Local Geelong Leagues Thread (GFL/BFL/GDFL)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back page story in the Addy about how it was going to be his last season of footy because of career ending shoulder problems.

Clearance from Simpson has been lodged.
Simpson are happy to see the back of him along with a few of the other boys that have gone to Modda. Would only hope they are not paying Sweeney has he will be spending alot of games in the 2nds he just cant play

thats right reid has not played for modda as far as i know played for south barwon, then went to winchelsea, went back to south barwon and then back to winchelsea.

Yeah, I must be confusing him with someone else...my bad...apologies for mentioning he played with either Ammos or Modda.

surely jack bolton won't play this year. the way i took that article was one more serious bump to it and that was it. why would you want him if you were modda. can rely on strapping heavily every game. i guess time will tell.

surely jack bolton won't play this year. the way i took that article was one more serious bump to it and that was it. why would you want him if you were modda. can rely on strapping heavily every game. i guess time will tell.

im good mates with bolts and he said he will have a run around in the ressies for the 1st game at modda to see how his shoulder goes and if it goes good he will be lookin to play seniors in the next few games...
good player when he didnt hav the shoulder problems

oh yeah top player for sure. saw a bit of him at joeys and impressed. just hope the shoulder holds up thats all.

drysdale looking good.couple of recruits? Tony Costa from gwsp will be handy. did they also get thompsons ruck? any other big names into the bfl/gfl this year. haven't heard too much.

oh yeah top player for sure. saw a bit of him at joeys and impressed. just hope the shoulder holds up thats all.

drysdale looking good.couple of recruits? Tony Costa from gwsp will be handy. did they also get thompsons ruck? any other big names into the bfl/gfl this year. haven't heard too much.
Costa will be an excellent BFL player. Great skills, big motor and can snag a goal. Ex-GWSP captain and played a season for Werribee Reserves in VFL. Wish him luck along with another ex-Rooster Ryan Healy.

Lets talk footy then. Got any news on 2008? Been getting any quaddies??

Bono, where have you've been lately? Doing live aid concerts for Afghan refugees maybe? On page 43 of todays Addy I think North Shore president Dave Milsun was having a sublte crack at you with one of his quotes.

Lara have done some recruiting.. they probably lead the stakes at this stage in terms of quality to the club.

Patrick, Mountjoy, Page and Clark all will play a part. Not sure about ANDJELKOVIC. Dunno how he goes but the name rings a bell.

And this Closter from Darley was playing for werribee last year i believe.. and he definitely can play.

Is this there full hand of cards or are there more recruits to come out at cat-land??

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lara have done some recruiting.. they probably lead the stakes at this stage in terms of quality to the club.

Patrick, Mountjoy, Page and Clark all will play a part. Not sure about ANDJELKOVIC. Dunno how he goes but the name rings a bell.

And this Closter from Darley was playing for werribee last year i believe.. and he definitely can play.

Is this there full hand of cards or are there more recruits to come out at cat-land??

They are well equipped with small to medium sized players, but are a couple of talls short of being a finals side in my opinion.

Why hasnt there been more spoken about this? This guy is a gun isn't he? Will dominate the GFL.
My spies tell me he was very close to heading to the East eagles in the GDFL, imagine if that deal had gone through.

I was wondering the exact same thing. Cook played for Grovie a couple of years ago i think and is an absolute gun, who knows how to throw a right and left hook too. Would be a superb pick up for newtown, as they are from what i know, without a ruck and midfield. so cook would take humm or mcvilly's spot.

i havn't seen any transfers involving newtown players or newtown gaining players? does this mean they will all be coming back in a couple of years. or have they just not organised clearances and stuff yet?

andjelkovic can play has been first ruck for both north shore and north geelong and can also play as a key forward or defender. pretty handy pick up for them. lara look the goods on paper will be interesting to see how they all gell together once the season starts.

I was wondering the exact same thing. Cook played for Grovie a couple of years ago i think and is an absolute gun, who knows how to throw a right and left hook too. Would be a superb pick up for newtown, as they are from what i know, without a ruck and midfield. so cook would take humm or mcvilly's spot.

i havn't seen any transfers involving newtown players or newtown gaining players? does this mean they will all be coming back in a couple of years. or have they just not organised clearances and stuff yet?

cook actually played for leopold before spending several seasons with geelong vfl then headed over to play sanfl but i think injuries interrupted his time over there. havent heard anything about where he is playing but would be a more than handy pickup for any team.

Good to see a few local blokes get a run in Geelong's intra-club today...

A significant South Barwon contingent watched Ben Boseley while Ocean Grove's Kelly Williams also played...along with James McTaggart (who I believe is joining Newtown and Chilwell?)

They are well equipped with small to medium sized players, but are a couple of talls short of being a finals side in my opinion.
Now fellas, let's not get ahead of ourselves here. Lara have done well to recruit 5 good players by the sounds of it but less than a new third of a side will not necessarily turn you around from wooden-spooners into a threatening finals team in one season. How about taking it slowly and just try and become very competitive again! It is a real skill in management to be able to re-build a side; by the sounds of things they are on the right track.

Now fellas, let's not get ahead of ourselves here. Lara have done well to recruit 5 good players by the sounds of it but less than a new third of a side will not necessarily turn you around from wooden-spooners into a threatening finals team in one season. How about taking it slowly and just try and become very competitive again! It is a real skill in management to be able to re-build a side; by the sounds of things they are on the right track.

How was i getting ahead of myself? All i said was they they are well equipped with smaller type players and need to recruit more talls if they want to be a finals contender? Not exactly flagging them to be premiers am i?

can someone please give me an update of the bfl?
new coaches/ players for any teams?

i see paul davis has gone back to portalington hopefully he might take a few players back with him & anglesea have picked up a few a guy called dean whitten looks a very good player and the others they hav got are jarrod whitten, micheal cambridge, simon bayliss & andrew malcolm soo things are lookin the goods at anglesea this year well hopefully;):p

i see paul davis has gone back to portalington hopefully he might take a few players back with him & anglesea have picked up a few a guy called dean whitten looks a very good player and the others they hav got are jarrod whitten, micheal cambridge, simon bayliss & andrew malcolm soo things are lookin the goods at anglesea this year well hopefully;):p

michael cambridge has played his whole life there. he worked away for a couple of months at the end of the season and has come back. only a fringe player anyway

How was i getting ahead of myself? All i said was they they are well equipped with smaller type players and need to recruit more talls if they want to be a finals contender? Not exactly flagging them to be premiers am i?
Probably not talking about your comment in particular here, just about the spate of over-enthusiasm coming out of the Snake Pit. From experience, take it one step at a time and see what happens then. Have a look at the amount of quality that the Roosters picked up last year; Saunders, Riccardi, Faulkner, P Carson, D Carson; that and very well-coached. Came from a similar position to Lara and then missed out on finals. The recruitment of quality players doesn't just do it for you automatically. Players need to gel, new game plans put in place to accomodate those recruits and patience. Be confident of a change in fortunes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back