Local Geelong Leagues Thread (GFL/BFL/GDFL)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
R.e wasnt mctaggert one of your best players?

Got potential but isnt one of ocean grove's better players, wasnt in the top 10 b&f...
We played the kids this year, had a couple of old heads for experience but would hav been the youngest team in the bfl.
Dave Cameron is young and will bring height n premiership experience.
Who are the players leaving Beyond50?
All i know is the main players have signed?

Any other news or rumours circling the bfl?

R.e wasnt mctaggert one of your best players?

Got potential but isnt one of ocean grove's better players, wasnt in the top 10 b&f...
We played the kids this year, had a couple of old heads for experience but would hav been the youngest team in the bfl.
Dave Cameron is young and will bring height n premiership experience.
Who are the players leaving Beyond50?
All i know is the main players have signed?

Any other news or rumours circling the bfl?
i disagree on one part, mctaggart was a good player for og, and was easliy in there top ten players, maybe not on b&f. but i do agree with you, ocean grove should win the flag this year

i meant it for drago.he is full of himself.
He obviously has a prob, with BPH, as he has canned 'em all year.
in actual fact i think he is scared of them

Interesting to see in the colac herald that the tigers are going to lose dan casey and andrew kelly to the cdfl as coaches, sam mcguane and shane theodore overseas, and possibly jason mcnamara for personal committments.
i wonder how this will affect them this season or whether they do as they have in recent years and bring players across from thier breeding ground the cdfl and continue their recent suceessful promotion of their juniors from the under 18s?

Heard a rumor that Thomson have spoke to at least 5 players from Newcomb, they are all around the 20 year olds, they have signed at least 2 and will be talking to at least another 5, that will leave a big hole at Newcomb if they all decide to play at Thomson, but will make Thomson fairly strong, most of these guys played some senior games at Newcomb during the year.

Heard a rumor that Thomson have spoke to at least 5 players from Newcomb, they are all around the 20 year olds, they have signed at least 2 and will be talking to at least another 5, that will leave a big hole at Newcomb if they all decide to play at Thomson, but will make Thomson fairly strong, most of these guys played some senior games at Newcomb during the year.

who is it that you are talking about tommytiger, sounds like you have a fair idea? when u say some senior games that doesnt sound to overly convincing for them to walk into tomsons team and make them fairly strong if they were only fringe players at newcomb?

With everybody apparently leaving Newcomb, will I even have a team to play for in 2008? Anybody who has spoken to football club people let me know please - I would also like to know who Thommy has spoken to

who is it that you are talking about tommytiger, sounds like you have a fair idea? when u say some senior games that doesnt sound to overly convincing for them to walk into tomsons team and make them fairly strong if they were only fringe players at newcomb?

Watched a few of Thomsons senior games last year and you wouldn't have to be a star to get into that side. The players from Newcomb were in there best players in seconds most of the season, also watched they play a few games last season and they would play seniors at Thomson, watch this space.

With everybody apparently leaving Newcomb, will I even have a team to play for in 2008? Anybody who has spoken to football club people let me know please - I would also like to know who Thommy has spoken to

They will have a side allthough not a very stong one by rumours going around, spoke to different people that know whats happening at various clubs, watch this space.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I have said this before about Newcomb. When you go and buy premierships like Newcomb have (and good on them) eventually you pay a price down the track.

They have no U 18 side and if they start to lose players like it appears they are things will go downhill pretty quickly.

I fear Newcomb may pay the price for going for a quick fix.

what is it? clues? does it happen to be that Queenscliff FC applied for affiliation with the GDFL? or am i way of the mark?

The Drysdale boys have been doing their recruiting prospects no favours. Lets say some of them didnt take to one of the new recruits too well on saturday night.

Looking for a change in your football environment? Donvale Football Club, a proud and successful First Division Club, located in the very strong Eastern Football League is looking for players.

We offer fantastic facilities, employment opportunities as well as excellent remuneration for the right personnel.

Please contact Football Manager Peter Clarke on 0411 516 464 for further details.

The Drysdale boys have been doing their recruiting prospects no favours. Lets say some of them didnt take to one of the new recruits too well on saturday night.

I don't know about the incident your talking about Juddster but in relation to the recruitments, I heard Gage wants to to return to Thomson after signing on with Drysdale.

lets be honest geelong west st peters will be the benchmark in 2008

While Geelong West St Peters may be an improved side i cant see how a team that failed to make the finals last year will be the benchmark the next year.

South Barwon are the benchmark no doubt. They will still take some topping next year.

Wait till West win or actually make the finals before we mention the word benchmark and them in the same sentence.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back