Lodden Valley Football League

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I Reckon Mitiamo Will Be Super Hard To Beat This Year I Have Used Them As My Team For The Central Vic Expert Comp I Reckon With Adam Campbell, Ryan Haythorpe, Timmy Wicks & The Kyneton Connection They Are Looking Good. Who Does Everyone Else Think Will Win The Flag?

I Reckon Mitiamo Will Be Super Hard To Beat This Year I Have Used Them As My Team For The Central Vic Expert Comp I Reckon With Adam Campbell, Ryan Haythorpe, Timmy Wicks & The Kyneton Connection They Are Looking Good. Who Does Everyone Else Think Will Win The Flag?

How does Ryan Haythorpe actually go in the LVFL? His rise to seniors in the BFL was quite extraordinary playing 2's all year then senior finals for Sandhurst racking up 4 goals a game.

I would have thought he would feature heavily in the goal kicking in LVFL last year but didn't seem to.

I agree, Miti V's Newbridge Grand final. Would love to see Newbridge lose again.

How does Ryan Haythorpe actually go in the LVFL? His rise to seniors in the BFL was quite extraordinary playing 2's all year then senior finals for Sandhurst racking up 4 goals a game.

I would have thought he would feature heavily in the goal kicking in LVFL last year but didn't seem to.

He made a massive difference to Mitiamo's side last year not just with his goalkicking but obviously he took the best defender each week and created space for Nicholls who only needs a sniff of space to kick goals. With McCormick's departure from the LVFL and Shevlin's ongoing battle with injury and expanding waistline he would be the premier forward in the league along with Chilcott.

With their inclusions this year and the fact Miti is a hard place to win footy at, i'd be penciling the super roos in somewhere near the very top of the ladder.

I agree, Miti V's Newbridge Grand final. Would love to see Newbridge lose again.

I agree with all the comments about Mitiamo, they will be in the top 3 at the end of the year. I doubt whether Newbridge will be good enough to make the granny this year...they seem to have lost too many good players without adding any. Lakey will make a huge difference.

I agree with all the comments about Mitiamo, they will be in the top 3 at the end of the year. I doubt whether Newbridge will be good enough to make the granny this year...they seem to have lost too many good players without adding any. Lakey will make a huge difference.

hmm still 4 weeks out from the start of the season but my ladder looks like this:

Mitiamo
Calivil
Newbridge
Bridgewater
Marong

Pyramid Hill
YCW
Inglewood
Serpentine

Although i reckon it is going to be one of the most even years in the league for ages with sides like Marong and Inglewood reducing the gap between the best and worst teams in the league, exciting year ahead.

Miti play Heathcote in a practice match tonight so might get a idea on how they are travelling from that.

For mine, watch out for Calivil. They are always quite this time of year, sometimes even look like they might of dropped off a tad from the previous year but always bob their head up at the right time.

There is an saying in football: "Forward lines get you to the grand final, but back lines win you the grand final"

Based on this Miti to fly into the finals series and get done by the best back line in the league - Calivil.

hmm still 4 weeks out from the start of the season but my ladder looks like this:

Mitiamo
Calivil
Newbridge
Bridgewater
Marong

Pyramid Hill
YCW
Inglewood
Serpentine

Although i reckon it is going to be one of the most even years in the league for ages with sides like Marong and Inglewood reducing the gap between the best and worst teams in the league, exciting year ahead.
how can you put bridge, marong ahead of pyramid,with the flogging hill give bridge in final. think you will see pyramid in top 2.

how can you put bridge, marong ahead of pyramid,with the flogging hill give bridge in final. think you will see pyramid in top 2.

Um pretty easy actually i think Bridgewater and Marong will win more games than Pyramid Hill so will therefore finish above Pyramid Hill. Last year is last year and from all reports Bridgewater have picked up a good half dozen senior footballers and Ashman is fit and ready to go, whereas last year Bridgey were a bit beat up come finals time.

As for the comment about Calivil your spot on, the ladder i've done is position at end of season, i still think Calivil will win the flag again, but from position 3 onwards it is anybodies guess.

