Lodden Valley Football League

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
shevvy ended up with more than 70 goals as well, was flying along until he busted his foot. Played alright in the grand final but obviously not the fittest bloke getting about.

THe other goalkicker we haven't spoken of is Kurt Ashman, a pure full forward stuck in a half forward flankers body. If he were McCormick's size he would be better than him i reckon.

I was getting to Kurt. Averaged 1 goal less than Chilcott and McCormick against the top sides and about the same as them against the bottom sides.

Fantastic mark and kick and far more agile than a big full forward making him very difficult to match up on.

How can Haythorpe not get a mention here?? After playing against all the aforementioned players this year, if I was to pick one as the FF in my team it would definitely be him. (p.s I'm not from the windy s#!thole)

Other than a bag of 10 against Calivil, Haythorpe picked on the weaker sides. He averaged 2 goals less than Chilcott per game. That said, he is definitely a player who could tear a game apart and is a massive kick. It would have been interesting to see how he would have gone had he not missed the first 5 games of the season.

At a million to one i will put $1 on that Frankie. Not sure about the Gloury idea as his two twin daughters are heading to YCW to play next year,unless we are talking about a different Gloury,:D as are a few of the Newbridge senior netballers.

The Gloury girls are going nowhere. If i'm not mistaken, the girls mum has just joined the newbridge netball commitee for the 2008 season so I'd be more than surprised to see them go. The Gloury's live, eat and breathe newbridge. I would also be absolutely stunned if any more than 2 netballers went to YCW next year. I know a few that are on the move, but its not to YC.

Michelle Eastman and Jeanette Miller will be the downfall of the netball side of things. You say there was unity but they may have been off the court, all I ever heard from people that they hated the way Michelle coached.

I heard that all she does is get players running laps all the time and that there is no system at all about the way they play, and I saw this with my own eyes when watching the Grand Final.

From what I have heard Michelle does things for herself and no-one else and evern quoted her as saying as B grade doesnt matter and that A grade is all that counts. Great club philosophy.

Yes the A grade made the Grand Final and it is a defeatist attitude to say that Pyramid were unbeatable. But from what I was told they were lucky to get through the Semi and Preliminary.

Michelle Eastman and Jeanette Miller will be the downfall of the netball side of things. You say there was unity but they may have been off the court, all I ever heard from people that they hated the way Michelle coached.

I heard that all she does is get players running laps all the time and that there is no system at all about the way they play, and I saw this with my own eyes when watching the Grand Final.

From what I have heard Michelle does things for herself and no-one else and evern quoted her as saying as B grade doesnt matter and that A grade is all that counts. Great club philosophy.

Yes the A grade made the Grand Final and it is a defeatist attitude to say that Pyramid were unbeatable. But from what I was told they were lucky to get through the Semi and Preliminary.

where is youngcitychick when you need her to fire up the netball side of things?

I can't agree with you Frank so I thought I'd have a closer look at the numbers.

AGAINST TOP 5 SIDES
Both Chilcott and McCormick played 8 games against the teams that played finals. Both of them kicked 45 goals. On the same week that McCormick kicked 10 against Calivil (round 11), Chilcott kicked 11 against Newbridge. While McCormick kicked more bags (10, 9 & 8), Chilcott kicked 5 or more goals in 6 of the 8 games.

AGAINST BOTTOM 4 SIDES
Against teams outside the 5, Chilcott kicked 56 and McCormick kicked 25. However McCormick only played 4 games and Chilcott 8. This is an average of 6.25 and 7 respectively.

I think you will agree that the numbers are remarkably similar. Given then that Chilcott didn't miss a game and McCormick missed 4 (not 6 as suggested by bobbill), Chilcott is a clear winner.

Frank, it's hard to argue with this.

well done, good research, i think you will see the best of chilcott this year, has only trained 3 times since at the hill, so not bad effort for old bloke,where ever McCormick goes he will still kick goals, very smart head, even if his a few kg over. lets get over it, let him make a $

well done, good research, i think you will see the best of chilcott this year, has only trained 3 times since at the hill, so not bad effort for old bloke,where ever McCormick goes he will still kick goals, very smart head, even if his a few kg over. lets get over it, let him make a $
Investor have you heard of any players going up your way

where is youngcitychick when you need her to fire up the netball side of things?

I am never far away Frankie, just worked out who you are and bobbill, wish i new who flying ducks is??? It all makes sense when you read back. Apologies to Bobbill for thinking you were D-mac, i got your back now.
Frankie are you going to the AGM tomoz nite, if so i will see you there, is the bar open???:p:p:p

Did you hear about the Newbridge netball trip, i was told by one of the players who was there that there were one half on one side of the room, and the other half on the other side. Bull dust about there being no division out there, asked one of their current A-graders and she says heaps not happy.

