last year. It takes that long for professional football clubs to make the change, it may take volunteers longer to do it.

5wJ6EML.jpg

Also want to add TheCounts design for the Yeoman Football Club logo which won the contests to design a new logo for the club but didn't become the new club logo. I have also included to the right of TheCount's design the purposed former but still current logo of Yeoman.

If contests like this are set up they should start now, for a logo to be used in 2017. This would allow time for the changes to be made to include the change in logo. I was noted in the thread the TheCount refused to except the $30 prize, instead leaving it with the club.

Remember that the current Western Bulldogs logo was seen on this site during 2013 but it didn't become the club's logo until last year. It takes that long for professional football clubs to make the change, it may take volunteers longer to do it.

5wJ6EML.jpg

I'm actually hoping to get the ok to start a thread the update/re design my clubs logo in the coming weeks....to be used from 2017

5wJ6EML.jpg
Nah it doesn't take that long... its just that committees tend to change every year and some old members just don't see the point in changing their image.

Love it when local clubs put the effort into logos. There would be a lot out there better than most AFL logos

Liking that kangaroo in freo colours it works

Remove this Banner Ad

Discussion Local clubs adopting AFL club logos

Remove this Banner Ad

Back