Lodden Valley Football League

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
the league have worked out the only way to make the vote count an even worse night than it currently is, move it to a sunday night at Serp. Bravo league bravo.

Why not have it on a sunday afternoon somewhere and have the day finished at 6pm. Surely that makes for a more enjoyable night than sitting in the cold, $hitful Serp hall until 10:30 to hear Tim Wicks get beat in the last round again?

Seriously who is going to go?

Tim Wicks might. I'm sure he'd like to hear the sound of his own voice when he gives another runners up speech.

are miti the marong football club relocating there seems to be quite a few panthers out at windy flats will be interesting to see how the go if theyt make the granny as none of them got a kick in the last one they played

There has been a fair exodus of Marong players to Miti over the last two years with Billy Grant coaching up there. 4 in total plus a couple of kids and a netballer. Dan Farrelly has led the way by returning to Marong this year, maybe the others will follow suit.

I don't think there will be much of an issue with any of them getting a kick in a grand final, it will be very difficult to do so because they don't play for Newbridge or Calivil.

it is really starting to look like a newbridge v calivil grand final and funnily enough i reckon it will be Newbridge that might have to get there by winning the prelim final. Will be interesting to see their side this weekend seeing as though they've got next week off. They have got a few really handy players who haven't played for a while, who would want a run before 2nd semi day.

There has been a fair exodus of Marong players to Miti over the last two years with Billy Grant coaching up there. 4 in total plus a couple of kids and a netballer. Dan Farrelly has led the way by returning to Marong this year, maybe the others will follow suit.

Whats happened to Marong? They were a real force a few years back. Did they buy there success but now the money hass run out so these players have gone to club with money? And why isnt Bill Grant coaching Marong?
Sitting on the bottom of the ladder what a demise.

big round of footy coming up this weekend, i dare say the YCW boys will be wishing Bridgey all the luck in the world as they need them to beat Pyramid to sneak into the finals (providing they can take care of Marong). Newbridge and Mitiamo will just want to get through without any injuries leading into the finals.

Should be an interesting finals series, although i'm not sure what the league executive were thinking in the allocation of finals, Qualifying Final at Pyramid Hill again? Don't they want people to go to the finals?

wtf mate is with that last comment.... I would say Pyramid Hill got the best ground in the league and has great facilities and always a good day for footy there to.... unlike marong whos ground is a disgrace.... does the league want the players breaking legs and screwing knees up during finals...

i still don't reckon Miti will get near calivil or newbridge. the surprise packet might by Pyrmaid Hill if they can make the finals. Clear stand outs are Newbridge though and Calivil not far behind them.

The reserves looks a bit the same with Newbridge clear front runners. Looks as though Serp are stacking their side pretty heavily (for the glory of a two's flag, bravo), Calivil and YCW on the next rung, always there abouts.

The juniors is all Calivil, it's like the good old days when they just handed the demons the under 17's trophy each year, it looks as though they have got another good side together, Newbridge, Marong and YCW the dangers.

for the seniors i would have to say Calival r looking good once again this year.... they always seem to peak bout this time of year and are really playing good footy as they ran away from Pyramid Hill last week who also if they do make finals could corse an upset.

the 2's could go to anyone and i did hear that serp have a better 2's side then there seniors side:thumbsu:...

in the juniors it could go to either Calival/ bendigo seeming that where there majority of players come from, YCW, Newbridge and Marong could be there main threats.

wtf mate is with that last comment.... I would say Pyramid Hill got the best ground in the league and has great facilities and always a good day for footy there to.... unlike marong whos ground is a disgrace.... does the league want the players breaking legs and screwing knees up during finals...

Pyramid Hill is the best ground in the league? What have you been smoking? It's a shocker of a ground to play on and the facilities are a disgrace. If you need to go to the toilet you've got to walk out the back (what is this 1959), if Pyramid aren't kind enough to turn the pilot light on the heater you don't have a hot shower and the rooms are tiny.

The only good thing is the hot roast rolls they have, as for the rest well you could blow the joint up and it would most likely be an improvement.

They grass may be green but it's so spongey it's like running in loose sand. Facilities at the Hill are adequate but nothing to write home about. I've always thought that Bridgewater and Inglewood are well set up for finals. Maybe it's time to switch the LV Grand Final to a neutral venue in Bendigo.

who does everyone think will end up in 5th? My money is on Pyramid Hill, Bridgey seem to have lost a bit of form of late. Will keep YCW out who must be one of the bigger disappointments of the year.

Whats happened to Marong? They were a real force a few years back. Did they buy there success but now the money hass run out so these players have gone to club with money? And why isnt Bill Grant coaching Marong?
Sitting on the bottom of the ladder what a demise.

Sitting on the bottom isn't much fun Logz, especially given the expectations were pretty high preseason. Far from using it as an excuse, injuries to key players has played a big part; Lee Franklin, Sam Milner, Glenn Carson, Jimmy Williams, Ray Kell to name a few. Couple this with a lack of depth and fitness and you have a recipe for disaster.