As for the comment about Calivil your spot on, the ladder i've done is position at end of season, i still think Calivil will win the flag again, but from position 3 onwards it is anybodies guess.

did you have a run on the weekend against Avoca Frankenfurter.
how did yc's young guns shape up? is concol playing?

Wheres this Miti practice match at tonite, would be good to look at what Miti have got.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mitiamo
Calivil
Newbridge
Bridgewater
Marong

Pyramid Hill
YCW
Inglewood
Serpentine

So obviously Serp aren't going to be much of a threat come September this year??
Who were standout players for them last season, and are they likely to be the players that will standout again in 08???

This is bush footy Forest...if you recruit well over summer a team can easily jump 5 positions or so.

Comparing PH to BW of last year is pointless because the teams change so much.

My predictions at this very early stage are:

Mitiamo
Calivil
Bridgewater
Newbridge
Pyramid Hill

Marong
Inglewood
YCW
Serp

I agree with early posts...shaping to be a very even and exciting year in the LV

Congratulations to Matt Smith for making the U 18's Pio's squad....The squad has 40 named.......Matt has made the squad due to hard work, love of footy and self belief.

Eaglehawk have 7 named....then Golden Square with 5, Echuca 4, Kyneton 4, Sandhurst 3.

who is coaching bridgy 2s ? is it julian renshaw ? would be good to see how he would go against his old team ? why would he leave inglewood ?

Apparently he was at training on Tuesday night so I am guessing they have signed him for the job. No doubt he was signed to bring some players with him...I'm sure someone from inglewood will have some more info on this and which players are likely to make the move???

So obviously Serp aren't going to be much of a threat come September this year??
Who were standout players for them last season, and are they likely to be the players that will standout again in 08???

2 wooma's stood out last year but 1 has departed, expect big things from GERTA when he gets over his heart condition, but the key to this season will either be Mr Nesbitt up forward or Mr G Adlem in the ruck.:p:D:)

Newbridge rumours; Both Giri's looking at hanging the boots up, Chris Knee is no good for footy (confirmed by cricket team mates) and Matt is apparently not happy with his 'offer' out there - Alot of players taking pay cuts to keep Comer. Lakey's "replacement" NALDER will not play this year also after being told his knee wasn't right (confirmed by Nalder himself).
Also Baxter still to commit (but apparently did the same last year, so no-one is super concerned about him yet) Plus Shev still hobbling into KFC every 2nd night, looks bigger than last season. Some big gaps to fill @ newbridge (especially with no key signings!) Might battle this season to be a top 4 side.

Calival Rumour; Nick Manly has signed back with them after stints with Elmore and Huntly (both stints he'd rather forget from all reports.)

Newbridge rumours; Both Giri's looking at hanging the boots up, Chris Knee is no good for footy (confirmed by cricket team mates) and Matt is apparently not happy with his 'offer' out there - Alot of players taking pay cuts to keep Comer. Lakey's "replacement" NALDER will not play this year also after being told his knee wasn't right (confirmed by Nalder himself).
Also Baxter still to commit (but apparently did the same last year, so no-one is super concerned about him yet) Plus Shev still hobbling into KFC every 2nd night, looks bigger than last season. Some big gaps to fill @ newbridge (especially with no key signings!) Might battle this season to be a top 4 side.

Calival Rumour; Nick Manly has signed back with them after stints with Elmore and Huntly (both stints he'd rather forget from all reports.)

Matt Giri to Harcourt according to the clearances list. How does he go? I've heard mixed reports.

Just quickly, on behalf of the Heathcote footy club i'd like to thank Bill Grant and his boys for the hit-out last night under lights @ Miti. Both sides got alot out of it i think, the ground was in great nick and the lights were excellent. Best of luck to Bill & the Super Roos for '08, especially ex-saints Hayesy & Jars.

Just quickly, on behalf of the Heathcote footy club i'd like to thank Bill Grant and his boys for the hit-out last night under lights @ Miti. Both sides got alot out of it i think, the ground was in great nick and the lights were excellent. Best of luck to Bill & the Super Roos for '08, especially ex-saints Hayesy & Jars.

Who won?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back