And while i am talking about Nuffy Newbridge Netballers, lol, whats with their C-grade coach, a male who knows nothing about netball. Heard he abused the YCW girls in the first round match, nice language, apparently YC took off all their young girls to protect them, cos he told his crew to head hunt.
YC put all the older, tougher players out there and told them to give back what you get, but twice as hard.
One Newbridge player told the old lady who coaches YC to shut the truck up, and called her opposing player a trucking zzzlut, obviously the coach had no idea and no leadership.

Actually caught the last quarter of that match and wish someone had of videod it, you footy boys could learn a bit of elbow prowess from both teams. A bit of jelly would have been great, Feral mania.
Also heard Newbridge coach was out coached in the finals, didnt have the smarts, took off the best goaler in the team, lossssser.

Hows that Frankenfurter, enough to keep you goin for a while.:D:D

I think the "head hunting" talk would be taking it a bit far...I have played footy for the past 16 years and have never been told to go the biff by a coach. As if it would happen in netball. I think you are trying to spice up a pretty dull game to be honest! (I'm bracing for the response...:()

I think the "head hunting" talk would be taking it a bit far...I have played footy for the past 16 years and have never been told to go the biff by a coach. As if it would happen in netball. I think you are trying to spice up a pretty dull game to be honest! (I'm bracing for the response...:()

Im the same. Footy for 17 years but I have been told to go the biff once but it was in pretty extreme circumstances. As for it happening in netball...its a bit far fetched. And I'll think you find if you watched it from a neutral perspective that YC throw a few cheap shots of their own.

Ahh Netball. I have been involved in football & netball for over 20 years. Everyclub has bitching when it comes to netball and football is going down this track as the youth of today (footballers) act like netballers at times as well.

To try and get 30 + women at a netball club to all go in the one direction and not a have a group break away from the pack and not stick the knives in is impossible.

If you think it doesn't happen at all netball clubs you are dreaming.

Coaching football & netball is a tough gig and if you try and please everybody you will do your head in.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ahh Netball. I have been involved in football & netball for over 20 years. Everyclub has bitching when it comes to netball and football is going down this track as the youth of today (footballers) act like netballers at times as well.

To try and get 30 + women at a netball club to all go in the one direction and not a have a group break away from the pack and not stick the knives in is impossible.

Coaching football & netball is a tough gig and if you try and please everybody you will do your head in.
The famous coaching advice..."Don't try and please everybody"

Spot on olddog.

This business certainly happens with the netballers at Marong. I'm fairly certain it has something to do with oestrogen levels.

Did you hear about the Newbridge netball trip, i was told by one of the players who was there that there were one half on one side of the room, and the other half on the other side. Bull dust about there being no division out there, asked one of their current A-graders and she says heaps not happy.

And while i am talking about Nuffy Newbridge Netballers, lol, whats with their C-grade coach, a male who knows nothing about netball. Heard he abused the YCW girls in the first round match, nice language, apparently YC took off all their young girls to protect them, cos he told his crew to head hunt.
YC put all the older, tougher players out there and told them to give back what you get, but twice as hard.
One Newbridge player told the old lady who coaches YC to shut the truck up, and called her opposing player a trucking zzzlut, obviously the coach had no idea and no leadership.

Actually caught the last quarter of that match and wish someone had of videod it, you footy boys could learn a bit of elbow prowess from both teams. A bit of jelly would have been great, Feral mania.
Also heard Newbridge coach was out coached in the finals, didnt have the smarts, took off the best goaler in the team, lossssser.

Hows that Frankenfurter, enough to keep you goin for a while.:D:D

So youngcitychick ... I see that things must've gone quiet at work?? It's the only time you ever write bull sh*t comments to stir things up and create some excitement in your life.

First of all, the reality of coaching senior sport is this: you're trying to win as many games as possible. How do you keep 35 girls vying for 21 positions happy? it is impossible, especially when they are women. There is no way you can comment on anything to do with her training or her methods of coacing this year, you simply weren't there and even if you are hearing it from others, its second hand and they are abviously the ones that didn't quite make the cut.

Yes, Michelle and Jeanette's coaching is very different to anything else I have experienced but if you had any idea about what they were trying to achieve, which you clearly don't, you would realise that Newbridge was one of the only senior netball sides that could run out 4 quarters with top notch skill level.

