Local Geelong Leagues Thread (GFL/BFL/GDFL)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
In all leagues - who are the teams/clubs that really need to stand up and say to the local football community "hey we are heading in the right direction for years to come"!!

In all leagues - who are the teams/clubs that really need to stand up and say to the local football community "hey we are heading in the right direction for years to come"!!

inverleigh need have a hard look at themselves and start doing something, they are a joke to the league in footy finishing last in all three grades and i think only winning one game between them.

GFL - Grovedale have a bunch of young blokes there, mix it with the older and middle aged players they should make their mark this season with there young group but still wont come close to finals...newtown need to really stand up and impress!! done nothing since being in a grand final a few years back...they have some good young players. also st marys n leopold need to make there marks in the comp.

Who coaches st marys? And how long has he coached there for?

Who coaches st marys? And how long has he coached there for?

Daniel Fletcher (playing) & Marc Woolnough are the coaches. Fletcher has been playing there since the 2004 premiership but they are both in the first years as coach after frank fopiani left for drysdale last season.

I really think that with the list at their disposal, and the money spent to be in this position, Bell Park really need to pull their finger out and be a contender, rather than a pretender.

Daniel Fletcher (playing) & Marc Woolnough are the coaches. Fletcher has been playing there since the 2004 premiership but they are both in the first years as coach after frank fopiani left for drysdale last season.

I see is there any reports on how they are going?

Could somebody answer the following questions on Werribee Centrals ground.

Is Galvin Park used every Sunday for junior footy?
Are both ovals used for junior footy?
What time do the games finish on a Sunday?

Former Thomson, Geelong VFL, Lara and St. Joseph's ruckman Dean Oakley has been training with Anglesea! Rumour had it last year that Oakley was heading to Barwon Heads or Portalington but since he has opened a new bakery in Anglesea, he will most likely play for the Roos in '07.

Can anyone tell me over the 3 comps what coaches are under real pressure if there club doesnt get results.

Would be interested to hear about GFL mainly.

Is St joeys coach under pressure after not winning last year with a super side?

Can anyone tell me over the 3 comps what coaches are under real pressure if there club doesnt get results.

Would be interested to hear about GFL mainly.

Is St joeys coach under pressure after not winning last year with a super side?

The coaches who were under pressure last year in hte GFL have been replaced (Fopiani, Bright, Talbot, McMahon, Dyer). Greaves is under some pressure to maintain a succesful team at Joeys and may find it a bit harder this year with a few departures.

For the other leagues, I'm not too sure.

Queenscliff, Portalington will need to be a lot more competitive then last year but I don't think you can blame the coach entirely for their performances. Fopiani would be under pressure at Drysdale because he brings a reputation and the Drysdale supporters have high expectations of him. Tristin Lynch (He is the Anglesea coach?), he'd need to get them up the ladder and hopefully remain around the top 6 for majority of the year. Also, Heath Mooney will be under some pressure, not from supporters or commitee, but he doesn't have Hammi Williams at the club to support him anymore so he will have to make all decsions for himself.

GDFL, like the GFL, have a few new coaches (Bannockburn, Werribee, Geelong West, East Geelong). Skrobalak and East Geelong would be under pressure to perform after their recruitment in the off season because they could easily turn out to be another Anakie in the way the recruit big names and big numbers but don't perform like a team.

The coaches who were under pressure last year in hte GFL have been replaced (Fopiani, Bright, Talbot, McMahon, Dyer). Greaves is under some pressure to maintain a succesful team at Joeys and may find it a bit harder this year with a few departures.

For the other leagues, I'm not too sure.

Queenscliff, Portalington will need to be a lot more competitive then last year but I don't think you can blame the coach entirely for their performances. Fopiani would be under pressure at Drysdale because he brings a reputation and the Drysdale supporters have high expectations of him. Tristin Lynch (He is the Anglesea coach?), he'd need to get them up the ladder and hopefully remain around the top 6 for majority of the year. Also, Heath Mooney will be under some pressure, not from supporters or commitee, but he doesn't have Hammi Williams at the club to support him anymore so he will have to make all decsions for himself.

GDFL, like the GFL, have a few new coaches (Bannockburn, Werribee, Geelong West, East Geelong). Skrobalak and East Geelong would be under pressure to perform after their recruitment in the off season because they could easily turn out to be another Anakie in the way the recruit big names and big numbers but don't perform like a team.

I havent heard east mention any big names or big money. From what ive heard they are pretty tight in the money.

Fopiani would be under pressure at Drysdale because he brings a reputation and the Drysdale supporters have high expectations of him.

Drysdale have high expectations of everyone...Richardson, Brown, Kilpatrick...they have all done something for the club, but not enough, time to step up and take their first flag in 22 years...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

dose anyone know how Marcus Kellet goes ? plays at OGrove
saw him out recentley and he rates himself as one of the best in this comp
rekons every knows about Libba and how good he is ?

Former Thomson, Geelong VFL, Lara and St. Joseph's ruckman Dean Oakley has been training with Anglesea! Rumour had it last year that Oakley was heading to Barwon Heads or Portalington but since he has opened a new bakery in Anglesea, he will most likely play for the Roos in '07.

his definately playing there and your right he has got a buisness down there

They paid Lynch a small fortune, for no return.

Lynch was on 40k a year at Portarlington. That is fact. So he took 80k out of a struggling club for what return, nothing.

They are no better off for him being there, 80k down the tube. What a silly move having him as coach.

And then he just leaves and goes to Leopold.

Good bloke.

The coaches who were under pressure last year in hte GFL have been . Also, Heath Mooney will be under some pressure, not from supporters or commitee, but he doesn't have Hammi Williams at the club to support him anymore so he will have to make all decsions for himself.

Don't worry about Moons. He is more than capable down there without Haami around. Truth be told Haami didnt have a huge input last year. The big loss will be Haami as a player.

Don't worry about Moons. He is more than capable down there without Haami around. Truth be told Haami didnt have a huge input last year. The big loss will be Haami as a player.

How are Ammos looking this year Hulkster? Similar to previous years? Any big losses/recruits?

heck i n g terrible! Too small, too fat, couldn't get a kick in the games I saw him play for Melton Sth. If he is one of the best in the league, then the Ballerine comp is very ordinary.

Lynch was on 40k a year at Portarlington. That is fact. So he took 80k out of a struggling club for what return, nothing.

They are no better off for him being there, 80k down the tube. What a silly move having him as coach.

And then he just leaves and goes to Leopold.

Good bloke.

I heard a quarter time speech, not one positive thing said, and repeatedly stated he was wasting his time being there. When his team needed him, he sat down FF and did nothing. Real good leader, not!

Originally Posted by cockroach

{heck i n g terrible! Too small, too fat, couldn't get a kick in the games I saw him play for Melton Sth. If he is one of the best in the league, then the Ballerine comp is very ordinary.}

Hang on, libba is a very handy player, he came in the second half of the year and was very handy considering he only knew sproule and perry, he has settled in well n is dominating this preseason, been in the weights room (wouldnt say fat), he will take most teams by surprise and will b a very good player for ocean grove, considering we hav lost a few players, he will need 2 step up!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back