Lodden Valley Football League Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now tell me this, who is Ball and Collins pushing out of the side, "some poor bloke who has done all the hard yards", and you will see this weekend, pyramid Auction night, why they can spend money on players, because every player, supporter will give back on that night, they have the record for auction night in country vic, its all about the club, come join me in tassie; you 2 head

You don't get much more Bridgewater than those two blokes, and the committee hardly chased them and I doubt they'd be on any money at all.

Chalk and cheese buddy

haha.

Another buring question that needs to be answered is - where did all these Pyramid people get computers from???

Now i'm just stirring guys...lighten up

I got mine in the move, took a while to get a connection though:D is Apple Mac current:confused:

I think it's the sheep that have the buring:thumbsu:

Bridgy would be a bit wary of the Filo's about now wouldnt they, going around on top for a while and no loss coming into the finals, careful:cool:

I got mine in the move, took a while to get a connection though:D is Apple Mac current:confused:

I think it's the sheep that have the buring:thumbsu:

Bridgy would be a bit wary of the Filo's about now wouldnt they, going around on top for a while and no loss coming into the finals, careful:cool:

No doubt about that...

N&C, what do you think your chances are this week of beating YCW? Will it come down to the players or the mini buses tactics? Will you be lining up after going down like a bag of spuds last week and acting like you had broken your leg?

We're in with a chance mate, YCW have been playing very well this year though so we will have to bring our A game! It may come down to Gomez's tactics, he is good at moving the magnets! I'm fine mate, ready to rumble and give Big Trev Birks a rough introduction back into senior footy, his last game of senior footy was back in 98...

I was 13:eek:

haha Jamlil I'm not sure Pyramid will be able to defer too much pressure, in light of Filo's Coaching record of 4 straight GF losses and the Bulldogs not having won a flag for generations of donkeys years!

Norfolk hows my old mate Sammy O'Connor going out at Inglewood, still a handy little player is he? Someone said he was Assistant Coach is that right?

This weeks tips:
Seniors:
Mitiamo: 55 points
P/Hill: 172 points
Inglewood: 17 points
Bridgewater: 121 points

Reserves:
Mitiamo: 22 points
Marong: 35 points
YCW: 63 points
Bridgewater: 79 points

U/17s
Calivil United: 31 points
Marong: 165 points
YCW: 147 points
Bridgewater: 19 points

Calivil, the new old coach, is that the reason for the result or cant Miti play in the rain/wind, seems to be a given on those types of days. Loddon larry, good call, Inglewood, a turn up for the books! Kicked straight for a change! Good little first hit out for the new Garlett at the Hill and Cody BOG, boys fitting in well

Calivil, the new old coach, is that the reason for the result or cant Miti play in the rain/wind, seems to be a given on those types of days. Loddon larry, good call, Inglewood, a turn up for the books! Kicked straight for a change! Good little first hit out for the new Garlett at the Hill and Cody BOG, boys fitting in well

Yeh Jamlil expecting big things from glen garlett up at the hill yesterday and although he played well didnt dominate like i thought he would against a side like Marong. In saying that it might take him a couple of games to gel with the team and stuff. Thought Gav James was best on by a mile yesterday played better than davis and cody garlett

i c in 2days addy clew Gomez sez the season is still alive

of course it is .... its only the middle of july

tuff one coming up for u and gomez boys v pyramid but than a v. winnable game against marong on the 24th

Interesting today I came across an old LVFL thread and some comments stood out like you know what.

These are some posts on Mitiamo's Guy Orton when he was rumoured to be signing from Kyneton / Bendigo Bombers.

wouldnt call guy a bendigo bomber was useless in the twos, is ripped tho, only good to shut down a player but if u wanna pay money for that go ahead he will ask for heaps pretty confident in himself.

yeh well i did hear that he was pretty useless!

Orton is absolutely useless. He will look a million dollars pre season but he he just cant play. Stupid dumb footballer and a waste of $250 Mitiamo are paying him.

Just thought I'd quote them for a bit of perspective as Guy is regarded as one of the premier mids in the comp now and was probably equal favourite to win the league BnF last season.

My bet is we won't hear from these posters even if they do read this but it's interesting none the less.