On the netball trip, there were 4 people vs the rest of the girls. Not half and half. we had 26/35 girls go on the trip, does that sound like a group of girls that don't get on?? The boys had 25 on their trip out of many more blokes and no one is sledging them for being divided. Stop trying to cause conflict by saying inaccurate and 2nd hand bodgy info. Get it right!

I can't speak on behalf of the c grade girls or their coach but you're obviously exaggerating, no coach tells their girls that, especailly to your young herd. But if there was any malice in what they were doing, it is innappropriate and unnacceptable and is not condoned out at the Bridge.

In all honesty, youngcitychick, I think you need to take a back seat for a change on the happenings out at newbridge. You have no idea what goes on in house, you are not a part of our club. To you, this is about sledging newbridge and not about finding out things to benefit your club, which it should be. All you do on big footy is abuse the system and you need to get your facts straight and stop trying to make our club out to be something it is not. We do not judge the perfect and magical land known as YCW so you should not judge ours in the harsh way that you do. You seem to have all the coaching knowledge under the sun, maybe you should take up a coaching role and voice your unwanted opinion then.

Find a new topic and stop obsessing over the trivial things, worry about your own backyard and the quality coaching at your joint. Now lets get back to the real topic.

ps Newcomer63 did not write the following: this is the work or youngcitychick....

Hows that Frankenfurter, enough to keep you goin for a while.

Thankyou newcomer63 you have just said what everybody has been thinking. I think that will put ycc in her place!!
Look forward to her reply but I think you have got her!!
Let's get the jelly out boys

Lets all raise the keyboard for reaching 100 pages on this thread

oh hell yeah!!!! interesting too also hear other clubs have netball issues as well, sounds like interesting times ahead at newbridge with the netball being divided and footballers being unhappy that dyer didnt get reappointed maybe not as united out there as what is lead too be believed.:confused:

Thankyou newcomer63 you have just said what everybody has been thinking. I think that will put ycc in her place!!
Look forward to her reply but I think you have got her!!
Let's get the jelly out boys

thanks mate, glad people are on the same wave length as me concerning YCC.

100 pages on this thread! Yehaww we got there!

thanks mate, glad people are on the same wave length as me concerning YCC.

100 pages on this thread! Yehaww we got there!

Well Newcomer63,
good to see that you have fantastic reading skills, please go back and reread my original comments about Newbridge, page 98 i think. You have inaccurately stated that i have said something about Michelle and Jeanette. Not so, i am bagging out the moron who coached the C-grade. Although i only saw the last quarter, it was enough. Both sides by this stage were raising elbows, shoving each other, holding players by an arm, one girl from YC was an ex basketballer and she was thumping them back as hard as she got, Plimys girlfriend, for all you footy boys.

Will be interesting tonite to see who is voted in on the committee at YCW for next year. Paul Keating gone, Rod Burns gone, Moose gone, who is going to be running the show. I hate the fact, and i know it happens all the time in other clubs too, that the old committee appoint the coaches and the new committee have to deal with the problems. I think Matt Keats wil do a good job, D-Mac is a no loss as a coach, but is a huge loss as a player. I totally agree witht the boys before he is an awesome man to watch when he is fit and on fire. He seriously could have kicked an easy 100+ this year had he been fit. His two little kids look like they have inherited his build, lets hope they can play too. But it will never be back at YC, and thats a shame.

One other thing, did anyone hear about the man that was found dead at the old YC toilets 10 days or so ago. Theres been nothing in the paper, but i heard it on a friends scanner, asked the local priest who lives near there and he says yep it was true. Seems a sad thing.

Is there something you're not telling us naughts? Are you suggesting that Rose is headed to Bridgewater?

From what I've heard, Billy Grant has has been fairly active on the recruiting front without a huge amount of success at the moment. That's nothing out of the ordinary for this time of year though. I know he has spoken to another Marong local about his movements next year. I had also heard second hand that Tim Wicks has been offered some big coin to go to North Bendigo

no not really, but bridgy has about as much chance as inglewood getting him!
apparently though matt tyrrell is playing cricket at bridgy. If that is not a sign for the footy club to get onto a potential recruit, i don't know what is!

oh hell yeah!!!! interesting too also hear other clubs have netball issues as well, sounds like interesting times ahead at newbridge with the netball being divided and footballers being unhappy that dyer didnt get reappointed maybe not as united out there as what is lead too be believed.:confused:
more lyes hirdy, i dont think any of the footballers were disapointed dyer did'nt get the job. pigdon will be just what they need, he will be one on one with every player and has a football brain!:rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back