Lodden Valley Football League

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
the nth central thread has got Brad Comer as assistant coach at St Arnaud as well as the McNally's.

As for McCormick i think he will find some club that will offer him that sort of money, it's a lot of coin but he is quality.

He is getting on the big side, although he did dominate sides most weeks when not injured. I think Chris Lakey give him a fair hiding when YCW played Newbridge but him aside i think he is still the best forward in the league and has fantastic hands and a smart lead.

At some point in the next couple of months there will be a side willing to cough up $500 - $600 for his services as a forward for hire and i reckon he is good for 70+ goals in any of the leagues in and around Bendigo.

He would'nt kick 70+ in the BFL i can tell you that, 40-50 at very best with most of them coming from bottom sides.
For starters BFL fb's run off to create and you reckon he would chase, i know he kicked a ton in 2006 but my grandmother could kick a ton in LV and she's had a hip replacement and got a dodgey knee!

Remember Greckix and Brown omly kicked 60 odd this season for e/hawke and McCormick is not in their class.

He would'nt kick 70+ in the BFL i can tell you that, 40-50 at very best with most of them coming from bottom sides.
For starters BFL fb's run off to create and you reckon he would chase, i know he kicked a ton in 2006 but my grandmother could kick a ton in LV and she's had a hip replacement and got a dodgey knee!

Remember Greckix and Brown omly kicked 60 odd this season for e/hawke and McCormick is not in their class.

seems to me you underestimate lv footy, yes bendigo footy is stronger buy i reckon we still have some excellent players in lv and 100 was a great effort the only query i had on him was he carried injuries this year. in a good team and fit he would certainly make an impact in any league around bendigo maybe not 70+ but he certainly would have to bre respected

McCormick isn't the only fatty boom bah leaving the eagles then. Lorring seems to have spent a fair bit of time in a good paddock. Ended up in the two's for YCW, so not sure if Nth know what they are getting themselves in for.

I wouldn't go that far Franky! I spoke to Lorring after one game he was in the two's and he said he was working back from injury...the board wanted him to play seniors. Still a very good player...I wouldn't mind having him in my 22.

I wouldn't go that far Franky! I spoke to Lorring after one game he was in the two's and he said he was working back from injury...the board wanted him to play seniors. Still a very good player...I wouldn't mind having him in my 22.

no doubt he can play, although he is empty upstairs, a real peanut. Like every bloke who gets the flick from the seniors to play reserves he was injured, blah blah blah blah.

I think McCormick missed a month of footy and still ended up with more than 70 goals. You have to remember even if the full backs are better in the LVFL so are the on ballers putting it down his throat. He has kicked big numbers of goals for Sth Bendigo before so i still think he is good for 4 a week which would give him 80 for the year in the BFL. In the LVFL or HDFL 70 is being ultra conservative.

He is getting on the big side, although he did dominate sides most weeks when not injured. I think Chris Lakey give him a fair hiding when YCW played Newbridge but him aside i think he is still the best forward in the league and has fantastic hands and a smart lead.

At some point in the next couple of months there will be a side willing to cough up $500 - $600 for his services as a forward for hire and i reckon he is good for 70+ goals in any of the leagues in and around Bendigo.
no way, cant agree with u there frank! to be on that sort of do$h u would have to be a fit athletic goal kicking machine. mc cormick is far from that i recon, he is stopable

At some point in the next couple of months there will be a side willing to cough up $500 - $600 for his services as a forward for hire and i reckon he is good for 70+ goals in any of the leagues in and around Bendigo.[/QUOTE]

He fits the criteria for Serp doesn't he? Pushing on in age, body starting to play up... They've shown they're not afraid to throw the old cheque book around to the elderly. But do agree Frankenfurter, at some stage a club will throw the coin to him. How many decent full-forwards become available these days??? LVFL has been lucky to have a fair few over the last couple of years...

the nth central thread has got Brad Comer as assistant coach at St Arnaud as well as the McNally's.

As for McCormick i think he will find some club that will offer him that sort of money, it's a lot of coin but he is quality.
well thats a bloody good pick up! nathan mcnally would be the best midfielder in the comp, his brother is an awesome footballer to. and brad comer was one of the better players during the year! are st.arnaud a strong side?

well thats a bloody good pick up! nathan mcnally would be the best midfielder in the comp, his brother is an awesome footballer to. and brad comer was one of the better players during the year! are st.arnaud a strong side?

St arnaud finished 4th this year, on their day they were handy.. Apparently they are gearing up to have a crack next year..

a source of mine over in Saint land says that McNally and Comer are strong chances, i have also heard a rumour that they are getting former Inglewood player and BnF, Zane Bigmore. They're having a real crack over in the North Central apparently!

I also hear that Ben Rose may be Loddon Valley bound

a source of mine over in Saint land says that McNally and Comer are strong chances, i have also heard a rumour that they are getting former Inglewood player and BnF, Zane Bigmore. They're having a real crack over in the North Central apparently!

Is the Mcnally deal 3 for the price of one ;) Or just interested in one??