;)

from all reports new calivil recuit ashley bramley has been training the house down
possible dark horse for a harding medal

This bloke couldn't get a kick at training even if he was there by himself with a dozen balls!!!!!!!!!!!! From what i've seen and heard come out of this blokes mouth, i'm disgusted that he is thieving oxygen from the normal human race!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This bloke couldn't get a kick at training even if he was there by himself with a dozen balls!!!!!!!!!!!! From what i've seen and heard come out of this blokes mouth, i'm disgusted that he is thieving oxygen from the normal human race!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

Not many blokes can succefully make the switch from player to umpire.... Old Bramley has tried to go back teh other way umpire to player..... He did better with the whistle then the Sherrin

Interesting today I came across an old LVFL thread and some comments stood out like you know what.

These are some posts on Mitiamo's Guy Orton when he was rumoured to be signing from Kyneton / Bendigo Bombers.

Just thought I'd quote them for a bit of perspective as Guy is regarded as one of the premier mids in the comp now and was probably equal favourite to win the league BnF last season.

My bet is we won't hear from these posters even if they do read this but it's interesting none the less.

;)

Funny you mention this now, how ironic that he did his knee last week against calivil, and has been told he is out for at least 8 weeks, very dissapointing for the lads at Miti, and devastating for the guy himself.
Will be right for a preliminary final, if he's lucky.

Have any of you seen much of the W.A boys at the hill it will be interesting to see how they go against the inglewood blokes can they play or are they just flashy

Have any of you seen much of the W.A boys at the hill it will be interesting to see how they go against the inglewood blokes can they play or are they just flashy

they can play, very smart, good skills, hard at it, and only 20 yrs old.

will be interesting tomoz, pyramid have a few missing, so could be a danger game, inglewood starting to play good footy.

My tips
Seniors:
P/Hill: 34 points
Bridgy: 13 points
Miti: 67 points
BL Serp: 4 points

2's
P/Hill: 7 points
Bridgy: 32 points
Newbridge: 21 points
YCW: 91 points

3rds
Inglewood: 9 points
Bridgy: 19 points
Newbridge: 13 points
YCW: 13 points

Calivil inflict a loss on Bridgy by 45 points.

Got my first look at Bridgy on sat and must say the way they set up and way they played the game im very suprised that they were unbeaten for this long, They made a weak attempt at trying to physically intimidate Calivil and made themselves look silly in the process,
Why would a team that is on top of the ladder by so far try and come out to "beat up" on an opposition sides younger players? There was a pretty decent "all in" on 1/4 time and from then on there was only one team prepared to get in and get the footy and in the end the final scores showed it. Have never seen a team with so many players trying to sit out from packs getting cheap touches and not wanting to get there hands dirty,
Calivil totally outclassed them from the first bounce, if I were a Bridgy supporter I would be pretty disappointed in what was served up today, might be only there first loss for the year but if they try what they did today again they wont win many, especially against some of the better sides

u would have had a bit to do sat., Clew
pyramid booted 19 thru the big sticks but ur boys got 15. :thumbsu: beaten but obviously not discgraced the gomez boys

so, plenty of hard running and linking up from the back flank eh, clew :D

u would have had a bit to do sat., Clew
pyramid booted 19 thru the big sticks but ur boys got 15. :thumbsu: beaten but obviously not discgraced the gomez boys

so, plenty of hard running and linking up from the back flank eh, clew :D

Haha I wasn't there for long so couldn't tell you! We weren't disgraced, that's for sure but it was still disappointing not to win having been in the position to do so!

Haha I wasn't there for long so couldn't tell you! We weren't disgraced, that's for sure but it was still disappointing not to win having been in the position to do so!

improving lnglewood :thumbsu:, but you never looked like winning, sorry mate still a fair way to go, pyramid still have 5 good footballers to come in.

Geez, the footy really is hotting up just a month or so from the business end of the year. Lots of questions from the last couple of weeks. Firstly, is that the loss Bridgey had to have? How come Calivil are Red Hot now and not three weeks ago? Surely there is more to that story then is being let on. Will Pyramids recruits help them lift up the silverware they are so close to getting? Are YCW flat track bullies? Are Miti just getting their side together at the right time, they seem to have a few guys missing every week, here and there? Inglewood have improved so much this year, which is good for footy, but have they the big wins up their sleeve that they need to sneak into fifth? Can Newbridge, Marong and Serp put their poor years behind them and recruit the cattle which wil put them in the frame for next year?
Lots of questions, stuff all answers from me. It's good to see the competition is alive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back