Lodden Valley Football League

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
So one bloke over 30 makes them a dads army? Don't know about that one!!!

Add Keating, Chisholm, McCormick and a few others as well. On last years record I believe they would have 10 plus 31 year olds playing.

I'm not saying they cant play just getting on. Keating has been a fantastic servant to that club over many years

Comparing leagues is just silly. I'm from the HDFL and I do think it is stronger but I've only seen 3 LVFL games in my life (they were all Calival in the last 2 years though) and both leagues have players that would be stars in the other league but I feel the HDFL has better depth and the sides are more even with exeptions to Huntly and even North gave a few of the top sides a run for their money. But then again I havnt seen all the sides in the LVFL.

your right their nesko. the difference between the lv and hd is that hd teams are more evenly spread. its not surprising when a north bendigo get up and beat a locky or colbo. i think the lodden valley that it might be a little more surprising if a bottom order team got up to beat a top side!!

does anyone on here now 100% for sure what ex marong star wayne landry is up to???

Heard rumour that Charlie Smythe is new coach of Calivil?? Can anybody confirms this rumour, if is true a would think a backward move for a highly performed club.
confirmation that charlie is coaching calivil this year came from relative of his

I see Tony Bellenger who was Assistant Coach at Newbridge in 2006 has taken the Coaching job at Avoca he was also being tried by Bridgewater to coach them.

As for who will be the big improvers it looks as though Y.C.W could figure prominently. They were widely regarded as a better side than there 5th placed finish last year and with a handful of recruits signed they should be a top 3 side.

I see Tony Bellenger who was Assistant Coach at Newbridge in 2006 has taken the Coaching job at Avoca he was also being tried by Bridgewater to coach them.

As for who will be the big improvers it looks as though Y.C.W could figure prominently. They were widely regarded as a better side than there 5th placed finish last year and with a handful of recruits signed they should be a top 3 side.

Bridgewater have decided on a coach and will announce it shortly, should be a bit of a surprise for a lot of people, i know i was surprised........

anyone know if shannon hayes has sighned at mitiamo or not have heard he had agreed and was assistant coach of koondrook/ barham for two weeks

Heard 2nite that Jade Hogan, Pete Moloney, Mick Galvin are all heading off with Charlie Smythe if he is coaching any truth.:confused:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Heard 2nite that Jade Hogan, Pete Moloney, Mick Galvin are all heading off with Charlie Smythe if he is coaching any truth.:confused:

I have heard Newbridge have a few big signings. They haven't been released to the media as yet though I don't think.....;)

How old is Hayesy old saint, you dont think he's ready for such a challeneg?

unsure on his age doona, i wouldnt imagine him being older than 25 or 6.
just doesnt seem to have the footy smarts to being leading from the front.
maybe 1 day, but to date i havent seen him stamp his authority.
was ok at white hills but after that havent heard much of him.

would like to know how koondrook came to the decision of appointing him ass coach.

I have heard Newbridge have a few big signings. They haven't been released to the media as yet though I don't think.....;)

I have read on the HDFL site three players to sign are ones from Huntly. Hope the big names are not them.

Carson is meant to be leaving and Bellenger so Newbridge will need to do some heavy recruiting to be able to go at least a step further.

i thought he would be around that age too, old saint.
didnt he finish runner up in the cheatley a few years back, or is that my mistake. while he is quite courageous, i too am not sure about his credentials as an ass coach. dont think he could stir the boys with a good speech if needed, but he would definately put his body on the line. the biggest problem for hayesy is he can really only play ruck. hard to get a go in the ruck when you have conheady and smith playing there, who are extremely good. might need a change of scenery. what is the stroy with him and barham/koondrook???

I have read on the HDFL site three players to sign are ones from Huntly. Hope the big names are not them.

Carson is meant to be leaving and Bellenger so Newbridge will need to do some heavy recruiting to be able to go at least a step further.

I think Shevy as well, is one of their recruits... & Burchell (is that his name) from the Borough???

i thought he would be around that age too, old saint.
didnt he finish runner up in the cheatley a few years back, or is that my mistake. while he is quite courageous, i too am not sure about his credentials as an ass coach. dont think he could stir the boys with a good speech if needed, but he would definately put his body on the line. the biggest problem for hayesy is he can really only play ruck. hard to get a go in the ruck when you have conheady and smith playing there, who are extremely good. might need a change of scenery. what is the stroy with him and barham/koondrook???

i think you are right with the cheatley bit however after that he seemed to think he was better than he was, and also played alittle with an ego.
there have been alot of good footballers who havent won a cheatley or finished runner up that i would prefer in my side before hayes.
any way time will tell, good luck to him if he has success, credit where credit is due.

you see to know him very well, he seemed to value himself, a bit more after the runners up in the league, and i can certainly see your point that you would rather other players than him, i think he will do ok out there though

you see to know him very well, he seemed to value himself, a bit more after the runners up in the league, and i can certainly see your point that you would rather other players than him, i think he will do ok out there though

Lets hope he has a great year! There are not many guy's out there that put there body on the line under every pack like him. Wishin you all the best this year Haysey.
;)

Is the guy that owns the chicken shop still coaching Inglewood? Have they recruited anyone or lost anyone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back