Surely not ?! I can't see him playing at inglewood! maybe the team from up the road a bit, might have talked to him! ;)

Havent heard much about mitiamo so far, anyone got any news on them?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Anyone know how he can be contacted? Marong might as well have a crack too!

I'd save your money Hellboy! He showed this year that he can be contained with a good defender and with a player thats prepared to cut off his leads he becomes fairly tempremental. If he ran few a few blokes when he gets the chance I doubt whether they would be game enough to stand there.

And lets face it. His frame isn't getting any smaller!

Contained!! 70 goals in 10 games, average of 7 a game I think any club would be happy with that every week. He can kick goals quickly.

Is the Mcnally deal 3 for the price of one ;) Or just interested in one??

I cant see Matt playing in St Arnaud, although im sure Ron would love to have all 3 playing on the 1 day, at LNP again! Ron (their grandfather) has been pushing them to come home, since the moment they left!

Contained!! 70 goals in 10 games, average of 7 a game I think any club would be happy with that every week. He can kick goals quickly.

exactly right Bobbill, that's why he will get the money he is after. He was without a doubt the best forward in the LVFL this year.

Put it this way, what he is asking for is from all reports what Shevvy gets at Newbridge, now before all the newbridge peanuts get on here and say he is a local and went there for that reason, get your head out of your @rse, he went to Newbridge because he was too lazy to get fit (which is why he didn't go back to Wedderburn) and was happy to take the money on offer from Newbridge, i'd take McCormick over Shevilin in current shape any day of the week.

Heard from an ex calivil player over Stanhope way Robbie Bennett has been offered a good wad of cash to play for them next year. Another massive loss for YCW if true.

Surely not ?! I can't see him playing at inglewood! maybe the team from up the road a bit, might have talked to him! ;)

Havent heard much about mitiamo so far, anyone got any news on them?

Is there something you're not telling us naughts? Are you suggesting that Rose is headed to Bridgewater?

From what I've heard, Billy Grant has has been fairly active on the recruiting front without a huge amount of success at the moment. That's nothing out of the ordinary for this time of year though. I know he has spoken to another Marong local about his movements next year. I had also heard second hand that Tim Wicks has been offered some big coin to go to North Bendigo

exactly right Bobbill, that's why he will get the money he is after. He was without a doubt the best forward in the LVFL this year.

Put it this way, what he is asking for is from all reports what Shevvy gets at Newbridge, now before all the newbridge peanuts get on here and say he is a local and went there for that reason, get your head out of your @rse, he went to Newbridge because he was too lazy to get fit (which is why he didn't go back to Wedderburn) and was happy to take the money on offer from Newbridge, i'd take McCormick over Shevilin in current shape any day of the week.

Aren't you forgetting about a bloke called Chilcott? Surely this placing some doubt over McCormicks reign as the premier forward in the comp. Forget the fact that McCormick played fewer games, Chilcott kicked 30 more goals. There is very little separating the two as far as average goals kicked per game. I'll take the bloke who plays the whole season and kicks a ton thanks.

have a look at who Chilcott kicked his goals against? Not discounting the number of goals he kicked but like Greg Gadsen the other year who kicked 27 goals in the last game against Inglewood to get to his ton it doesn't make him the best forward in the league.

Honestly if you had to pick a forward in the LVFL no one in their right mind would go past McCormick. He probably kicked 200 goals for YCW in two seasons. Chilcott obviously can play but beats up on the weaker sides, McCormick kicked bags against all comers including 10 when they belted Calivil this year at Bacchaus Oval.

Agree it's a subjective thing to pick the best forward, but for me McCormick is clear cut on top.

From what I've heard, Billy Grant has has been fairly active on the recruiting front without a huge amount of success at the moment. I know he has spoken to another Marong local about his movements next year. I had also heard second hand that Tim Wicks has been offered some big coin to go to North Bendigo

Talking to a Miti player last week who would be more than happy to see Wicks move on. Apparently he is a massive tool in all aspects of life, not just on the footy field.
Who's Bill talking to now Hellboy? It would have to be one of the Frankel boys, I'm thinking Toby.

Talking to a Miti player last week who would be more than happy to see Wicks move on. Apparently he is a massive tool in all aspects of life, not just on the footy field.
Who's Bill talking to now Hellboy? It would have to be one of the Frankel boys, I'm thinking Toby.

I think the LVFL would be happy for Wicks to move on, he too is a peanut. Would be a conservation for the ages with Wicks and Lorring having a conservation at Nth Bendigo next year.

If Bennett doe'snt get lured to Stanhope he will end up at Nth, definately won't be staying at YCW.
He's mates with McCormick and not happy about he was sacked.

I'd heard the same after speaking to two of the Miti boys and two seperate occasions. Was more focused on winning another league medal rather than helping Miti contest for a flag.

And I'd be more than happy than anyone to see the back of him.

If Bennett doe'snt get lured to Stanhope he will end up at Nth, definately won't be staying at YCW.
He's mates with McCormick and not happy about he was sacked.

Why doesn't he go and play were McCormick is going to play if he is such great mates with him? I don't think there is a good way to sack a coach that leaves the playing group happy is there?

There must be more to it from YCW to get rid of him as a coach after the general consenus is he is one of the best forwards in the league.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back