Marong certainly haven't bought success. Given that we've only played in one losing grand final in the last 17 years, we haven't really been very successful. You'd be surprised how little Marong have paid out over the years. There were definitely players who could have got much more coin at other clubs but chose to play with mates at Marong. As for Billy coaching at Marong; at the time the club was after a playing coach.

The club is soon to appoint a new senior coach and with the president stepping down at the end of the year, there might be a change of direction that brings more success in 2008.

the panthers on paper have the nucleus of a really good side. Charlie & Xav Thompson, Brett Rogers, Brad McCormick, Paul Thomson, The Blandthorn Brothers, Sudweeks, Franklin, Dahl, but they must drop away quickly after that.

If they can retain that group, get the new senior coach to find 4 or 5 senior players and they can quickly turn it around, same with most of the clubs in the league

(Log in to remove this ad.)

the panthers on paper have the nucleus of a really good side. Charlie & Xav Thompson, Brett Rogers, Brad McCormick, Paul Thomson, The Blandthorn Brothers, Sudweeks, Franklin, Dahl, but they must drop away quickly after that.

If they can retain that group, get the new senior coach to find 4 or 5 senior players and they can quickly turn it around, same with most of the clubs in the league

That's why the season has been so disappointing. Marong have, without doubt, some of the top players in the competition but there are probably 10 spots where guys are just making up the numbers. There are 4 Under 17's who have played several games in the seniors this year but it us difficult to gauge their performance when they are part of an ordinary side.

Next season can't come around quick enough!

who does everyone think will end up in 5th? My money is on Pyramid Hill, Bridgey seem to have lost a bit of form of late. Will keep YCW out who must be one of the bigger disappointments of the year.

Pyramid easily. Bridgewater took 3 and a half quarters to get over Marong last week. Unless they have a few players returning this week (hard to know as their side wasn't in the Addy), they will get belted.

I know people in glass houses shouldn't throw stones (Marong's ground is definitely bad), but Pyramid's ground is far from great, let alone the best in the league. It's far too big; a problem made worse by the fact that you have to run so far when it's so spongy under foot. It's not even a good ground to watch footy at. You need a set of binoculars to see play on the far wing. That said, being green and too soft is still far better than patchy, uneven and hard.

Why is it that everyone thinks their ground and facilities are the best?

Pyramid easily. Bridgewater took 3 and a half quarters to get over Marong last week. Unless they have a few players returning this week (hard to know as their side wasn't in the Addy), they will get belted.

I'm with ya there hellboy, i hear there will be big walk outs at yc next year, new coach maybe mat keating.

Bridgey won well when they played them up at Pyramid Hill earlier in the year (although Pyramid were struggling and Bridgey were flying at the time).

Will be an interesting day tomorrow with plenty of YCW people spending the afternooon on the phone getting updates.

i reckon calivil has the best surface but crappy rooms. In fact there isn't many rooms that are real classy. Inglewood have the best showers (especially after they fixed the electric shock you used to get if you touched the taps), Newbridge is a good place to watch the footy but the ground is only alright the cricket pitch is a big minus. YCW is good although the grandstand is shocking to watch from as the sun is in your eyes all arvo.

Maybe it's time to switch the LV Grand Final to a neutral venue in Bendigo.
Thats a great idea. I doubt the BFL will let us on too many grounds. Is the old Kennington ground suitable? I havent been there since I was a junior. Maybe the ground isnt as big as I remember.

Sitting on the bottom isn't much fun Logz, especially given the expectations were pretty high preseason. Far from using it as an excuse, injuries to key players has played a big part; Couple this with a lack of depth and fitness and you have a recipe for disaster.

I went to watch Bridgy Marong on the weekend. For a side sitting on the bottom they were competitive. Obviously fitness is what did Marong in the end.
And the ground, disgraceful. Every time a player hit the ground a plume of dust would rise. I can see why Marong have lost so many players to serious injuries. Surely the ground needs improvement before finals can be played on there. Is the league helping out with any of the grounds used for fnals?

Having a look at each of the ladders, there's a very distinct possibility that it will be a Newbridge v Calivil grand final in all 3 grades.

Might be a blessing in disguise given the venue. They might actually be able to fit everyone in.

Thats a great idea. I doubt the BFL will let us on too many grounds. Is the old Kennington ground suitable? I havent been there since I was a junior. Maybe the ground isnt as big as I remember.

what's wrong with using YCW for all the finals and splitting the monies up amongst all clubs. Obviously Marong's ground is rat$hit at the moment or use Canterbury Park, just make it close to Bendigo. Kennington is in a bit of strife at the moment as well i think with the Bendigo Jnr Footy League looking to move finals.

what's wrong with using YCW for all the finals and splitting the monies up amongst all clubs. Obviously Marong's ground is rat$hit at the moment or use Canterbury Park, just make it close to Bendigo.

I think the problem with using YCW ground would be their very creative accountants. I dont think all clubs would see 100% of the money. YCW would already be one of the richest clubs in the league. Plus the area and facilities for spectators is limited, once all the cars get in there, although this is still a better alternative than Serp

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back