Local Geelong Leagues Thread (GFL/BFL/GDFL)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The jury is defintely not out on Gillo. He is not only a great footballer (will be an excellent player gfl level) but there is no better bloke playing local footy.
People forget that Gilham was a very good player at VFL level before he ventured overseas and basically did what he liked at gdfl football.

West Saints will love Gillo and the players will work hard for him there is no doubt about that....

Your not "Gillo" are you KOOLEY???? Or is he your lover? you ***! mate. you need to get a life or a job. you put way too many post on this site!!!

Seriously though, West will improve but the jury is out on them and there coach?? been a long time since the club looked strong onfield and off the field!! Goodluck to them!!!

Newtown signed ex afl player - Jeremy Humm from West coast eagles/east perth & Richmond/coburg

Should be very handy for the eagles in 07

Your not "Gillo" are you KOOLEY???? Or is he your lover? you ***! mate. you need to get a life or a job. you put way too many post on this site!!!

Seriously though, West will improve but the jury is out on them and there coach?? been a long time since the club looked strong onfield and off the field!! Goodluck to them!!!
I was responding to someone asking whether the jury was out on Gillo or not. I responded by saying he is a great player and a top bloke and you come the conclusion that i must be a ***!!

You sound like a homophobic supertown??

Do you know you can get help for this??

Chris Gilham comes from the worst league in geelong and hasnt played at a higher standard for a long time! your kidding yourself if he walks into the GFL'S top 5 players! He will be lucky to make team of the year! You only have two players from last years finals team in there!
You sound a jealous loser as well. Do you feel threatened by new players coming into the GFL?

Newtown signed ex afl player - Jeremy Humm from West coast eagles/east perth & Richmond/coburg

Should be very handy for the eagles in 07

Interesting cos it was rumoured early pre-season that he was heading to St. Mary's this year. Good get for Newtown...

I have heard good things about Darrly. HAs he previously coached GFL?

Is the jury out on Gilham at a higher level? Is he out at west this year and how do you think he will go with the big recruits they have gained?

He coached st albans a few years ago he went there as assistant and simpson walked out so darryl took the job as coach they were a very young side they didnt do that well on the ladder but im sure the young guys wouldve learnt a fair bit of him. He also coached interleague in gdfl a couple of times.

You sound a jealous loser as well. Do you feel threatened by new players coming into the GFL?

jealous loser? homophobe? i wont sit by and watch supertown be battered around by u low life gdfl scumbags...

supertown is going through a tough time at the minute and is under a lot of pressure to perform this season so dont make it harder for him...

i'm backing you supertown, stick it up em mate!!!

Top 3 coaches BFL

Heath Mooney (Ammos)
Simon Sutterby (Newcomb)

Struggle for more than that. But there have been some great past coaches.
Brendan McCartney
Mark Neeld
Haami Williams
Peter Hanson

Sutterby would have to be one of the worst speakers going around. Terrible. The cattle you have really does help. Sutterby and Haami Williams the years they won the flag would not have mattered who coached those sides.

Whats wrong with Werribee Centrals, I used like umpiring there, since they have done the renovations its mad as, besides the fact that u have to travel a fair way....

I was played there a couple of times in the early 90's and it always felt like a dump of a joint.

And as someone stated, windy.

Hammi williams i dont think is a great coach as he has had super teams.
Mooney yes as his side didnt have a great team last year and made a prelim.

Sutterby another who had a super team and if they didnt win a flag should of been sacked, i think his coaching ability came out in the 2006 Grand Final.

What about sproul (Ocean Grove) didnt have a great side and could of took it out if they had of won the elimiation final.

Skrobolak: 2 gf in 2 years with 1 flag. First coach to come from 5th ever.
Brad Davis: Moda would have one of the worst list in the comp but seem to finish just out of the finals and beat top sides.

Hammi williams and Simon Sutterby dont rate with these guys

Im not in love like Kooley must be but have to agree that Gilham did dominate the gdfl over the last few years, not so much this year like the others he played but to say the Jury is out on his ability is silly and another example of any GFL person not rating anyone to play a season or two in the gdfl. If fit (looked overweight in 06) will be a very good GFL player, if the burden of coaching an ordinary side does not get the better of him. Lets not start the GDFL vs GFL again supertown he will go well in your League.

Im not in love like Kooley must be but have to agree that Gilham did dominate the gdfl over the last few years, not so much this year like the others he played but to say the Jury is out on his ability is silly and another example of any GFL person not rating anyone to play a season or two in the gdfl. If fit (looked overweight in 06) will be a very good GFL player, if the burden of coaching an ordinary side does not get the better of him. Lets not start the GDFL vs GFL again supertown he will go well in your League.

Each is entitled to there opinion.... this had nothing to do with gdfl v gfl. He could have come from any sub standard competition and i would say exactly the same! He has to prove himself again at a higher level, which in my terms i believe the jury is out on him and his squad! not bagging the guy and never seen him before but to imagine a guy is going to dominate a comp while coaching and beinig as you put it "looked overweight in 06" is a huge call when he is coming up against quality every week this year!
Guy or girl what ever Kooley is? need to get there head out of his arse and realise he is taking a massive step playing and coaching in 07!!!
Jury is definately out! Time will tell and Good luck to the bloke!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hammi williams i dont think is a great coach as he has had super teams.
Mooney yes as his side didnt have a great team last year and made a prelim.

Sutterby another who had a super team and if they didnt win a flag should of been sacked, i think his coaching ability came out in the 2006 Grand Final.

What about sproul (Ocean Grove) didnt have a great side and could of took it out if they had of won the elimiation final.

Skrobolak: 2 gf in 2 years with 1 flag. First coach to come from 5th ever.
Brad Davis: Moda would have one of the worst list in the comp but seem to finish just out of the finals and beat top sides.

Hammi williams and Simon Sutterby dont rate with these guys

I agree with you about Williams and Sutterby. Skrobolak had the list and depth that most coaches would dream of so. I have heard him speak a few times and didn't think much of him. Matt Sproule has done a very good job with a young list. Brad Davis has also done a good job out at modda and by all reports they will improve again. If you are talking about coaches with average lists then you would have to include Queenscliffs Steve Clark. Took over when the club was in all sorts and had to rebuild with local kids whom he had coached in the 18's the year before and made the finals for first time in about 15 years. Improved every year and made finals. 4 other years finished outside finals by % or only 1 game. 2005 finished with 11 wins and missed finals. Should have left at the end of that year but was talked into doing it again when he knows he shoudn't have. Now at St Albans and by all reports they a very happy with him. Heath Mooney is very underated and was always going to be hard coming in after successful years. He has done vry well

Not sure Steve Clarke is a great coach. i agree with you on Brad davis and sproule doing well with there lists. Brad davis has a huge job this year as they have been there and abouts for a few years now but it must be a headache trying to recruit quality players out onto the farm at moda.

Who is the tip for the BFL in 2007?

Not sure Steve Clarke is a great coach. i agree with you on Brad davis and sproule doing well with there lists. Brad davis has a huge job this year as they have been there and abouts for a few years now but it must be a headache trying to recruit quality players out onto the farm at moda.

Not saying steve clark is a great coach but what you are saying about brad davis is exactly what clark had to deal with. Queenscliff are not a rich club and are the last club down the highway so recruiting would be no easier than modda. Probably harder. Clark may have made a rod for his own back by staying at Queenscliff. We went after him pretty hard 2 years ago but he would not leave queenscliff because he had already committed to them. I think you will find he is rated fairly highly in coaching circles but staying at queenscliff may have hurt him. You make a good point and I agree. I just think circumstances are similar.

Each is entitled to there opinion.... this had nothing to do with gdfl v gfl. He could have come from any sub standard competition and i would say exactly the same! He has to prove himself again at a higher level, which in my terms i believe the jury is out on him and his squad! not bagging the guy and never seen him before but to imagine a guy is going to dominate a comp while coaching and beinig as you put it "looked overweight in 06" is a huge call when he is coming up against quality every week this year!
Guy or girl what ever Kooley is? need to get there head out of his arse and realise he is taking a massive step playing and coaching in 07!!!
Jury is definately out! Time will tell and Good luck to the bloke!

Are you suggesting that the GFL does not contain any ordinary sides? I can't recall St Albans or Lara winning too many games over the last couple of years.

G'day my little warring buddy, I think that Anglesea, with a full list to choose from will give it a shake.

I would suggest with the quality of player that Drysedale have picked up they will give it a shke.
Ocean grove would have been a good chance but from all reports have lost some.
How will torquay go defending there flag? Are they underdogs? You would think with x GFL players they may be a chance.

I just flicked through a few posts, it seems your very protective of the GFL tomma. It maybe time for you to take the blinkers off, and experience a different scene so as your findings are not so biased>

i've heard off a number of sources that there is divide amongst the grovedale camp at the moment. can anyone confirm this? surely he can't be any worse than bluey

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back